• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day: LSU At The Swamp (7:30 pm--10/11/14)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. Yeah, I'm here...and I'm putting this up, early even. Don't know how "plugged in" I'll be tonight (THINK I might be hangin' with that Girl-Party/OSU Watch-Club again--THAT was fun, with nothing at stake for me), but I WILL watch, at least the start. Just don't know that I'll be there with y'all, every step of the way and all that.
Heard early this morn (I mean EARLY, like when I checked my email on the way to the can with my standard Sat.-morn dry-mouth/gotta-pee/what-did-I-do-last-night-anyway?) what y'all have no doubt heard as well, that Treon's been "reinstated", woman having "withdrawn" her charges--he's officially "a Gator QB" again, but of course (as I warned) won't be, "can't be" the starter 'cause he "hasn't even practiced with the team the past week" (and again, along with the fact that he doesn't even get cleared to return-to-class until Monday, my question is, "Whose fault is THAT???").
So far as I can see, that means ANOTHER stupid week of "one more chance for JD to prove himself" (Folks: He's already "proved himself"--to be a mediocre-at-BEST college QB) in Muschamp's idea of "ball-control" (read "pre-stoneage") football on offense. We don't KNOW what Roper might be able to get done with what talent is already here--and we won't know, not as long as Muschamp is in charge. I keep thinking "Well, he's gotta know he has nothing to lose but to turn it loose", and keep being wrong, apparently. Will Muschamp may be the thickest-headed, most stubborn SOB I've even seen head-coaching a major college program--and it had to be ours? Point is, no surprise anymore here: No flexibility in the man, no flexibility in his team, the way it plays or the way it approaches pre- OR in-game preparations and adjustments. Any HALF-decent coach oughtta be able to out-think, out-adjust and out-COACH him, beat us in the 2nd half. We needed every BIT of our "superior talent" just to win the two SEC close ones so far. You all saw it just like me. Hard to have much enthusiasm going up against teams just as talented as us--like today. Only "edge" we got is it's in the Swamp. Only "interesting prospect" is, "Will Treon get to come in at some point?"
Meanwhile, have y'all watched some of the other football being played today? Man, this was an "Opportunity Year"--we COULDDA had a shot at eventual "1st seeding" just by holding-our-own and beating a VERY beatable FSU squad at the end of the regular season. As it is, MY "best hope" now is that some "interim coach" (maybe Roper himself?) MIGHT get a chance at "saving something" of the season and/or "starting something new?" in that game. Until then, well, I'm a Gator, through and through and forever, so I will watch, and hurt, and shake my head, all maybe "alone-in-a-crowd" this time with little to say until it's (mercifully?) over--but still with them, with all of you, in spirit and yes, even "hope", as long as I possibly can take it--and then a little longer.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So treon will be able to dress and play if the coaches decide he needs to right?
Far as I know, YES...
...However, as usual with anything Gator nowadays, it's a "Yes, BUT..."--in this case, that being "Yes, BUT he isn't ready, hasn't practiced with the team, or by extension, the first team OFFENSE this week...We couldn't know when or how this would play out, either, so he wasn't at all a part of our plans for this week's game..." Which is exactly the problem for a whole LOT of reasons, both tactical and ethical, Coach.
I'm hoping that, pending another Driskel can't-get-it-done day, eventually we'll get to see some Treon Harris wingin' it excitement ANYWAY...but you know what? By now I know enough from what I've seen with my own eyes, let alone what I've HEARD/"learned" from reading and actually talking to people on-the-scene, to know that ANYTHING that happens that falls into the category of "exciting Gator offense" will be courtesy of the people on the field, their skill and will to do something on-their-OWN, virtually IN SPITE OF Will Muschamp and the constraints he's put on that offense. That, and and the team-wide tightness-to-the-point-of-inability that his idea of "coaching" has made sure has completely saturated this team, is exactly what is beating them, beating themselves, now--and why our offense in particular has been so consistently hard-to-watch, worse and worse so since he arrived here, as it has taken hold and pervaded every part of what goes on every day: Of COURSE the product on the field is so frustratingly stunted.
I am fully converted now: From Muschamp-supporter to full-on detractor. I now think he's the source of and constant guarantor of under-achievement and mediocre play, and that his "solutions" always inevitably mean blaming everyone else and "more of the same". I apologize to all those who saw this early: I was wrong ("wrong--with an explanation", but who cares about that? I. Was. Wrong.). NOW we gotta get him GONE, ASAP. Every game, every week of "M.O. S." digs us that much deeper, gives the next guy more to do and less time to do it (or worse: means MORE time for HIM to UNdo everything that is ongoing now).

miltongator

Gator Fan
Like I said, we could be lookin' at almost a decade of mediocrity. Hell, I'm already old. Don't know if I'll live long enough to see us on top again. By then, senility will have taken firm root (more so than it already has), but perhaps those in charge at the "home" will let me watch the Gators.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like I said, we could be lookin' at almost a decade of mediocrity. Hell, I'm already old. Don't know if I'll live long enough to see us on top again. By then, senility will have taken firm root (more so than it already has), but perhaps those in charge at the "home" will let me watch the Gators.
Thanx for a good laugh, mg--even if it IS rooted somewhat in "reality" (only you know for sure), a cynical, DARK reality-kind-of-humor, but I'm there with you, all the way.
You and aweb were among the first to sound the alarm here, btw--I know I'm a bit late coming to the "bummer partY", but as I've said elsewhere, I get it now: The things I thought were "strengths" in this Coach turn out to be weaknesses, actually big PROBLEMS with enormous teamwide effects and repercussions, all taking deep hold now. That's exactly why it WILL probably take extra time getting things turned around here now for the next guy: There's a whole mindset, even deep emotional state pervading this team that makes them TIGHT, in everything they do. That's a full on performance-killer. How does a coach like Muschamp GET this far without knowing that? Its one thing not to dig "imperfection", but at a certain point, you gotta at least LIKE the kids you're coaching, want what's best for them as PEOPLE, want them to grow and find the best in THEMSELVES--NOT berate and punish them constantly for not "getting it exactly right" as you see it. Above all, "fun" canNOT be taken out of it all, be seen as some betrayal of your standards. If nothing else, ya gotta know it's counterproductive--won't get you the kind of execution and/or success you are looking for. So he fails, and WE'RE stuck with the long-term problems-that-need-fixing.
With Meyer, that amounted to a (relatively) "bare cupboard", widespread undiscipline and a bit of a "bad rep"...These were problems that COULD be solved in 2 or 3 seasons, all at the same time.
But THIS: I mean, it's a tangled mess. Gotta somehow keep what we got (much as we can, anyhow), get some MORE in the face of an obvious-to-everyone (at best) team-in-disarray-and-decline, turn AROUND that "disarray and decline" AND meanwhile somehow change the whole PSYCHE of the WHOLE TEAM--that last being the most difficult, elusive part of all, and one upon which your success at all the others depends. Talk about "need to get The Right GUY"!!!

miltongator

Gator Fan
Thanx for a good laugh, mg--even if it IS rooted somewhat in "reality" (only you know for sure), a cynical, DARK reality-kind-of-humor, but I'm there with you, all the way.
You and aweb were among the first to sound the alarm here, btw--I know I'm a bit late coming to the "bummer partY", but as I've said elsewhere, I get it now: The things I thought were "strengths" in this Coach turn out to be weaknesses, actually big PROBLEMS with enormous teamwide effects and repercussions, all taking deep hold now. That's exactly why it WILL probably take extra time getting things turned around here now for the next guy: There's a whole mindset, even deep emotional state pervading this team that makes them TIGHT, in everything they do. That's a full on performance-killer. How does a coach like Muschamp GET this far without knowing that? Its one thing not to dig "imperfection", but at a certain point, you gotta at least LIKE the kids you're coaching, want what's best for them as PEOPLE, want them to grow and find the best in THEMSELVES--NOT berate and punish them constantly for not "getting it exactly right" as you see it. Above all, "fun" canNOT be taken out of it all, be seen as some betrayal of your standards. If nothing else, ya gotta know it's counterproductive--won't get you the kind of execution and/or success you are looking for. So he fails, and WE'RE stuck with the long-term problems-that-need-fixing.
With Meyer, that amounted to a (relatively) "bare cupboard", widespread undiscipline and a bit of a "bad rep"...These were problems that COULD be solved in 2 or 3 seasons, all at the same time.
But THIS: I mean, it's a tangled mess. Gotta somehow keep what we got (much as we can, anyhow), get some MORE in the face of an obvious-to-everyone (at best) team-in-disarray-and-decline, turn AROUND that "disarray and decline" AND meanwhile somehow change the whole PSYCHE of the WHOLE TEAM--that last being the most difficult, elusive part of all, and one upon which your success at all the others depends. Talk about "need to get The Right GUY"!!!

Once again, my response to your diatribe has my usual amount of verbosity. AMEN!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
On another note, anyone else here find their whole taste for college football "depressed" somehow? I'm just not into it the way I'd normally be this time-of-year, following the games and interested in both various teams play and the final results. Now, it's on, but I just don't care all that much. For me, it's like it used to be in color, and now it's all in black-and-white. The Gators are STILL 3-and-1, 2-and-1 in the SEC in a year where that on-paper puts us "in the thick of things", but we all know that's an illusion, not worth a sheet of that "paper" it's on, "don't mean SH*T!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We need a leader that the team can look up to and respond to. WM is NOT that guy.

Once again, my response to your diatribe has my usual amount of verbosity. AMEN!
(Sorry, had to deal with some things here, get showered, get OUT of here...)
Well, I stay "true to form", right? Give me that...Sorry if I go on, but I DO try to get out, get it OUT there, evry side and nuance of what I see and what we're discussing.
Also, ya gotta know I TOTALLY agree with the "WM is NOT that guy"-sentiment.
Not sure who "that guy" is, but I'll start getting some names out there that "we" (the people who matter) ARE apparently considering, even "making overtures towards", as soon as I can either "get the go ahead", or at least find some other confirmation on...Don't wanna "burn" my best (and in many cases ONLY) source for REAL "insider-word" on this and other Gator-info.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I feel your pain. I have become a Miss. State fan of late. They're takin' it to Auburn right now. I hate Auburn. We went on "The bus trip from hell" one time. It was a charter from Pensacola to Auburn for the Gator game. Emmitt and the Gators lost that day. While waiting for the bus to pick us up after the game, the Auburn fans in the stadium were spitting on us Gators down below. We finally loaded up on the bus but it had a malfunction and it couldn't make it up a small hill outside the stadium. So, we'd get almost to the top of the hill and then roll back to the stadium. Meanwhile the Auburn fans were hoopin and hollerin and rocking the bus back and forth. This happened about 3 times before we finally made it over the hill. Then half way home the bus catches fire. So, we pull off at beautiful downtown Greenville, Al which by now has rolled up the sidewalks and gone nite-nite. We ended up sitting on the curb for the night with our coolers full of liquid libation (thank God) before a replacement bus finally made it to us and took us home.
Nope, I'll never go to an Auburn game again.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like MSU is bout to "expose" Auburn--as I was sure they'd BE exposed sooner or later. They're good, but when you don't play consistent, SEC-level D, this will happen...But MSU? About to be in the talk for "Number 1 in the nation"? Again: Whatta year to not be any good at ALL! The Gator team I THOUGHT we might be coulda had a HELLUVA "come-back year". But to hell with that kinda whining...WE're NOT that team, not that GOOD, even.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I feel your pain. I have become a Miss. State fan of late. They're takin' it to Auburn right now. I hate Auburn. We went on "The bus trip from hell" one time. It was a charter from Pensacola to Auburn for the Gator game. Emmitt and the Gators lost that day. While waiting for the bus to pick us up after the game, the Auburn fans in the stadium were spitting on us Gators down below. We finally loaded up on the bus but it had a malfunction and it couldn't make it up a small hill outside the stadium. So, we'd get almost to the top of the hill and then roll back to the stadium. Meanwhile the Auburn fans were hoopin and hollerin and rocking the bus back and forth. This happened about 3 times before we finally made it over the hill. Then half way home the bus catches fire. So, we pull off at beautiful downtown Greenville, Al which by now has rolled up the sidewalks and gone nite-nite. We ended up sitting on the curb for the night with our coolers full of liquid libation (thank God) before a replacement bus finally made it to us and took us home.
Nope, I'll never go to an Auburn game again.
I feel YOUR pain, man...Get me to tell ya about the last Gator away game at the 'Canes in Miami. at the old Orange Bowl. Four of us had top fight our way into and out of the stadium. My old ("Smokey and the Bandit"-style) Firebird with the single "Gators" front-license plate had meanwhile been "chained", doors bent in and windshield smashed, when we finally made it back to the paid-parking far from the O.B. Got little help from smirking cops, and had to sue the lot big time and weather months of harassing anonymous phone-called threats for months before getting SOME recompense. And I've left out the various absurd-to-terrifying incidents along the way.
Never mind...Game's on.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
"Nice start", here. Can't help but be into it somewhat--but pesssimistic as to outcome,,,Even MORE to whatever it "means", for season. Still, 1st and DROPPED. Dunbar again. F*ck this team's passing game. Driskel can't throw long, the WRs can't catch short'n'easy. Muschamp must LOVE it--"SEE? We GOTTA run..."

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
ANOTHER stalled drive--This offense are the KINGS of "woulda shoulda coulda--doink!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: How long do we stay in this one?
3rd qrtr? Early 4th before over-worked defense finally fades?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry...This is my fatalistic approach to watching Gator football now. Want me to shut up or split, I'll understand...
Flag late, after play over--they call it on LSU, but our guys HAVE tpo be cool. Wouldn't really blame 'em for "taking it out" on some Tigers, tho'...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How bout an INT? Good place for it, them in "3rd-and long" now...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Too good a rush for 'em even to have TIME tro throw it. "Next guy" gets a good D, when he gets here...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema