• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Another Tebow versus Newton Thread

Who has a better NFL career?

• Total voters

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well, somebody has to do it. We see it on the time on TV and on the Internets. Here is my take.

At this point in the draft process for each in their respective years, Tebow actually had a slight advantage in the eyes of the scouts. By electing not to throw at the Combine and just showing off his athleticism his Pro Day, he made a smart move. Some will say that Newton performed well today at the Combine, but most of the buzz has been that he underperformed against a less talented crop of QBs. Newton can still "overtake" Tebow at his own Pro Day. My guess is that Tebow made the path easier for Newton.

Code:
Player Name: 	Tebow Newton
Height:  	6'3"	6'5"
Weight: 	236	248
40 Yrd Dash: 	4.71	4.58
20 Yrd Dash: 	2.66	2.7*
10 Yrd Dash: 	1.55	1.7*
Vertical Jump: 	38.5"	35"
Broad Jump: 	9'07"	10'6"
20 Yd Shut: 	4.17	4.18
3-Cone Drill: 	6.66	6.92
Projection:   	Late 1	Early 1  
QB ranking: 	3/89    2/120
Player rank: 	36/1995	10/2702
Completion %	66.4	65.4
Yards/Att.	9.3	10.0
Touchdown %	8.8	10.3
Interception %	1.6	2.4
NCAA QB Rating	170.8	178.2

The statistics are similar. The scouting reports are similar. The résumés are similar. Will Newton have a better NFL career than Tebow?

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
I would say that Tebow will have a better overall career than Newton. The reason may not be due to actual play but more the length of time playing. Based on past experience with Newton and his actions I would bet that he screws up in a major way and is out of the NFL in just a few years. I also think that his flamboyant attitude and his ego will not go well with other NFL players. They fact that he is comparing his workouts on the same par as Manning, Brady, and other elite proven quarterbacks without even being part of the NFL is not going to sit well with other players. (imho) I see Tebow actually continuing to work hard, showing his leadership skills, and building those relationships you need to be successful in the NFL and he will have a long run playing in the NFL and thus having a better career.

Note - Most of the statement above is based on that I do not like Newton as he is a liar, cheat, and a thief much like his Father. What is the ole saying....A tiger does not lose his stripes???? (his actions will not change once he is in the NFL)

Go Tebow, Go Gators!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm going to "keep it simple" here. For a thousand and more reasons, the most important of which have been demonstrated annually in the way this whole drafting-process turns out to be "hit-or-miss" and should be self-evident by now, LOOK AT THE MAN'S HEART...look in his eyes.
That's not always so easily judged, granted, but it sure as hell is THIS time, in my view.
Of course, that last part is the key caveat--"In my view", it's Tebow, hands down, but I could be wrong. Maybe Newton HAS completely changed, grown into a fine young man and found true wisdom amongst the corruption swirling around him. Maybe he really CAN so thoroughly compartmentalize, separate the turmoil of bad press and the growing revelations regarding both Auburn and his own family from his future responsibilities that they have no effect on him, but that's a LOT of "maybe's". Not to mention all the questions raised in turn. It's not as if all those regarding his own involvement have gone away.
So I look at TT , everything we've seen and learned about HIM (and under a level of scrutiny never seen before, BTW), and suddenly it doesn't appear such a difficult question, far as I can see.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema