• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: LSU At The Swamp (7:30 pm--10/11/14)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Maybe they found the key. Don't let JD throw the ball.
Well, yes. that IS the "Muschamp strategy" in a nutshell...He'd LOVE a "hat-on-hat, our guys run at your guys and vice versa" sorta game. Just that no one else PLAYS that way any more--unless it's the only way they think they can beat US, sh*t-head! Idea is to DICTATE OUR GAME TO THEM, not "play into their hands".

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This particular LSU team is another one that doesn't have as much talent as we do--but even that grass-eatin' fool on their sidelines can out-coacxh our guy. You watch. We're gonna find multiple ways to keep them in this one--with eventual disastrous results.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I know it's like a broken record already, but imagine what we MIGHT have been, what this SEASON could have been, had Roper been turned loose, Treon Harris in at QB solid full-time, and just now starting to hit his stride, with this defense not on the field 4/5 of the game as things go now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They can talk all they want about "building Jeff Driskel's confidence" (as POWELL makes a good catch downfield...maybe the true freshman can show how it's done), but big-picture, he has a LONG way to go there--a whole SEASON'S worth of "new habits"...I just don't see him being anything than what he's already since PROVED he is, a mediocre thrower. Might make it as a receiver in the NFL, with some work--but if he's NFL-QB material, then the NFL is more far-gone than even I think it is.
Meanwhile, this offense is looking more "Roper-like" this week, have ytou noticed? More long, gambling throws. Diskel still doesn't throw them well, but he's been fairly lucky so far, hasn't OVER-thrown anything--and even though he can't finish the job here, we DO get 3 points (again--Muschamp's idea of "victory"--remember that big celebration to make it 10-9 LAST week? Kinda embarrassing in its over-the-top silliness).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, without us GIVING 'em a TD, we might have been pushing them to the wall early...but we DO have a LEAD, a "2-score lead", no less. GOTTA score TDs, tho, Coach. You're gonna learn. Not wirth us. Maybe at "North Texas ore some such directional University, but oh well, "Peter-Principle" and all that (That goes, "Everything rises to its own level of imperfection", or something like that--cynical "read" on career-advancement).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Did you see it? We had trouble with personnel and on-field organization there--gave 'em a free play. And its a long play! I'm telling you--Yeah, we've got a good D, but the COACHING lets 'em down there TOO!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who got hurt there tackling? Hargreaves? We are sunk, now. How long's he out for? Long enough to get the TD?
Yep--word is he's goin' to the locker room. This will cost us--here, and for the rest of the game...as long as he's out. It's the play of a few really good ones that have kept us in the games we've (barely) won.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, 4th and goal...What do they do? Les Miles, I think he goes here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If I were him, with Gators on their heels, slightly disorganized, Hargreaves out and you're on the road--You STILL go, even after the T.O. What am I doing? Am I really that far gone, I'm lookin' at this OBJECTIVELY???!!!
I'm really still bummin' re Hargreaves. He's gone to the locker room, if he's back it won't be til the 2nd half, and they are starting to wear down our front...Too easy. That will turn out to be the game's turning point, you watch. Unless we start throwing the ball , throwing it WELL and scoring TDs, they are going to run the ball down our throats and take control of this game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
But we all know what Muschamp's gonna do, what he'll say about it too:
"It's a close one, we just need to shore some things up, control the line of scrimmage and get outta here with the win".

This fool has and WILL never learn that you can't just WISH things go like you think they oughtta go--and somehow figure that if it doesn't work, then it was your PLAYERS who let YOU down. Really start to dislike the man for that.
(Meanwhile, Driskel tries the long ball. Anyone else just ASSUME the incompletion whenever he rears back and chucks it this way? I mean, any other team, not just Gators but watching ANY other big time college team, you hold-your-breath on those plays while the ball's in the air...Not when Driskel's back there.)
I feel like this game's already "lost"...All that remains are the "actual details". I'm serious: I'm essentially just waiting around for the "particulars" now. We've already "shot our wad"...The actual play-by-play offense is "same as usual"--and JD gets picked off on a TERRIBLE throw--he had the match-up, the guy had a step and a half, but he UNDERthrows it this time--the only way it gets intercepted, btw.
Our defense is already tired, its best player is gone...We are DONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SHOULD have been "intentional grounding"...But meanwhile, How many of these "Two bad teams stink up the joint"/"team that makes fewer bad screw-ups wins" games are we gonna have to suffer thru this year? Pathetic.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of COURSE they will "run out the clock"--'cause in a 3-point game with JD stinkin' it up again, all Muschamp see is "we got a 3 point lead at home, all we gotta do is hold the lead and (here it comes again) get outta here with the win..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's face one of MANY "bottom lines" here:
The ONLY times we've seen a long pass thrown and CAUGHT by our Gators for literally SERVERAL YEARS has been when TREON HARRIS was in there and throwing it. I am completely sick of hearing about how he runs, how he is "accurate short and medium", and how he "has to make better decisions, but it isn't all his fault...".
Jeff Driskel is a serviceable BACKUP QB at this level, kinda kid you demote LONG before now and bring in ONLY to mop up or in case of injury to your STARTER--who SO OBVIOUSLY should be (if not for Muschamp blindness, cowardly and/or dithering Will Muschamp, by now experienced) Treon Harris, it is just one more piece of evidence as to his failure and inability at this level, in this job. He'll catch on as a DC somewhere fairly big (or a HEAD Coach somewhere desperate AND quite a bit further down the pecking-order, IF they can afford to outbid a larger school that'll pay him pretty good DC money--that's how this game is played now, the"hiring" game, that is), but the important thing as far as WE'RE concerned is, HE'LL BE GONE!!!
I'm for firing him mid-season now and letting Roper have a crack at things--no matter what their long term ideas are. Ya don't lie to Kurt, you tell him of your long-range efforts, but you give him the chance, if he wants it, understanding that neither wild success nor continued slide will change anything: If "the next guy" wants him he'll stay, if not, well, that;ll be that--but he gets a SHOT at controlling his own destiny. Even if it doesn't earn him a permanent job, it might well be his big time audition for his NEXT job elsewhere. Little to lose, lots to gain--for him AND us.
And we're rid of Muschamp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema