• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2021-2022 Bowl Projections

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Somehow the Gators are bowl eligible. The fans really do not care, but the players could use the extra practice and the swag that comes with a bowl season. These are not official and could change as results come in today. I am just excited to post that Florida could be in a bowl game.

- Orange (CFP semi) Dec. 31 Miami, Georgia vs. Oklahoma

-Sugar Jan. 1 New Orleans Alabama vs. Okla. St.

- Fiesta Jan. 1 Glendale Texas A&M vs. N. Dame

- Texas Jan. 4 Houston Miss. St. vs. Kansas St.

- Citrus Jan. 1 Orlando Ole Miss vs. Michigan St.

- Outback Jan. 1 Tampa Auburn vs. Wisconsin

- Gator Dec. 31 Jacksonville Arkansas vs. Clemson

- Duke’s Mayo Dec. 30 Charlotte
South Carolina vs. Pitt

- Music City Dec. 30 Nashville
Tennessee vs. Penn State

- Liberty Dec. 28 Memphis Kentucky vs. Texas Tech

- Birmingham Dec. 28 Birmingham
Florida vs. Louisville

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Somehow the Gators are bowl eligible. The fans really do not care, but the players could use the extra practice and the swag that comes with a bowl season. These are not official and could change as results come in today. I am just excited to post that Florida could be in a bowl game.

- Orange (CFP semi) Dec. 31 Miami, Georgia vs. Oklahoma

-Sugar Jan. 1 New Orleans Alabama vs. Okla. St.

- Fiesta Jan. 1 Glendale Texas A&M vs. N. Dame

- Texas Jan. 4 Houston Miss. St. vs. Kansas St.

- Citrus Jan. 1 Orlando Ole Miss vs. Michigan St.

- Outback Jan. 1 Tampa Auburn vs. Wisconsin

- Gator Dec. 31 Jacksonville Arkansas vs. Clemson

- Duke’s Mayo Dec. 30 Charlotte
South Carolina vs. Pitt

- Music City Dec. 30 Nashville
Tennessee vs. Penn State

- Liberty Dec. 28 Memphis Kentucky vs. Texas Tech

- Birmingham Dec. 28 Birmingham
Florida vs. Louisville
Thanks for taking the time out of your “fun time” there in G-vile to post this E—...
It’s hard to get too excited as a Gator fan (as you noted) about “THE BIRMINGHAM BOWL”, but your points re the reasons why it’s still useful to the players, Coaches and program are well-taken.
I sure would like to see us get a Coach named, at the very least (even BETTER if he could come in and begin working with us!), but if getting the guy we really WANT, whomever that “first choice” would be means waiting, well “WAITING” is what we will just have to DO!

Escambia94

Other possibilities include UCF or Miami in the Gasparilla Bowl in Tampa/St Petersburg on December 23.

Escambia94

Latest updated projections:

FBC Mortgage Cure Bowl
Camping World Stadium (Orlando, Florida)
December 17, 6 p.m. on ESPN2 and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Florida vs. Liberty
Schlabach: Memphis vs. Alabama-Birmingham

Union Home Mortgage Gasparilla Bowl
Raymond James Stadium (Tampa, Florida)
December 23, 7 p.m. on ESPN and the ESPN App

Bonagura: Missouri vs. Appalachian State
Schlabach: Florida vs. Central Florida

Escambia94

I am actually gonna go to whatever bowl this group goes too. Yea I may cry in the stands but it aint shit else to do
If you live in the state of Florida, there is a high probability that the bowl game will be in Tampa or Orlando. Birmingham is the furthest one.

I split time between California and Texas in my current job, so I usually make it one game per year at most.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am actually gonna go to whatever bowl this group goes too. Yea I may cry in the stands but it aint shit else to do
You are a good and loyal fan nonetheless, Dale.
(But am I correct in assuming that this does NOT require of you and/or yours a huge multi-state/cross-country crossing?...I mean, for the players there is Swag AND a free first-class charter plane trip...For US it tends to be more a well-mounted logistical plan, dubiously-timed, for limited chest-pounding potential glory as a payoff...Just saying.
I hope I am in the minority, that our fans show in surprising numbers and along with their/OUR team, players and coaches DO US PROUD!)

You are a good and loyal fan nonetheless, Dale.
(But am I correct in assuming that this does NOT require of you and/or yours a huge multi-state/cross-country crossing?...I mean, for the players there is Swag AND a free first-class charter plane trip...For US it tends to be more a well-mounted logistical plan, dubiously-timed, for limited chest-pounding potential glory as a payoff...Just saying.
I hope I am in the minority, that our fans show in surprising numbers and along with their/OUR team, players and coaches DO US PROUD!)

I would go watch the game in Europe. Regardless of where it is played, I really like this group of seniors.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I would go watch the game in Europe. Regardless of where it is played, I really like this group of seniors.
Wow. That is a heck of a statement, on all counts!
I don’t know if the “Europe” part is the best qualifier (I mean, that sounds like a HELL of a bowl game to START with: If I could find the time and the bucks, I might make THAT trip TOO)...but never mind that:
I credit you with fine loyalty and support for what ARE a FINE group of seniors.
On a certain level, maybe you shame ALL of us so ready to turn our backs in frustration, disappointment (and yes, even some embarrassment) at a team that has seemingly underperformed at times—at least in our record down the stretch AND at certain crucial points in-game this past season.
But to some extent at LEAST, these young men REDEEMED themselves this past Saturday, pulling it together out there for a raucous home crowd after a week of turmoil, and essentially WITHOUT A COACH:
It would have been EASY for them to just “mail it in”...
Who would say they didn’t show courage, guts, determination and pride in themselves out there in the end??!
When the crowd sang “Won’t Back Down” before the last quarter it was as if they were singing not just to the WORLD, but in particular WITH OUR TEAM...the hairs were LITERALLY standing up on the back of my neck!
After everything, that turned out suddenly to be one of my best Gator memories EVER.
The kind of thing we became sports fans, GATOR-fans FOR.
I was at a largish get-together with non-Gator (mostly, if anything Longhorn) fans, watching the game with just “half an eye” into the 3rd quarter, at least.
But between the rally behind AR, the steady and eventually toughening defense, and the crowd-song at the quarter-break, by the time they held on for the WIN, despite EVERYTHING, I gotta say that they did us, and THEMSELVES PROUD!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I got my ticket and today and hotel booked. The tickets were nearly sold out; but I believe that may be more UCF fans that Florida fans.
Oh yeah—I’m sure they are CRANKED to have a shot at knocking off UF, of all schools here in Florida in what I am sure they are HOPING (maybe even COUNTING) on being an “off year” for our program.
That’s THEIR motivating factor; you’d HOPE it might be our PRIDE that could similarly motivate US the same way!
I have no idea how this will all work with our “Interim Coach” (and/or any “presence” or “input” from our NEW GUY—though I do understand that this is generally NOT DONE in such situations), but our win against FSU (albeit a Noles team that was “on the come” in the latter half of the season BEFORE coming up against us!) doesn’t exactly fill me with overwhelming confidence heading to a Bowl Game that, along with everything else going on, has gotta feel like somewhat of a “let down” after previous such games this Gator team has faced the past few seasons (not to mention the expectations coming INTO the season)...but everything has changed, “expectations” have had to be “realigned”, and now THIS is what we’re facing, who and what’s ahead:
For the sake of our Seniors, AND ALL OUR “FUTURES”, we’d all sure love to see them pull it all together ONE MORE TIME here!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In related news, tickets on the east side of the stadium (Florida side) are nearly sold out and tickets are opening up for Florida fans on the west side.
THAT’S a “good sign”—support (hopefully LOUD “support”) from our fans for this one.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Are you all surprised at AR15 not playing in the bowl game?
I was wondering (specifically planned to ASK) the very same thing(?).
It COULD be Emory's “Gator Swan Song”/Audition for his Senior Season Elsewhere!
(I wonder why these kids never learn—from the examples pro and con right in front of them about how and why it pays to stay and see it THROUGH ...That things will “turn out” REGARDLESS: Gator QBs have ended up with NFL careers after EVERY KIND of Gator career—as starter, back-up or BOTH.)
The main thing it seems is to STAY AT IT!!!
Just don’t stop. If you wanna play, find a WAY to STAY.
KEEP PLAYING, for SOME ONE, SOMEWHERE.
Work hard; Believe in yourSELF.
STAY. AT. IT. GATOR.
Whatever. WHENEVER.
(“In all kinds of weather...”
REMEMBER?)

Escambia94

I was wondering (specifically planned to ASK) the very same thing(?).
It COULD be Emory's “Gator Swan Song”/Audition for his Senior Season Elsewhere!
(I wonder why these kids never learn—from the examples pro and con right in front of them about how and why it pays to stay and see it THROUGH ...That things will “turn out” REGARDLESS: Gator QBs have ended up with NFL careers after EVERY KIND of Gator career—as starter, back-up or BOTH.)
The main thing it seems is to STAY AT IT!!!
Just don’t stop. If you wanna play, find a WAY to STAY.
KEEP PLAYING, for SOME ONE, SOMEWHERE.
STAY. AT. IT. GATOR.
Whatever. WHENEVER.
Emory volunteered to postpone any transfer decisions until after Anthony's surgery. Emory will probably transfer, but if he also needs surgery he may elect to stay with the team if Napier is willing to keep that scholarship spot for him. I am fine with EJ5 starting in the bowl game. He has been a consummate team player.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emory volunteered to postpone any transfer decisions until after Anthony's surgery. Emory will probably transfer, but if he also needs surgery he may elect to stay with the team if Napier is willing to keep that scholarship spot for him. I am fine with EJ5 starting in the bowl game. He has been a consummate team player.
Agreed re Emory. He has fallen short as a starter—and by everything we’ve seen so far from BN (AND, as I say, my new found awareness of his whole way of doing things BEFORE he got here), our Coach will be decisive and deliberate in how he gathers and chooses his QB prospects here at UF.
It helps, I am finding, to not even be THINKING in terms of “how good we’ll be how fast” NEXT season...From the very top of the administration (whether you are talking about the AD, the people who hired him, the boosters and endowment-people), SS and on over to our Head Coach and on down through all the new hires and players—the ones who stay and the new ones still to come—it will henceforth be about the future and eventual, ultimate success, regularly competed for and achieved.

Escambia94

The team we see in the bowl game will look nothing like the team we see in September. Think of the bowl game as an audition for this team’s transfer portal destinations, or for the coaches, their next coaching gig.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema