• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

#12 Florida Gators vs. Arkansas Razorback Game Thread

GoGators15

Gator Fan
How did we look overall everyone? I didn't get to watch the game cause a) I was hunting and b) we don't get Raycom.
So- how did we play overall. I saw Arkansas running back ran well over 100 yards on just 20 carries and their QB seemed to pass efficiently for 200+ yards as well. Again, I'm not positive about these numbers. I'm glad we got the ball to Demps and Rainey more, I've been preaching that we get them the ball more since the Miami game. Also- I think I saw that Percy only had like 6 touches total? Good to see us win without relying on him.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
My take on the game

How did we look overall everyone? I didn't get to watch the game cause a) I was hunting and b) we don't get Raycom.
So- how did we play overall. I saw Arkansas running back ran well over 100 yards on just 20 carries and their QB seemed to pass efficiently for 200+ yards as well. Again, I'm not positive about these numbers. I'm glad we got the ball to Demps and Rainey more, I've been preaching that we get them the ball more since the Miami game. Also- I think I saw that Percy only had like 6 touches total? Good to see us win without relying on him.

I agree with Coach Meyer's comments after the game; in spite of the win we were SLOPPY. We racked up penalties in this game, especially in the 2nd half; two of these penalties put the whammy on good plays by the Gators (meaning the Ahmad Black INT and a Brandon James kick return). Tim Tebow got the job done but showed that he still needs improvement in some of the aspects of his game, primarily his judgment skills and ability to handle pressure a lot better.

On defense, there were too many missed tackles and missed sack opportunities; this is one area where our numbers for the season are too high and need to be cleaned up. We played Arkansas a little too soft, especially on the pass play, and coughed up too many yards by allowing their receivers to make wide-open plays and easy 3rd-down conversions.

We won against a weak team, but need to clean up our act in order to get ready for LSU this weekend.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
To add a little more to my observations of the game:

Kudos to our special teams for that blocked FG attempt on Arkansas - I think it was Ahmad Black(?) - and the execution of the fake punt by Brandon James; if there were a couple of additional bright spots besides Chris Rainey and Jon Demps with their breakaway TD's those two made the list.

Joe Haden deserves a game ball for his play on defense; good tackling and an interception to his credit hopefully earned him champions honors from Coach Meyer. However, Brandon Spikes and Major Wright need some sessions in the film room and on-field due to their lackluster play. Sure Dustin Doe's being out with an injury put a dent in our defense, but those two made too many mistakes for my comfort.

Tim Tebow did a nice job of spreading the ball around, but he needs improvement and I've already discussed the areas where he needs to do this. Good job by John Brantley; sure he came in late in the 4th to save the win but I liked what I saw out of him.

I want to see more HEART AND PASSION in this team; that can only come about with our kids displaying a sincere desire to win football games and going into every game with the right attitude - this is something the coaches can encourage but the kids need to do on their part. We have what it takes talent-wise and ability-wise to be a mirror image of our 2006 team, but we're playing more like last year's team. Everybody - Tim Tebow included - needs to NUT UP, toughen up and play the kind of football they're capable of. I'll take the win, but I want to see an improvement in effort and execution from these kids. if they want ot get to Atlanta, they need to earn it and play like champions.

Come on Gators, GET UP AND GO!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema