• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

4 plays for our RBs

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Can you believe that Rainey, Demps and James combined for only 4 rushes the entire game. I know Cody is a beast in the middle, but I can't believe we only ran the ball 4 times with those guys. We shouldn't have abandoned the run so quickly even being down.

Swampman

VIP Member
Ya I'm not sure what the coaches were thinking. Did they panic because we were losing, or did they not trust the RBs against Alabama's tough run defense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Ya I'm not sure what the coaches were thinking. Did they panic because we were losing, or did they not trust the RBs against Alabama's tough run defense.

I get the impression that the coaches only trust Tebow and Cooper on offense. The RB corps has not gained the trust of the coaches, so they run Tebow or the dive. The receivers have not gained the trust of the coaches, so they toss deep to Coop or short to Hernandez.

Next year, I think the coaches need to be more open, or we will quickly feel a 4-loss season again.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Thats why i really pray that meyer finds a better offensive coordinator or takes it over himself. our play calling all year was horrendous, too predictable, too much of the dive, not enough deep throws and for the love of god i don't understand why Moody is not used more and use rainey and demps in the slot for sweeps and all. I always wondered why he wouldn't have both on the field at the same time to confuse defenses on weather we would run a sweep or up the middle with a more powerful back. I think next year with Debouse our offense should be pretty good.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Can you believe that Rainey, Demps and James combined for only 4 rushes the entire game. I know Cody is a beast in the middle, but I can't believe we only ran the ball 4 times with those guys. We shouldn't have abandoned the run so quickly even being down.

They should have ran around Cody though their LBs are good as well. They should have ran the ball with them more than four times.

OldCityGator

Gator Fan
No way we should have given up on the run. I was shocked we didn't run them more and Moody, if I remember correctly, only touched the ball once.

We need a new OC. Adazio is a fine coach, but I'd rather someone else call the plays.

Let's face it, Bama wanted this game more than we did. We weren't tackling worth a hoot. THere were several times we'd have dropped the runner for a loss and they'd get free and run for a first down.

Oh well, all in all, it's been a great season. I'd like to see our seniors go out with a win in the bowl game.

OldCityGator

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
No way we should have given up on the run. I was shocked we didn't run them more and Moody, if I remember correctly, only touched the ball once.

We need a new OC. Adazio is a fine coach, but I'd rather someone else call the plays.

Let's face it, Bama wanted this game more than we did. We weren't tackling worth a hoot. THere were several times we'd have dropped the runner for a loss and they'd get free and run for a first down.

Oh well, all in all, it's been a great season. I'd like to see our seniors go out with a win in the bowl game.

OldCityGator

Yesterday, Alabama wanted it more. All season, nobody seemed to want it except maybe Tebow. Maybe. This was our one chance at history, and we blew it. We will just have to settle for being a very good team, but not a great team. I'm okay with that.

As for the bowl game, the seniors need to show the leadership that has been lacking all year long if we want to win. I assure you that Cincinnati is poised defeat us just based on emotion and underdoggedness (if that is a word). If the seniors do not show they care, I will not give two s**ts about the legacy of this senior class. I miss the team from '96, or even '06--those guys didn't just show up to work to collect a win. These guys lost something between '08 and '09--the desire to win.

JvilleJohnny

I don't necessarily think they lost the desire to win.. I think they gained too much confidence going into the game, they felt like they were invincible... and we all know that NO team is unbeatable. I think Tebow felt like there were alot of leaders on the team so he didn't want to impose his will on them as much... But I was very surprised that we didn't use more sweeps, triple options, or even RB screens... but I think the answer would be Rolando Mclain.. they didn't feel they could beat him enough with just speed. But they definitely could have used the off-tackle draw to get past Cody, and trick Mclain into biting on the direction of the play.

G8RB8R

VIP Member
Kind of reminds me of back in, I think it was 1983, Florida-Georgia game, and Neal Anderson sat on the bench the entire game, and UGA won. When Charlie Pell was asked why Anderson did not play, Charlie came out with one of his classic answers...."I forgot about him..."

Maybe Addazzio forgot, too.

mjfan23

VIP Member
This better change when we play the UNDERSIZED bearcats. We should be able to run the ball at will.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I don't necessarily think they lost the desire to win.. I think they gained too much confidence going into the game, they felt like they were invincible... and we all know that NO team is unbeatable. I think Tebow felt like there were alot of leaders on the team so he didn't want to impose his will on them as much... But I was very surprised that we didn't use more sweeps, triple options, or even RB screens... but I think the answer would be Rolando Mclain.. they didn't feel they could beat him enough with just speed. But they definitely could have used the off-tackle draw to get past Cody, and trick Mclain into biting on the direction of the play.

Agreed. They were reportedly loose and perhaps a little too cavalier during warmups where Bama was more serious, and they all should have known better what happens when things are taken for granted - 2007 was a prime example of that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema