• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day--Week 5: Uh oh.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The first 10 minutes of the game were the most I have enjoyed from Gator football in a very long time!

Escambia94

This is a damn good first half of Gator football! I expect the Rebels to adjust at halftime, so I will be cautiously optimistic.

Escambia94

I also anticipate the refs will affect a major play or two in the second half. Watch the refs in the next few series of the first half.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We get fucked officiating in our own stadium! Should a been face-guarding--but here's throw to Powell on the post! TD!!!!
Going for 2--but they throw it to the wrong guy! That play HAS to go to McGee--bigger, better, makes the big catches.
But I'm being a bit picky now: We are otherwise doing everything we need to do here. That was a brilliant hook up. And so far, we are shutting them out. This is starting to get "interesting", my brothers...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I also anticipate the refs will affect a major play or two in the second half. Watch the refs in the next few series of the first half.
Yeah--these guys will try to take a close one away from us...One more reason to NOT leave points on the field...If we can't put more points up, either our kicking game or the refs will somehow end up costing us.
No: D and special teams will HAVE to keep this going, find us some more points.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Big series here. Can't let 'em back in OH! Pick 6 potential all OVER that one...but as they say, "That's why he's a linebacker!"
They are still daring us to throw. Damn- hold. I KNOW IT'S DANGEROUS, BUT WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE, REALLY? THROW IT on 1st or 2nd down while they're crowding the box!
Yikes! Almost hiked it over WG's head. But they get the first down...We ARE moving it--but sooner or later, there's a chance for a rainbow...Meanwhile, 3rd and 2 and time running down, at least.
Starting to wear them down, here?
And Robinson finally catches one! Nice throw, another one, by Grier...now getting down there.
Big play here...and another 1st. Never mind playing for 3...let's take it IN!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey--They are GASSED! That "#3 Team" is TIRED, down. STEP ON THEIR NECKS!!!
OK, whatta ya got, Mac? Our guys are getting it DONE. So what's the play here?
TD throw!!! What a DRIVE. WOW. The Miss guys are wondering, "Who ARE these guys?". Hell, I'M starting to ask the same question. A 91 yard drive when it really counted.
Best half I've seen them play in YEARS--following the best 5 min to END one.
No matter whatcelse happens, this was one HELL of a performance in the first half, obviously. But Grier deserves special note: He is throwin' BULLETS out there.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah. Y'all go ahead n cheer, SALUTE this Gator team. Best we've looked since, well, since 2 weeks before the 2009 SEC Championship game, I think.
(I have seldom been so wrong--or so happy about it!)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I still fret about those "chased points", how ONE missed EP becomes 3, and so on...I think you have to cut that off now--in fact, "start from scratch" on EVERYTHING...Fortunately, Mac's not Jones. I think he'll keep after them. And our D will have chances, be able to pin their ears back along the line, go after picks in the secondary--we COULD take this thing over with a pick six, blocked punt or run back, that sorta thing. There'll be opportunities.
Now, they will throw EVERYTHING THEY GOT at us--but our defense can absorb it and hold them off, if they don't tire. One MORE reason fot the offensive plan to stay aggressive, make 'em work for EVERYTHING, even if they get some things going there way--which they'll probably do, before this is over.
But unless that flu just leaves our guys with NOTHING in the 2nd half, well..u
Ya know, I'm excited, and scared--I GET that way in these kind of situations, superstitious too: Besides talking about it, there's ANOTHER "situation" that has the potential to be defanged here--and THAT'S involves a superstition, a longstanding one, that I shy away from BIG time, for now.
Here we go.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BS call. KNEW this might happen, HANDED them a first down and field position instead of being forced to punt. Gonna have to BEAT em. Only way. Make em throw, then PICK it. Otherwise they score here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez. that call was bad--and after they ignored that one on our guy in the first half. Both hold em right here, somehow get the ball back without them scoring yet. Any chance for a comeback rests on their scoring on this first drive, I'm telling ya.
Later in 3rd, more n more they'll have to throw, and then...

Escambia94

It looks like the Rebels are going to score. Gator offense needs to be ready to strike back.

Escambia94

Lot of BS calls from the referees here. The Gators might as well kick the Ole Miss head coach in the crotch just to make the referees pay attention.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema