• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

ALABAMAS excuse

they had no justification in complaining about the refs ....in the game I watched they got away with many infractions including several face masks that should have been called.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
gators were called for more penalties but Bama had two costly ones with the facemask and horse collar.

And both those penalties came b/c the defender misjudged James' and Demps' speed and therefore took bad angles.

Saban should take the blame for those penalties.

castawaygator

VIP Member
gators were called for more penalties but Bama had two costly ones with the facemask and horse collar.

you are correct!

and on film replay you can clearly see that bama's penalties were legit! although i thought i saw a few uncalled holding penalties on bama when they were setting up for their second td.

bama123

Gator Fan
Florida fans and the players have I thing in common..you guys NEED more class..that kicking was uncalled for. When your in the heisman race you dont celebrate like your suppose to act grown up. It was a good game and a GREAT atmosphere. Hope to wish you all well!!

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I agree with all the viewpoints of my fellow GE posters on the penalties. Two things about the calls that I recall worth mentioning....
There was a questionable catch that was made and when they showed the replay it was a view that had one of the zebras in the foreground that looked like he had no idea what was going on or why he was there. He was not looking in the direction of the play but looked like he was staring off into space. (did anyone else see that?)
The other was the "sideline interference" penalty charged to Coach. Besides the fact that the penalty occured when we were inches from scoring on an awesome
picture.php
drive but satan was on the field just as many times as Coach and maybe more.

In general I thought the officiating was sub-par, too many missed calls on both sides, but I think there were more that were missed that were in bama's favor.

Gator Duck

Gator Fan
MahxFahn;35827[FONT=Comic Sans MS said:
There was a questionable catch that was made and when they showed the replay it was a view that had one of the zebras in the foreground that looked like he had no idea what was going on or why he was there. He was not looking in the direction of the play but looked like he was staring off into space. (did anyone else see that?)[/FONT]

I noticed that too. I believe he might be a line judge and therefore would only be looking at what was happening around the line of schrimage.

Also, twice we either scored or the ball should have been inches from the goal line - not a full yard out.

castawaygator

VIP Member
Florida fans and the players have I thing in common..you guys NEED more class..that kicking was uncalled for. When your in the heisman race you dont celebrate like your suppose to act grown up. It was a good game and a GREAT atmosphere. Hope to wish you all well!!

Now Now, it was not Tebow doing the kicking, in fact he stopped it from getting out of hand. just like a good Heisman.

good luck bama in whatever bowl you play, but GOD how i wish bama would get paired up against USC or UT and pound the crap out of them. on paper it looks good against USC, having the best defenses go at it. Utah although a good team will not be able to handle a bama D.

castawaygator

VIP Member
I know but i can still wish.

i would just love seeing bama destroy either USC or UT not only for them to win, but also to leave no doubt that the best from the PAC10 and B12 can not compete with the best of the SEC.
look at peoples opinion now of the B10, honestly they are out classed. sure their teams are GOOD but not great.
when it comes to the BEST i just dont think any other conference leaders can match the top 2 or 3 in the SEC

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I don't blame Louis Murphy for being pissed off on that one call Bama got away with, but it happens in just about every game - infractions seem to get by the refs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema