• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday (11/07/14): Vandy

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Okay, I got that out of the system. Come on, Gators, get up and go...and stop using Driskel as a running back.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
NICE pass, nice catch--and on an audible.
I'm telling you, this is just more lameness from a lame duck...Trying just to "win" somehow, keep it on the ground and "get out with the win" when this SHOULD be an opportunity for Treon's development in the PASSING game. (This goal line "strategy" on offense is sorta symbolic of the whole thing--and THEY BRING IN JEFF DRISKEL TO DO THE STUPIDLY OBVIOUS--WHICH FAILS. Of Course. Then they call the dumbest play possible on a 4th down gamble.
I mean, give Muschamp AND Roper an F for basic Football Offense 101: "Never do the obvious on 4th and goal"!
Even if we get it back here on this fumble, doesn't matter--this was luck that saves them--they're still idiots, in my book.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did you see that DT Leon Orr was sent home only an hour before the game for arguing with the coaches over the starting lineup? My guess is that this is a sign of a troubled team that could only rally against Muschamp when his job was publicly on the line.
Hadn't heard that, not the specific incident today. But I HAVE heard there was fragmenting and breakdown-in-trust and mutual support among individuals, the different units, and between coaches and team in a number of incidents like this one already.

Escambia94

Hadn't heard that, not the specific incident today. But I HAVE heard there was fragmenting and breakdown-in-trust and mutual support among individuals, the different units, and between coaches and team in a number of incidents like this one already.

I had not heard this. All seems quiet in the Twitterverse.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Once again our O line sucks the big one.
...and they're about to either have to finally "play it safe and take the 3 points" on the what, 7th or 8th try inside the ten, 4th inside the ONE? We really do suck. Here we go again:
Btw, shoulda had Treon throw it to the endzone LAST time we had it here...and what's that pass-to-the-one about?
SO: Driskel again...Finally makes it--if so, BARELY. WTF is with this "bring in JD inside the one"???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I had not heard this. All seems quiet in the Twitterverse.
Just what I've been told "off the record"--only gets out there when there's actual discipline, I guess, at least so far. You think they'd have sent him home if there WASN'T some concern that a certain unhappiness, surliness and disaffection may be growing among players? Usual Muschamp snap back, bear-down reaction to ANYTHING that smacks of violating his "my way or the highway" vibe that by now totally permeates this team. To the point they play like they're afraid they might be the one to f-up and get screamed at. Or worse.
ANOTHER Vandy turnover deep in their own end. It may LOOK like we "killed 'em" on the scoreboard" at the end, but in truth this has been another grinding, hard-to-watch debacle, the turnovers really the only difference between them so far. We are that bad.
I don't think I'll be rushing home to see this better, etc after all. Don't know how much I can watch of this even as a victory.

Escambia94

Fine. Use Driskel as a running back, but you still need to get a better push from the offensive line. Vanderbilt's DL is bullying Florida around. Any other referee crew might not have called that a TD.

Escambia94

Or maybe Gainesville is under a curse and everybody is going to suck until FSU gets another national championship.

Or maybe I will keep replying to my own posts, because nobody visits this site...and that is also Will Muschamp's fault!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gee--we don't get handed it inside the 10 a coupla times, we don't get there at ALL. Just LOVE this Roper offense. Run it where they all ARE, then move it backwards on the hold. Yeah, a real coupla MASTERMINDS we got over there on the sidelines.

Escambia94

Bench Treon Harris. His passer rating went down from 1095 against Eastern Kentucky to 195 today. (Note that he is 7/8 for 113 yards.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema