• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are you excited for the Sugar Bowl?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
That was an awesome game. On the down side, I have lost all respect for Cincinnati fans. Before the game they were rowdy and disrespectful, even to young kids. During the game they were so obnoxious that security had to come calm them down. Near the end they were picking fights, throwing punches, and endangering kids. The elderly fans got up and left the area. It was bad, but the family enjoyed the game.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
How Sweet It Was

Even though I was at home in Orlando freezing my tush off, it was a great game to watch and a fitting way to send Tim Tebow on to bigger and better things. He probably played the game of his like last night.

I felt bad for Jeff Demps after he went down with that injury; he's one of my favorites and I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt.

Deonte Thompson and Riley Cooper each had a great night; it was nice to see Deonte step up and make plays as one of Timmy's targets.

Solid defense; once they got the "feel" of the Bearcats they went to work and put the pressure on Tony Pike. One could see that he was frustrated all night.

Seems there was a lot of trash-talking during the game as well, in addition to those rowdy fans Escambia was talking about.

If there was one negative about the game, it was those idiot FOX announcers calling it - MAN, they were annoying with some of the stupid things they were saying and trying to keep the pot stirred!

At the end, I'm glad we won, and you can tell these kids really love and respect Coach Meyer. It looked as though Shelley was crying when she was up there with Coach during the trophy presentation; I'm sure she was just as sentimental as we all were knowing that this was Timmy's last game in a Gator uniform.

And for those who still think this was a "consolation game" after having lost the SECCG - please get a life.

Anyway, it was nice to end this crazy season on a positive note - get well soon Urban Meyer, and hope to see you back sometime later this year!

GO GATORS!!!!!!: :gator::gator::gator:

GatorGal15

VIP Member
Do we know what happened to Aaron's finger? I read he had to have surgery on it after the game and while watching the "TEBOW CAM" I saw him showing his finger to Tim and they proceeded to show it to everyone else..

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

Solid defense; once they got the "feel" of the Bearcats they went to work and put the pressure on Tony Pike. One could see that he was frustrated all night.

A friend of mine tells me that he zoomed in on Pike's face several times and saw fear sometimes utter panic when Dunlap or Spikes got in his face. I haven't watched the video yet, so I'll take his word.

Seems there was a lot of trash-talking during the game as well, in addition to those rowdy fans Escambia was talking about.

Maybe I was a little harsh in judgement by basing all Cincinnati fans on this one event, but I have sat on the hostile side of other football, baseball, and hockey games and have never seen it this bad. I'm trying very hard to not judge Cincinnati fans. Maybe I'll amend my New Year's resolutions.

If there was one negative about the game, it was those idiot FOX announcers calling it - MAN, they were annoying with some of the stupid things they were saying and trying to keep the pot stirred!

Agreed. They spent more time talking about the "soap opera" aspect of the game than the game itself--I did not hear them mention one single statistic the entire time until Timmy broke the record for yardage. By the way, Texas Tech won in convincing fashion without its head coach. Why does Cincinnati get to use the "I didn't win because my head coach left me" excuse? Whether the coach leaves or is fired, the coach is gone and there is a game to play. Cincinnati is out of excuses. They are a good team, but Florida was better on this day, no excuses. I use the same rationale for the Florida-Alabama game--Florida was good, but Alabama was better, no excuses.

At the end, I'm glad we won, and you can tell these kids really love and respect Coach Meyer. It looked as though Shelley was crying when she was up there with Coach during the trophy presentation; I'm sure she was just as sentimental as we all were knowing that this was Timmy's last game in a Gator uniform.

It was a worthy last game for this senior class, and a great gift for Coach.

And for those who still think this was a "consolation game" after having lost the SECCG - please get a life.

Agreed. Win or lose, Florida has a rich history with Sugar Bowl games. Also, I'm a little selfish--I would not have been able to treat my family to this game if it were the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, CA. The Sugar Bowl is a much closer drive.

Anyway, it was nice to end this crazy season on a positive note - get well soon Urban Meyer, and hope to see you back sometime later this year!

GO GATORS!!!!!!: :gator::gator::gator:

Well said. Go Gators!

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Watching the re-run of the Sugar Bowl on Sun Sports, I'm glad FOX won't be doing the BCS games after this year (or I can only hope). After all the announcers' trying to fuel the rumor mills with their speculations about Coach Meyer, doubting Tim Tebow's ability to play at the next level and subtly accusing the Gators of running up the score, I was ready to heave.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema