• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Game Day (11/29/14): At Doak Cambell

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Last? Least? Who's countin', at this point? Depends on what we're talkin' bout, anyway..."Last" game on schedule. "Last" game for Muschamp as Gator Head Coach. NOT "last" game of year--In extending our practice privileges, this is "good news" ONLY 'cause of all the things we gain on and off the field with another month now, of all times.
So. The game itself:
Quite simply, our chance at salvation--at least as close to it as we're gonna get, for now. No, not for the past, all that's happened since Championship Week 2009. Not for the future...too many questions, too many decisions we better get right, too much work ahead to fool ourselves there. THAT'S the only road to the only thing that can make it right, the road that leads to a new, long day of Gator glory.
But with a win, maybe we can do more than just end this one well. Maybe one day we'll be able to look back on this one in just the opposite way we now remember the '09 SEC Championship Game. That one was a warning of what was to come. Can this one be a promise as to what will eventually BE?
Long odds. Can't count on it. Won't be a whole "shocking disappointment" if it's not, no way. By most of what we've seen this season, we can all be excused for expecting the worst. Why it's come to this. In fact, the "smart thing" is to resign ourselves, get ready for the slow start, then maybe the "stumbling, bumbling fumbling Gators" to lay a game-long egg, or the "valiant, came-to-play-on-defense/spirit-of-Addazio-offense" keeps it close for the Big Let Down at the end. Settle for "nice try", heads-held-high, classy exit, "moral victory"?
Well, I HATE "moral victories". In fact, personally, I don't believe in 'em. Some are figuring that's the BEST we can hope for. Can't blame 'em. But what if we could rise to the occasion, the defense play its brilliant best, the offense inspired by a scheme and plan that for once ISN'T another "shorten-the-game/try not to lose big" mess, just this once, what-the-hell? What if we could break their hearts, at THEIR place? WHAT IF WE COULD WIN???!!!
Either way, I ask only this, going in:
Lay it ALL on the line, boys. Way I see it, at this point little to lose and SO much to gain--not just for me, for those of us who live and breathe Gator football, not for the soon-to-be-former coaches or even the seniors who deserve more than they were given a chance to achieve while here, but for the players who will stay, who will be the core of the TEAM-to-be.
Rather see us go down in flames fighting wildly, than slow, steady and "respectably close"--and where another loss wouldn't really change a whole lot, that kind of WIN would wash a whole lotta SH*T away.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Aw CRAP!!!! "Questionable call" on that punt, for sure--BUT GATOR PICK! We get it back on an AMAZING INT! Justice. Karma.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
D came to play HARD. Now: Can Roper and the offense get something done? Will he LET Treon play? Is Treon too hurt, banged up knee and all?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They HAD a trick play out there--but tho right idea, Roper didn't have his guys ready in time...Pretty pathetic--when MUSCHAMP is ready to roll the dice and his OC isn't up to getting it done. That's why Roper doesn't get retained, no way no HOW...There've been JUST enough instances, along with overall let downs, to judge him wanting as a leader of a big time offense.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we're gonna HAVE to move the ball here soon, but there have been worse starts this season...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta say, even that 3-and-out held some promising hints as to what they have in mind today...and I love what our D is showing here early.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Um, dive-into-the-line isn't gonna get us that much here. Please.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let 'em do their chant'n'chop. Long as we get to CHOMP at the end...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, that's TWO wasted TOs, let's face it. I mean, necessary to keep us outta the hole, but a little awareness and organization woulda avoided both. That one on Treon--but he's real young, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema