• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day (11/29/14): At Doak Cambell

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry, mg. I think we're the only ones here--and I can't watch this--we were getting it done on D (I was thinking at the time of the tINT, , our 3rd, that he needed to get in, NOT leave it in the hands of that. Then this happens. I will have to bow out here, man. We had a good chance, hadn't done all we COULD with it, but were ABOUT to get a lead we could work with, maybe put it away early for our D, then THAT. I will go away fro a while, maybe come back for the 2nd half if we gather ourselves and actually make a game of it on OFFENSE, too. One thing tho: I don't wanna ever see that Westbrook kid on our field again. That is two big self-made, turning-point failures by him. Don't want him, don't need him, he's a one-man symbol of the LOSER'S Mentality that threatens sometimes to mark this whole team during the last 5 years, in danger of becoming pervasive this past season.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amen and hears comes our usual meltdown!!!
Like I said in my intro, aweb--there was always the chance of this--but worst thing is the way we HAD this, D and Treon playing well, but Roper, Westbrook, and the weird ways the failures of this whole coaching staff, in so many ways large and small find to NOT take advantage of success, at least not the way they should have, manages to find a way to let the other team back in it. Worse than that--WE don't look like the same team anymore here. Hope to talk to you all again in the 2nds half--that'll mean we have a lead and have regained the momentom we had--but I foresee us losing the lead soon, and just wearing down from there--that fire they had is gone, Treon (playing practically alone on offense) and the whole D "knifed in the back" by Westbrook after being set-up for it by Roper's usual "No Balls" offense. The D will do its best, but it'll get tired eventually in the 2nd half, thanks to getting NOTHING from the offense. Again: NOT Treon's fault--he SHOULD have had a TD-throw on that pick-six. Here comes their first "real" TD--and the lead. Will NOT stay around for it. If my phone shopws me a Gator lead in the 2nd half, I'll be back. Sorry, but I'm outta here BEFORE that gets started here, "chant" and all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Changed channels--over to AHC and the "WWII In Color"--I'd rather watch THESE same old replays of the same b&w footage than another "replay" of a collection of mostly HIGHLY-talented Gators being misused-and-abused. What we are seeing out there today, I am sorry to say, is a "perfect" recapitulation of everything wromng with this team under Muschamp...and as far as the offense in particular, it has only gotten worse, the way potential has been dangled like a practical joke in front of us, only to be squandered in sudden, stunning failure under Roper's "guidance" and "leadership".
Only one thing I can find positive there, now that I step back and away and am not watching, not EXPECTING anything but a rather sizeable Gator defeat at the end of the day: Whether we are talking about the next HEAD Coach, or whomever he has, hopes or has in mind to be the OC, they will certainly see what COULD be done with what we have here right NOW. Add the few obvious missing-pieces and it may well NOT be "3 or 4 years" to turn things around here.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I hate this team. I really do. We have a chance to be the good guys, and Gator lineman Willis shoves Winston when he is not even on the field.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Westbrrok just single-handedly turned this game in favor of FSU.
Yes. No exageration. Saw that as Nole running into open with pick. Could Not Believe It. Even for us, for HIM (Westbrook), that was like a full-on, "hope you got a BUTTLOAD of cash" kind of "drop" there. I know, I know--of COURSE "he didn't MEAN to", but what the HELL was he doinng IN there then anyway??? We have the mediocre-but-not-disastrously-self-destructive Burton to "adequately function" at TE in those kind of situations. Westbrook has long since PROVEN his penchant for The Big Mistake When It Counts.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
This ones in the bag. I can't wait for this season to be over. This team is "UGLY". From top to bottom they need to look at themselves in a mirror and question whether they can play fundamental football. How does oleary keep out running DB's and safeties? This coaching staff is pathetic. They are not developing players. Now we run run run which we have not done well all game. I felt sorry for Muschamp but not I'm so glad he's gone. Take that 6 million and get the fuc$& out of Gainesville.

Escambia94

I see a lot of Gators quitting. I do not like talking bad about players, but this is a bunch of quitters and losers.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I hate this team. I really do. We have a chance to be the good guys, and Gator lineman Willis shoves Winston when he is not even on the field.
Yes. Again: That's coaching, the overall mind-set of this team. Yes, Muschamp got rid of the thugs and swelled-headed locker room headcases--but the guys still here, most what we'd all call "good guys" to have and keep, still reflect the Head Coach, not just what he says and the rules he enforces, but what everyone sees in how they behave
To everyone:
I'm sorry. I'm not even watching the game anymore--maybe shouldn't be commenting now, that being the case. But if I were watching I would be so angry and disgusted as to be beyond commenting by now. The way this one played out here up thru that first drive by the 'Nals (that's MY shorthand for 'em, I guess, as in crimi"Nals") right after today's "Gator Game Give-Away" was just too MUCH for me: They actually found a way to suck me in, give us a crack of light, the one "handhold" I would grab and RIDE--frustrate-but-hang in, ALMOST "there", in SPITE of themselves, in SPITE of more bad moves by the coaching staff, maybe it was gonna be our day after all and--
--and they put the one guy who's done it before in the exact spot to just RIP our guts out, turn "What could have been" into "Same ol' embarrassing bone-crusher". As if we might have somehow forgotten how things have been here, how things have gone more and more often,m worse and worse over the time Muschamp has been here, thru the procession of vaporware OCs and "play-not-to-lose-TOO-badly" leadership and everything else--well, I DIDN'T need to have it rubbed in my face, honest. And that's exactly how it feels, like I was just stupid enough to wanna see something different just this one time, at the end of a bad dream wake up to find, well, NORT a "deam", but still, a little joy for all of us...as if to say, "No WAY, you damn fools! What were you THINKING???!!!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Turnover and TD. Whatever.
Again--I can only imagine...not watching, don't even wanna KNOW. All came crashing in on me, on US, everything that was gonna happen from that point on, moment Westbrook dropped it into Nals' hands for the TD-turns-to-Pick-6--we had already done too little with all the D had traken from a up-til-THAT-pointg floundering FSU/Jamison Winston afternoon. Gave them back THEIR life as it sucked it all out of US.
Doesn't surprise me that this team would give up from that point on. We've seen this repeatedly in "the team-that-Muschamp-built": VERY brittle, not particularly resilient. Teams came back on US again and again--we have a coupla things go against us, we sag for awhile, give them EVERY chance to assert themselves.
Not so sure it's a "TEAM of losers"--but there certainly are some "losers" among them, and they are ALL prone to TOTAL collapse if punched in the head hard enough. And you don't fix that on the sidelines by screaming at everyone who makes a mistake--you REALLY think they screwed up bad enough, you put someone ELSE in there.
Aw, F*CK it...what's the point of tryin' to analyse, even complain about all that now? I just gotta hope there's a certain "right guy" out there, sees all the things that COULD have been done, done DIFFERENTLY, with most of the same guys who were out there today, that today and almost every OTHER game we lost, by a little OR a lot this year, what might well have been done with them by someone else, by "THAT guy" and the people he'd bring in with him.
OK--maybe got his OWN game and team coaching right this moment, but if he's interested in coming here he'll be watching it sooner or later--and he's gonna see this game, that 1st qrtr a whole other way. Fact is, the same thing happened in the one game we got REALLY "beaten" in, against the Tide--not as dramatic, we didn't get as many chances early, but they DID give us opportunities, and even with all the screw-ups we had al over the field, we were still close near the end of thew first half--it took a monumental, relentless ONSLAUGHT of stumbling clumsiness, mistake after mistake to finally hand them control of that one. Could say the same for the Mizzou loss too--and the rest were ones we HAD, but found ways to drop at the end. A certain kind of Coach could look at a review of this Gator season, every play of every game, and conclude that this Gator team should have had at WORST 2 losses the whole season--and with McGee not getting lost-for-year and a change to Treon earlier, "COULDA" conceivably been undefeated headed into today's game, MINUS that loser's mentality we all saw sink us today.
Ok. Just needed to say that. Get the impression, by the last few comments just before I started this post, plus the silence now "screaming" here, that the rest of y'all have prob bailed at the half, us down multiple scores by now.
DO know that my phone hasn't even updated the score on this game by now--which far as I'm concerned is just as well. Will surprise my girlfriend by showing up early at her place, maybe pick up some yummy take-out on the way over. You do what you can to "cushion" this sort of fall, ya know? Barring some unexpected turn-of-events (and I DO MEAN "unexpected", as in "I do NOT expect anything LIKE it, aren't looking for it, won't be checking on it, would have to HIT ME OVER THE HEAD with it to even get me to consider the mere possibility of it happening"...), next time we'll talk I suppose is when the real "SEARCH" gets rolling.

Escambia94

That is enough. I changed the TV to watch the USC game, but I am listening to the Gator game streaming online. I cannot stand the ESPN announcers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema