• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 2: #25 Florida Gators 16 - Kentucky Wildcats 27, 9/8/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice scheme here--and Franks looks sharp again tonight so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Don't wanna say too much too soon--but long as we stay calm, hold onto ball, this is EXACTLY what I hoped we'd see early if we got the ball first.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damn. We didn't keep up with what was working...Aw shit: Fillipe banged up, hit hard by unblocked Wildcat. And then we miss momentary opportunity to catch 'em off guard in 4th down.
Shoulda had an easy TD on that 3rd down pass play if guy'd been BLOCKED. And where this'd now be a "take the 3" situation with Peneiro, who knows now? And now Fillipe going off field with potential injury. We punt--and THIS is exactly how we could lose this game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NOW our cornerback, Wilson, our best cover guy, is hurt. Knee. Oh oh. Things starting to go off the rails now. They might throw at his replacement here (though they prob can make 1st running Snell).
Friends, I do not like how this has turned...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys, even with the holding, they have us right now--either we get a full on shut down or takeaway here, or we are behind and in trouble....

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Kentucky - Florida

1st Downs 4 3
3rd down efficiency 2-2 2-3
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0
Total Yards 101 41
Passing 38 22
Comp-Att 2-3 2-5
Yards per pass 12.7 4.4
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Rushing 63 19
Rushing Attempts 6 6
Yards per rush 10.5 3.2
Penalties 1-10 0-0
Turnovers 0 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 0 0
Possession 4:33 5:20

Kentucky's offense is rolling through the Florida defense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The Gators are again having problems with a mobile QB.
Yes...and their confidence is growing by leaps and bounds--you can see it, FEEL it...
Can we WIN a shoot-out with these guys? Might be the only way. We look shook, unsteady. Defense on its heels on that UK drive.
I gotta tell y'all: This is already turning inti my bssic "worst case scenario".
GOTTA get this tied up, and look consistent doing it. Still kinda choppy on offense though so far.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So far Kentucky looks like the steadier, readier team on BOTH sides of the ball.
Ok, big pass to Scarlett. Franks patient, accurate. Gotta get back IN this one. Not writing our D off yet--but this time it is the offense that has to answer, assert.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is eating me UP: Was already nervous coming in, as I warned (PI call in endzone? No, called holding...). Now behind, I am tense and worried. Damn! They robbed us of a TD with a stupid "replay call"!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I HATE that! You don't wait til the next play is under way! And it was unnecessary (or it wouldn't take this long to spot the ball--which is what it's for!). Well, every little THING is going against us now.
Think they PASS it here now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema