• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Meyer?

The Zooker

VIP Member
Is the unspeakable now an option? I don't think he has any fire left in him. His stubborn loyalty to his staff and his seniors has gotten him where he is now. I think Foley needs to start making some serious offers to Gus Malzahn since Auburn will soon be in the sh**ter. Never in my entire life have I seen a coach go from so high to so low in such a short period of time. There are no excuses. We have the players. We lack the coaching. Meyer has been outclassed on way too many occasions this year. And I'm sick of his press conferences. I'd prefer a coach that can actually tell the truth for once.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
As much as I like to say yes I still think if he has any fire left in him he should stay. Let this year be a warning that if his head is not truly in it then its time to become a ESPN sports analyst. I want him to step aside if he truly has no desire to be here. If he is still stuck in his ridiculous loyalty to Addazio then yes he must go. I'm in a wait and see mode. I love the guy and appreciate what he has done but dam it looks so bad at this point it makes me sick thinking about it.

The Zooker

VIP Member
This just in, John Brantley and the offensive line just graded out as champions according to Meyer. Duke Lemmens and Justin Trattou too.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
You're kidding, right? I didn't bother with the post-game presser (I too am WAY sick of his BS) so I really am asking...BTW, Zooker, I actually pose a Q of you along the above lines of thought on another of these threads as I make the rounds here, and am interested in your response, for real.
"Graded out as champions" is rapidly becoming the tag-line for mocking these clowns' efforts--and I AM referring to Meyer, Addazio et al. It may very well be their epitaph...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fire Addazio and maybe Austin (the DC) and give Meyer One more year.

By now, something like that is the ONLY possible "partial measure" that is acceptable, on the theory that Meyer HAS done great things, he deserves a last chance if he wants one (as long as he knows that's what it is), and MAYBE it will work.
I'm not so sure anymore it'd be enough, certainly not without some other "help" coming on board, but either way, it would be a fair way to give him AND us (ie. the team, the fans, ALL of Gator Nation) "one last chance to right the ship".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I did not care to listen to one more word from Urban Meyer. Urban Meyer the Third! You're grounded! Go to your room! No more TV. And burn that 'effing book your wrote. It's outdated. Your plan to win kinda sucks.

The Zooker

VIP Member
You're kidding, right? I didn't bother with the post-game presser (I too am WAY sick of his BS) so I really am asking...BTW, Zooker, I actually pose a Q of you along the above lines of thought on another of these threads as I make the rounds here, and am interested in your response, for real.
"Graded out as champions" is rapidly becoming the tag-line for mocking these clowns' efforts--and I AM referring to Meyer, Addazio et al. It may very well be their epitaph...

The whole thing has become a joke in the college football world. Meyer constantly grades out players on their invested nature to the team rather than their performance on the field. It's gotten pathetic. The whole concept is the laughing stock of the SEC at this point. I've seen some funny montages of clips showing how our "champions" performed during a game. It's truly pathetic. I can understand a coach being a little standoffish to the press since they are a bunch of jackals. But Meyer's statements are just dumbfounding at this point. He sounds like a person who is out of touch with the game in the modern era. Everything is a failed formula at this point. I'm sick of it. If you are going to play games with the press and tell bold face lies then you at least need to win on the field. Being a loser and a liar just makes you even worse of a coach. I don't care about the two titles any more. I want Meyer gone. He is too stubborn to coach a major football program. His loyalty to failed staff members and players is driving our program into the ground.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
anybody know where i can watch the post game interview i missed it on tv and gatorzone does not have it up for some reason

The Zooker

VIP Member
Maybe I'll feel differently in the morning when I've sobered up. But I'm drunk mad right now. I want a major coaching overhaul. Our premier win this season was over a Georgia team that is 5-6 right now. That's f'ing pathetic. Oh, and I forgot the win over a 4-6 Tennessee team too. Awesome wins there Meyer. Proud of you.

The Zooker

VIP Member
The truly disturbing thing is that Meyer isn't just having a down season. He's having a record breaking down season. We are reaching low points this season that we haven't seen in decades. This includes the Zook years!!! It's indicative of a systemic disease. You can't blame this on player execution. You can't blame it on one single thing. The whole program has a sickness and it needs to be addressed.

Escambia94

Well, we no longer own the Swamp. Is this not one of the criteria that got Zook fired? Let's look at Meyer's resume: 3 consecutive losses, 2 losses right there in the swamp. One or two offensive TDs in each of our losses. There is not much more you can do to hold onto this job, even if you won two national championships recently.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's the wee hours, I've outlasted everyone simply because I'M so f***ing disgusted it keeps burning through the now MORE-than-half bottle of EXCELLENT cognac that should have put me to bed hours ago, I wouldn't mind how I'll feel when I wake up tomorrow if I also learned that something BIG like that happened while I slept, some thing like "Foley to Meyer: Addazio Goes, or You Both Go", or "Meyer To Resign At Season's End". I guess I'm already dreaming, right?
Nothing y'all have posted here seems especially out of line, by now.

Escambia94

I can't even muster any smart ass remarks anymore. This 'effing sucks, ladies and gentlemen. It's not just that we lost--we got beat down in our home stadium by our old ball coach just as we were starting to regain hope. Not even "at least we're not Texas" makes me feel better now.

ShortBus

VIP Member
I can't even muster any smart ass remarks anymore. This 'effing sucks, ladies and gentlemen. It's not just that we lost--we got beat down in our home stadium by our old ball coach just as we were starting to regain hope. Not even "at least we're not Texas" makes me feel better now.

i agree. this morning has been a real downer.. i really need to find something to do to take my mind off football. this is extremely depressing

party gator

Gator Fan
Meyer definitely needs to leave he has lost his touch. Brantley is a failure he cant make the grade. Reed is having to ride the bench and he can actually move the offense down feild. Something is bad wrong with this picture. Addazio is a complete failure he shouldnt even be allowed to walk on the swamp he doesnt have enough class. I will always love my Gators but it is hard to watch them let our Dynasty suffer because of incompetence. We have plenty of money. Money Talks and Bullshit walks meyer and addazio and Brantley needs to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meyer definitely needs to leave he has lost his touch. Brantley is a failure he cant make the grade. Reed is having to ride the bench and he can actually move the offense down feild. Something is bad wrong with this picture. Addazio is a complete failure he shouldnt even be allowed to walk on the swamp he doesnt have enough class. I will always love my Gators but it is hard to watch them let our Dynasty suffer because of incompetence. We have plenty of money. Money Talks and Bullshit walks meyer and addazio and Brantley needs to GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Got that right ! whats sad is we have so much talent and our coaches have very little intelligence.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
If Meyer wants to stay, then he has without a doubt earned the right to try and turn this program around.

However, if his heart isn't here and he has in fact lost the edge that made him great, then he needs to retire.

Leakfan12

VIP Member

Reed isn't riding the bench, he's played another position same with Burton.

Escambia94

Let's move Brantley to center. He is not very useful anywhere else. Placeholder maybe?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema