• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 2: #25 Florida Gators 16 - Kentucky Wildcats 27, 9/8/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Only a few big plays have kept the lead. Only a few more from what seems a tired and overmatched Gator D will save us.
UK back in front.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Dadgummit!
Kentucky 13 - Florida 10
1st Downs 15 11
3rd down efficiency 7-8 4-7
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Yards 314 156
Passing 63 105
Comp-Att 6-11 7-12
Yards per pass 5.7 8.8
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Rushing 251 51
Rushing Attempts 26 17
Yards per rush 9.7 3.0
Penalties 7-64 2-20
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 19:09 16:02

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
As I was afraid of: It is now up to Franks and th OFFENSE to win this game for us.
Think maybe we could have used Jefferson after all?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nothing any of us to do now but settle back, watch hope n pray.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am preparing myself emotionally for the loss. At least I am TRYING.
THEY HAVE ALREADY TORN US UP WITH THEIR RUNNING GAME.
And OUR offense hasn't used our own strong running game ourselves.

awebbf5

VIP Member
I am preparing myself emotionally for the loss. At least I am TRYING.
THEY HAVE ALREADY TORN US UP WITH THEIR RUNNING GAME.
And OUR offense hasn't used our own strong running game ourselves.

Lucky for you , you dont live in Kentucky. Believe me it will be far worse for me. I will never hear the end of it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know the streak has to.end sometime but mullens first year this would be awful
Agree--but not sure how much fault is his here: we are flat, and they were READY. I am uncertain still about everything that has led to that, and the difficulties and misses that have ensued.
We just look uneven, inconsistent, unsure.
Need a big play. Not over, or definitely "lost" yet.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...but the D MUST shut them down from here. And the offense needs to rise above what is looking more and more to "a return to self-destruction".
So far tonight, at least from here it looks very much as if we have traded away a good deal of our defensive strength and not yet added enough on offense to overcome that.
I can't STAND the idea of us losing this one here. But they seem to be getting stronger, while we show signs of fading.

Escambia94

In Mullen's defense, most of these players are not his. He also suspended of his defensive captains.

In offense of Mullen, he could consider swapping out QBs and RBs.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gonna shut up for a while, friends. At the moment, I'm afraid this one is getting away from us RIGHT NOW--and ONLY a big play from our D, one that results in a Gator SCORE, may be enough to change that.

Escambia94

Kentucky 20 - Florida 10
1st downs 18 13
3rd down efficiency 8-9 6-10
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Yards 397 186
Passing 147 128
Comp-Att 9-14 10-20
Yards per pass 10.5 6.4
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Rushing 250 58
Rushing Attempts 28 18
Yards per rush 8.9 3.2
Penalties 8-69 4-35
Turnovers 2 0
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 21:33 19:16

Escambia94

Well I got my Hope's up from the first game and we look just as bad as the last 8 years.

This surprised me. Yes, these are not Mullen's players, but this was sloppy. Maybe the injuries and suspensions hurt, but not this much.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry, guys. Worst case scenario.
What can you say? Been a long time since our D was burned that way, on the grohnd AND in the air.
Well, I think we'll gl to their place and return the favor NEXT year.
This team wasn't gonna do too much damage in the tougher SEC games tocome anyway, it seems.
But it would take a collapse bigger than last year's by them for us to come back now--and neither our O or D look up to what is required, in ANY event.
Eorst of all, we have abandoned our game plan. Become mostly one-dimensional.
Gotta get a TD before the end of the 3rd--but even then, can our D even stop them after that? The offense would have to pick up dramatically, and the D be MUCH better than it has shown all night, to even BE in a position to win at the end. O line hasn't made holes, Jordon hasn't had enough runs, and now it's 4th down deep.Missed fg. That'll do it (though that looked good, it is unreviewable--we got hosed... But this is exa tly the kind of way you GET beaten to end a winning streak).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema