• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 2: #25 Florida Gators 16 - Kentucky Wildcats 27, 9/8/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am an idiot. What was I thinking.
Don't be so hard on yourself, E-. I shouldn't be as sad, frustrated, surprised or disappointed as I am. I had my own hopes that we would be better, WERE better, and woukd make this season more interesting than it apparently will be.
EVERYONE reverted to their "bad ol'habits" and "worst selves" tonight. Guess Mullens couldn't stop THAT from happening.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am trying to be supportive of Franks, but Mullen needs to let Trask take a turn at QB.

Escambia94

Kentucky 20 - Florida 16
1st Downs 19 23
3rd down efficiency 8-11 7-13
4th down efficiency 0-0 1-1
Total Yards 429 336
Passing 151 213
Comp-Att 11-16 16-36
Yards per pass 9.4 5.9
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 278 123
Rushing Attempts 36 28
Yards per rush 7.7 4.4
Penalties 12-114 5-50
Turnovers 2 1
Fumbles lost 1 0
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Possession 28:10 28:21

Escambia94

Final: Kentucky 27 - Florida 16
Plays 57 67
Yards per play 8.0 5.2
Rushing plays 41 29
Passing plays 16 38
1st Downs 20 24
3rd down efficiency 9-13 7-13
4th down efficiency 0-0 1-1
Total Yards 454 360
Passing 151 232
Comp-Att 11-16 17-38
Yards per pass 9.4 6.1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Rushing 303 128
Rushing Attempts 41 29
Yards per rush 7.4 4.4
Penalties 12-114 6-55
Turnovers 2 2
Fumbles lost 1 1
Interceptions thrown 1 1
Possession 31:10 28:50

Well then. No words.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
What a fitting ending...When it was LOOKING like the only reason we weren't in position to drive to win with a long fg (still figure we were robbed on that no-good call), then we fritter away too much time before AND after we finally got the late TD, were on our way to blowing any chance at the Hail Mary ANYWAY (but we ALL wanted to see Franks with a shot at another, however unlikely--especially on THIS night: Franks was OFF from the start, didn't have the poise OR accuracy we saw last week), and then that weird fumble/push pass that was live--no whistle, and did you notice that the Gator defender locked up with the kid UK kid with the ball ALMOST took it away from him with no resistance? I believe that if Stoops hadn't kept screaming for him to run with it, the Gator woulda taken it away--and may even have started running the other way with it! Can you imagine THAT ending?
Look, we were outprepared, outplayed and finally out-"luckied" tonight (I knew we were done with that no-fg call)...Final score LOOKS bad, in a game we "woulda shoulda coulda" won... But as I said, this is exactly how streaks that NEEDED weird luck to sustain ultimately end--and we WILL now begin ANOTHER streak against this team. There'll be no "strage magic" to screw us up next few seasons when EVERY GAME MORE AND MORE COUNTS FOR SO MUCH, as we return to the SEC elite.
It is CLEAR by all we saw tonight that THIS version of the Florida Gators wasn't gonna regularly rise up to beat the elite teams of the SEC. We MAY, if we steadily improve, find more consistency across-the-board, manage to keep things close much of the way, may even actually put a whole effort together and beat ONE of the likes of MSU (though we play THEM too soon to expect that) or Georgia (even less likely, at the moment--but we don't PLAY them til later, either)...Fortunately for us the Tide aren't scheduled--and it isn't likely we'll have any occasion to play them this season in any event. We MIGHT beat Tennessee next week, may even be able to take out our frustration and disappointment over THIS week out on them, but after that most possible wins will require that "steady growth and improvement" we always were in need of coming INTO the season.
But there are still missing pieces, darkness lingering in the lockeroom, hanging over and still affecting our program, people and issues that need to be fixed, cleaned, replaced.
No denying it now: This is, always was and remains "a transition year" for us, for Mullens and his staff AND the people who'll be a part of what we are becoming, what we are "about to BE"--the individuals who will ne a PART of that, and all of US who watch and love this team and program.
For now, it will have to be enough to watch us move TOWARDS all that, to be a part of the POSITIVE STEPS we'll take this year and after to GET there, become deeper in character and talent across-the-board. We WEREN'T wrong about that...only where we were and ARE in that process.
We do "have the right guy" at Head Coach now, he's definitely on the right track and has US headed there now too. To limit the pain along that path-of-imperfection we will just have to relax somewhat, find patience and pleasure in the small steps and smaller VICTORIES along the way ahead--be realistic and ultimately find pleasure in all the signs that we ARE growing, getting it right, moving up and INTO the eventual role of "Dominant Program", as others now are and we have been before. There's work to be done--and for now, being there to see, follow and FEEL it will have to be enough.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Will Jalen Hurts be available after this season? Also, I was hoping for another Franks Hail Mary but would be have been accurate? Pretty sure Santa Claus would have more accurate.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rough Game and sorry @awebbf5 also the kick was in.
Damn straight. Glad you repeated it; woulda changed that whole endgame sequence, given us a chance...But as is usually the case with this kind of loss (especially a "streak-ender"), it took a whole BUNCH of "weird twists" and "unusual scenarios" to bring us to the precipice, and we had plenty of other chances to avoid it entirely. Off night all around, on both O AND D, to start with, and never really tightened up. In the end, enough weirdness and bizarre failure that we'll just have to LET IT ALL GO!
WHATTA Y'ALL FIGURE? Bout an 8-, 9- win season now still doable? I mean, not exactly "likely" from here, but maybe still can be accomplished, and would certainly be ultimately satsfying, I think. (I was SO excited to be back into college football with our new Coach, attitude and look on offense, that even after tonight's debacle and eventual multi-layerd meltdown I actually expect I'll bounce back pretty quick... Both the circumstances and the ultimate outcomes were just wrong/crazy/ wack enough for me to have a thick crust of protection growing over and around it all, BETWEEN me and IT. We'll talk of it soon... Maybe as early as Sunday! (For now, think I'll leave that to y'all to decide, start , and define its reasons and parameters)

Escambia94

Well. 120 days until we hoist that CFP national championship trophy as a 13-1 team! Just kidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema