• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

2009 Gator Women's Football Clinic (for the ladies)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Once again, UF will be holding its annual Gator Womens Football Clinic this summer - it's scheduled for Saturday, June 20 on the UF campus from 9:30 am - 5:00 pm.

It's for women only ages 16 and older (No men allowed!), but in the years I've been going to them they're informative and LOTS of fun. If you don't know a whole lot about football they're a good place to learn the basics; if you understand the game it's a great day to socialize with other Gator fans and perhaps do a bit of business networking, as well as get a tour of the facilities, hear the coaching staff and their wives speak, and get a nice presentation on Gator football.

Guys, definitely encourage your wives, girlfriends, sisters, moms or other female friends who are Gator fans to attend!

Link to the registration form: http://www.gatorzone.com/camps/?id=23

Jack&Dew

Gator Fan
My Wife and Mother-n-law are going to this. I am hoping that this will help them both get more into the games.

Is there anything for the guys to do while the girls are in attendance?

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
Comin' in late on this one. This time of year if the weather was good and we weren't at the beach we would be at one of the springs west and north of Hoggetowne

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I'm here in Gainesville as I post this; I'm staying at the Holiday Inn on University just up the street from campus. Since I've left a 5:30 wakeup call, I'll keep it short and sweet tonight.

I took an R&R weekend just for the Women's Clinic, and left Orlando at @ 10:00 this morning. Got into Gainesville around noon and headed for campus since I couldn't check into the hotel early, so I hung out at the Rietz and visited the new football complex - the National Championship trophies from each year are on display with highlight vids of each game, there is an interactive display showing Gator greats from the past and recent years, as well as an interactive for our rival teams.

(One suggestion for The Hub: Put a Sbarro restaurant in there. One of my fave pig-out foods is their Chicken Parmigiana, and I also like their lasagna. Good pizza as well.)

I did so some shopping; picked up some more Gator gear for myself and my office. Being a Gator Club member comes in handy at the bookstores, as I've discovered - getting discounts never hurts.

Around happy hour, there was a small protest at the corner of University and NW 13th street catty-corner from the hotel; a group was protesting the recent Iranian election, and there were also some Hare Krishnas chanting across the street. Nobody hurt or arrested.

Anyway, looking forward to the clinic tomorrow; we're meeting at the Reitz at 8:30 tomorrow morning for the first part, and then after lunch heading over to The Swamp. I hope they're taking the heat into consideration tomorrow; the forecast is for temps near 100 mid-afternoon.

Anyway, I'll post more about it on Monday.

BTW, Happy Father's Day to Coach Meyer, all our GE dads here and

GO GATORS!!!!!!!!

FLAGator

Gator Fan
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/content/sports/epaper/2009/06/20/0620uffoot.html
Florida Gators' girl power invades Swamp
Today may be Father's Day, but Saturday was Ladies Day as Florida coaches held their annual "Gator Football Women's Clinic." About 800 women ages 16 and up arrived on campus for a morning of clinics and instruction - positioning, schemes, terminology - and an afternoon of drills, sprints and push-ups in 100-degree heat on Florida Field. Most of the women came from the Gainesville area, but a few came from as far away as California and Ohio.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
In spite of the heat, it was a fun time at the Women's Clinic this year.

I was one of the early birds; I got to Reitz Union just before 8 am after checking out of the hotel. Was greeted by Chuck Heater and had a chance to chat with Kenny Carter (RB coach) before I went inside the Grand Ballroom for the events to start. He had told me that Kestahn Moore was waived by the Broncos, but other teams were possibly interested in picking him up.

Coach Meyer was on limited time that day; I did get a picture taken with him and he spoke briefly in the beginning; Shelley was in Atlanta with the kids at a volleyball tournament and he would later join them. (I did wish him happy Father's Day, though!) He was around briefly in the afternoon, but then left to meet up with his family, and that's OK - they come first.

Charlie Strong was the emcee once again this year, and he had introduced the coaches. Later, Victoria Strong introduced the coaches' wives and opened up a Q&A session. Three of our players (Johnny Brantley, Lorenzo Edwards and Matt Patchan) later came on stage for Q&A - Edwards was talked into removing his shirt to the delight of the crowd, and a memorable line was spoken by Patchan: "Go to class, and they'll get off your ass" when responding to a question about the player's majors and academics. Chris Rainey decided to mosey in later; he also offered a "strip-tease" and answered some questions as well as posed for photos as the other three had done. The coaches also raised some spirit around the room and threw in a little smack talk - 95% directed toward the Rocky Toppers.

Offensive strategy was explained; Scot Loeffler (QB coach) and his fiancee demonstrated a QB snap, the defensive "Joker" lineups were drawn out and shown in execution, and there was also a special teams drill discussed.

Raffles were held throughout the morning program; as much as buying a ticket was tempting I decided to opt out of buying one, as I never seem to win those things anyway.

The afternoon session brought us into The Swamp for lunch and a tour of the facilities - the Heavener football complex, the football offices (we caught a glimpse of Coach Meyer in his office working), the weight room, and the locker room. We later went onto the field for drills; we took breaks at intervals with the heat that day. The program ended with a run out of the tunnel and final cheers; I also chatted once again with Coach Carter, Coach Addazio, and Terry Jackson (I let him know that in spite of all the bad press we still have a great bunch of kids, and that they're growing up.)

I got back to Orlando @6:00 or so, my muscles hurting like hell. In spite of that, it was a fun time - I'm now looking forward to possibly going up for 2-a-days on a weekend and my next R&R before the start of the season.

(One more thing I wanted to add: I'm still impressed with how personable our coaching staff is and how fan-friendly they are; Coach Meyer definitely has a top-notch staff in place, and both he and Shelley are awesome people - we couldn't ask for better folks to represent UF football as a "first family"!)

GO GATORS!!!!!!! :gator::gator::gator:

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Great write up!!! I'm so jealous, but so happy for you that you got to go!!!!
Hopefully next year my budget will allow me to go!!!

I am happy EVERY time I'm on campus, and love to meet & greet with our Gator folks! They are the best and we, alumni and fans, are the luckiest!!!

Go Gators!:bananajump:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema