• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Meyer?

The Zooker

VIP Member
And I guess all those "true Seminole fans" can be thanked for letting Bowden stick around to run that program into the ground. I'm not saying Meyer is at that point yet. Nowhere near in fact. But ignoring obvious truths does not make someone a true fan.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
I wasn't going to wade into this quagmire but here I am.
I feel the pain and know that this forum is where we can vent.
The primary thing I would like to relate to my Gator brethren is that every GREAT coach in whatever sport has losing seasons. For whatever reason they happen. Hopefully this season won't end as a losing one.
We just need to weather this storm. It may seem like a hurricane now but a few years from now it won't seem as bad.
The wound from that game is still weeping orange and blue and I know we all ache and want answers but this is not the answer.

The Zooker

VIP Member
In today's press conference Meyer said there's nothing wrong with Addazio or Brantley. The problem with the team is "lack of energy on offense."

And I guess all those "true Seminole fans" can be thanked for letting Bowden stick around to run that program into the ground. I'm not saying Meyer is at that point yet. Nowhere near in fact. But ignoring obvious truths does not make someone a true fan.
yea they went thru a decade we're still talking about the first yr

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
OK. I've tried to treat you with some patience and respect--more than you have shown anyone who doesn't agree with YOU, BTW--which is anyone who dares to question your god (small "g" on purpose).
You can use all the large letters and exclamation points you like, it doesn't change or hide the fact that you are an arrogant, loud-mouthed twit. Perfect for this current regime's head-of-the-cheering-section.
You try to browbeat the folks who have presented facts and reasons for their conclusions--in lieu of your own thinking, you try the blog-equivalent of yelling over them while you try to rally the mob, some imagined "silent majority" you think is waiting out there with baited breath to support you. Sorry little thin-skinned would-be bully, aside from JvilleJohnie, they ain't out there. This attempt at bullying will fail. We will not miss you.

blah blah blah blah.....all i know is jumping on the bandwagon of firing one of the best UF coaches EVER after one bad season is OUTRAGEOUS!

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Now YOU, and the one guy you agree with, are the "true Gator fans"?
Let me tell you something:
I am a combat vet, and I neither liked nor accepted it when that flag-waving draft-dodger, "W" told us:
"You're either with us, or AGAINST us."
Likewise, I am a LONG-time Gator AND a long-time Gator FAN, and I neither like nor accept YOUR hollow, arrogant and self-righteous pronouncement. I don't care who you are or what label you get to affix to your user name.

yes I am a tru gator fan, i have been there thru the many losses still chompin and the recent victories and now again thru the losses and u dont hear me callin for the head of one of the best coaches weve ever had. Thats a fan. the people callin for urbs head are called bandwagon jumpers, they will b the ones wearin auburn shirts if they take it all.

as for u, dont care what u think if u dont like my posts...DONT READ THEM!:happybday::bananajump::hammer:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Whoa. I did not see that comment until after reading DRU2012's reply. I will jump on this one. In 2007 I walked across an 'effing desert lined with mines and improvised explosive devices to catch a Gator game. Literally. I think we lost that game. I was lucky that Armed Forces Radio and Television Service (AFRTS, pronounced A-farts) carried the Gator game, which they carried due to high demand. There was a lot of demand, because a lot of old people suffered through many hard years where we were mediocre. Mediocre teams with no fanbase do not get shown on AFRTS, or any network other than Florida Sports Network and the Sun Network. The true Gator fans are the ones that do complain on a forum but still support the team because they don't want to revert back to the mediocre status of yesteryear. Heck. If the Gators fanbase dwindles, I will not be able to catch them on TV out here in Texas, much less Iraq or Afghanistan. True Gator fans? When was the last time you walked through a mine field to catch a game? Then again, anybody still visiting the forum that does not say "Gators suck" is still a true fan.

Well said, man. I was so hot when I read that, I didn't stop and marshal my thoughts as I might have--I just shot from the hip, and afterward knew I should have done better, explained where the anger comes from. I've got my own tale of being a Gator, how much it means to me, and why.
No matter: you did the job, did it right--covered everything that needed to be covered: past, present, and future.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
BTW: This guy is pretty thick, it turns out...here he is today swearing once again that HE is "true Gator fan", and "if u don't like it, u can..." YOU'RE the one who started pointing fingers, making judgments, ridiculing anyone who you don't agree with.
We're ALL Gators here...THAT'S THE POINT (duh-uhh)! We're just not all Urban-worshipers. All that other crap "u" wrote there, has NOTHING to do with reality.
NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM. You'll never get it. You put your blindly unquestioning admiration for the Coach ahead of everything, including any consideration or respect for your fellow Gators. The sign of a weak personality; now you continue to reveal yourself: not exactly a towering intellect. But you're right, we don't have to read your posts. However, if/when "u" say something really stupid, self-righteous and above all insulting to other folks who post here, I will know about it, and I'll be ON "u". Count on it.

irnndn

Gator Fan
I loved these Gators in '07 when we were struggling because I knew they were young but talented an would kick it in '08.

I don't have the same feeling now. I think Urban is in denial.

Addazzio will never be an offensive coordinator, he's fine as an OL coach, and he did a great job holding the program together when Urban freaked, but his leash has run out.

That SC game was one of the hardest I've ever watched. And I was present when Rutgers kicked our ass in Gainesville !!!

Urban needs to face head-on what the problems are, or get out of the way. Addizzio is THE problem, and while I was a huge Brantly fan after the Orange and Blue game, he is not the answer. He is a major disappointment!

Let the players play ( Reed and Burton) or admit defeat and GTFOTW!!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
yea they went thru a decade we're still talking about the first yr

That's exactly what many of us here, watching and listening to the signs of a program self-destructing, have most feared--and our warnings and protestations have been aimed at somehow rallying as many voices as possible in protest.
Don't know what else to do about it (besides drink--not especially effective, from a practical standpoint, but not completely unreasonable either).

The Zooker

VIP Member
Yeah, everybody talks about how the '07 team lost four games and then we won a national title in '08. I guess they forgot how close those losses were and how we had players setting records on offense. Well technically we are setting records on offense this season. But it's record lows. So in the end, this season is absolutely nothing like 2007.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
In today's press conference Meyer said there's nothing wrong with Addazio or Brantley. The problem with the team is "lack of energy on offense."

Unbelievable. Worst case scenario, given the possible responses. Ever heard that line? (Best read out loud:)
"De-nial: Not just a river in Egypt."
Gonna be Urban's epitaph here at UF, way things are headed.

ShortBus

VIP Member
BTW: This guy is pretty thick, it turns out...here he is today swearing once again that HE is "true Gator fan", and "if u don't like it, u can..." YOU'RE the one who started pointing fingers, making judgments, ridiculing anyone who you don't agree with.
We're ALL Gators here...THAT'S THE POINT (duh-uhh)! We're just not all Urban-worshipers. All that other crap "u" wrote there, has NOTHING to do with reality.
NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM. You'll never get it. You put your blindly unquestioning admiration for the Coach ahead of everything, including any consideration or respect for your fellow Gators. The sign of a weak personality; now you continue to reveal yourself: not exactly a towering intellect. But you're right, we don't have to read your posts. However, if/when "u" say something really stupid, self-righteous and above all insulting to other folks who post here, I will know about it, and I'll be ON "u". Count on it.

Shut your damn trap dude. From day one you've spewed negativity and honestly it's pissed me off. you have to be the most negative person out there. Not even close to a realist. Just a pessimist. And to be quite frank you do not know InkedAdrenaline, at all. not by any stretch, and I'm not going to sit here and let you continuously bash a personal friend of mine. Get off your high horse. The point he's trying to make is Aren't all coaches allowed a bad year? Yes. Just because he isn't making the changes YOU want him to make doesn't mean he needs to be fired. if you know what is so damn wrong with the team, maybe you need to talk to foley so you can become our next head coach. mr. arm chair head coach. Maybe urb has a method to his madness with keeping addazio as OC. who knows. We have a really young team. I hope everything is worked out next year. Suck it up and move on. It's a down year. yeah we've looked ugly in our losses. it is what it is. not a damn thing you and I nor anyone else on this forum can do about it. so shut your f'n pie hole.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Well, we pretty much can assume Meyer is not going to be fired this year. Perhaps we can all take it down a notch and commiserate together as a Gator Nation. We all deal with our frustrations differently. If Internet were around in '79 and '88 we would see the same thing.

I can understand the frustration with continuing down "this path". We continued down "this path" in '89 after a pretty bad '88 season--same HC, different but similar OC, same DC, same QB (the one that got in trouble for gambling...both a good and a bad quality from Kyle Morris).

So, "it is what it is" and we need to learn to love it and try not to e-kill each other on this e-forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema