• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Anyone Going to the Super Bowl? Prices Are Staggering

dizzle498

Gator Fan
If you NFL team were in the Super Bowl, would you pay this much to be there live? I know I would. I went to a World Series game for the Angels in 2002, I paid WAY to much for the tickets, but now I am glad I did, cause they may never get back.

Personally, I wouldn't go cheap, I would get the second level tickets so I had a good view and would have better memories.

Courtesy of our sponsor

Upper Reserved – 385 sets of tickets for sale starting at $2,818
Lower Reserved and Loge – 115 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,163
Mezzanine and Mezzanine Club – 147 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,600
Main and Main Club – 233 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,248
Hall of Fame and Hall of Fame Club – 186 sets of tickets for sale starting at $3,840
Founders Club – 10 sets of tickets for sale starting at $9,775

How Much Are Tickets for the 2011 Super Bowl XVL? Steelers vs Packers | SeatHound.com Ticket/News Blog

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I went to the Chicago vs. Colts Superbowl in Miami a few years back. I did not have to pay as it was a vendor sponsored event. Even so, I would not do it again. Even if it was not cold, windy, and raining the whole time it just is not the same as watching it on the 50+" HD TV.

I know it is about the energy of the fans and all hoopla that goes with it but it just did not do anything for me.

I actually have a much better time going to Gator games when I can go.

Go Gators!!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Don't forget that you can pay $100 to park and another $200 to tailgate. I guess you can pack your car and tailgate 8 for only $300, unless they ban external food and/or grills in the parking lot.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How about Jerry getting $900-per-ticket to "RESERVE A SPACE STANDING OUTSIDE THE STADIUM TO PARTY AND WATCH ON A REALLY BIG SCREEN", a kind of "be sort-of-there and party with the crowd like you ARE"-experience? Something like a thousand of 'em and they were "snapped up"...I guess you get to party in the lot (again, more $ for THAT space), then walk over like the rest of the crowd--only they go in and you make a turn to who-knows-what, some sort of grandstand area in front of that big outdoor screen there (might have some advantages for the drinkers, if it means you avoid the Big-Bottle-Search at the stadium-entrance--but from what I hear they WILL still have concession stands out there for those folks in order to gouge 'em for $7 hot dogs and $9 beers and what not, so maybe not). A far cry from the early years, like at Super Bowl III where you could go down to the Orange Bowl on game day and just party with all the crazy folks in town for their teams, or just for the party--whether they had tix or not!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
And this is why I prefer college football. If I cannot get tickets to the game, I can hang out on campus and someone will let me chill out at their tailgate. When I retire, I plan on getting one of those grills that you can attach to an SUV and do nothing but tailgate. As far as I know, tailgating is free on campus--just drive the truck onto the grass and park by the hot chicks playing beer pong.

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
That's insane. I would never pay near those prices to go to a football game. Unless I was a super rich football fan with thousands of dollars to blow.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And yet you hear about these strange little people who have been to every Super Bowl, just tired old "normal Joes" by now who have made this their life's dream, life's accomplishment and annual hit of "real world excitement" all rolled into one. With the money they've spent, in inflation-adjusted terms, they could have not just traveled all over the world by now, they probably could have bought themselves a modest villa and retired there! Then again, none of 'em seem to have any regrets--more than many can say, so what the hell, I guess...
Me, I'm with E-: I'm a fan of the college-game, to start with--my Gators are the only team that directly represents a place and idea that I am personally connected to, that I feel is MINE. That I share this with so many others just makes it that much bigger and stronger.
The pro-game not only doesn't give you that (unless you're a lifelong resident of Green Bay, I suppose), the PLAYERS are completely mercenary, by definition--the whole system is set up that way. As far as the teams, I have my favorites, as well as a few "hate 'ems", and I root for Gators to do well, but it isn't NEARLY the emotional investment for me that NCAA Football is. As the years have passed I have cared less and less about Sundays--but I follow Saturdays rabidly! So I guess I'll be like Escambia94, following the Gators as much as is possible for a weird old geezer in an offbeat RV (gotta "Keep It Weird", right E-?).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema