• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday (11/07/14): Vandy

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Bench Treon Harris. His passer rating went down from 1095 against Eastern Kentucky to 195 today. (Note that he is 7/8 for 113 yards.)
That is a joke. Sarcasm. All three of you can go back to your normal routines of yelling at Will Muschamp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's all just remember this when the BS comes pouring out post-game: We aren't necessarily "BETTER" than Vandy, not today--just held onto the ball a little better. And it ain't over yet: Still plenty of time for this plodding offense to screw up, a KO-returner to muff it, etc. 17 straight points--and I'm not comforted by our play...are y'all?

Escambia94

Let's all just remember this when the BS comes pouring out post-game: We aren't necessarily "BETTER" than Vandy, not today--just held onto the ball a little better. And it ain't over yet: Still plenty of time for this plodding offense to screw up, a KO-returner to muff it, etc. 17 straight points--and I'm not comforted by our play...are y'all?

I. Am. Please give Muschamp a 20-year extension and a raise.

Escambia94

VH3 drops a sure interception. This was supposed to be our best player. Muschamp is a wonderful recruiter and developer of talent. Please give Muschamp a raise.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
VH3 drops a sure interception. This was supposed to be our best player. Muschamp is a wonderful recruiter and developer of talent. Please give Muschamp a raise.
(laughing) Ok, OK. Maybe this IS the way to go--just let the smirking irony and sarcasm FLY!!! Feels good.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BOTH teams are SO well-coached, disciplined. The sharp display of talent and execution is a credit to them both.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
At this point, I HAVE no suggestion that is likely to produce any better result than the "run-out-the-clock" strategy Roper has already gone to (I THINK it's on purpose, anyway...Who knows? Who CARES???). I'm sure Muschamp approves.
(Did I say "pea-sized balls"? Try MICROSCOPIC!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Pretty sure that 2nd long pass was on Treon's 2nd audible, to end the half. If not, that was about the only time this duo are gonna call it anyway.
Only positive note here: We DO have a good defense. In fact, a potentially GREAT one, if they didn't have to carry the team more than 2/3 plus of any game against a GOOD opponent. Not that that's "News"--but it's the only positive note, no matter how obvious.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whole thing kinda reminds me of a baseball game--between two KNUCKLE-ballers, the outcome destined to be decided by who throws fewer walks and wild-pitches. A Classic.

Escambia94

Coach Muschamp is playing possum with the Commodores. Watch the Gators go crazy on Vanderbilt and win this thing 66-7.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...AND we're back...
NOW they're letting Treon throw a bit--and watta-ya-know? It WORKS! Um, it's call "strategy and tactics", Coach. You can read about it in works by Sen Su and Von Clausowitz.
Aw SHIT...we lose ANOTHER O-lineman--and like we're so talented and deep there to start with...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like he got the wind knocked out of him. Well, the clock's the one thing they've been consistently stopping here, ha ha.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Coach Muschamp is playing possum with the Commodores. Watch the Gators go crazy on Vanderbilt and win this thing 66-7.
This offense would have trouble scoring 66 if the Vandy D left the field entirely.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and their offense would find a way to give it back to us if WE weren't out there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still say we've been "running out the clock" since half-way thru the 2nd quarter. Just sad, really.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Saddest part is that it's probably the right move, really, from a pure "best chance of not losing here" POV.
Hard to root for this Gator incarnation--certainly hard to watch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema