• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Meyer?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Shut your damn trap dude. From day one you've spewed negativity and honestly it's pissed me off. you have to be the most negative person out there. Not even close to a realist. Just a pessimist. And to be quite frank you do not know InkedAdrenaline, at all. not by any stretch, and I'm not going to sit here and let you continuously bash a personal friend of mine. Get off your high horse. The point he's trying to make is Aren't all coaches allowed a bad year? Yes. Just because he isn't making the changes YOU want him to make doesn't mean he needs to be fired. if you know what is so damn wrong with the team, maybe you need to talk to foley so you can become our next head coach. mr. arm chair head coach. Maybe urb has a method to his madness with keeping addazio as OC. who knows. We have a really young team. I hope everything is worked out next year. Suck it up and move on. It's a down year. yeah we've looked ugly in our losses. it is what it is. not a damn thing you and I nor anyone else on this forum can do about it. so
shut your f'n pie hole.[/QUOTE

No, I won't--and here's the deal:
Your personal relationship with ANYONE, here or elsewhere, has NOTHING to do with any of this. An individual starts attacking ANYONE who doesn't agree with him (and that's where this back-and-forth started), tries to bully people off the site, I will stand up. It's not just me, either. If you'd bothered to read what the posts of all the others that came before and after that sudden appearance you'd know that already--but that doesn't matter to you, does it?
I don't know your friend, and neither of you know me. Y'all want to disagree, vehemently or otherwise, that's fine. But your friend made it a PERSONAL attack from the very start--and that appears to be YOUR first choice as well. I STILL don't understand why anyone would get so personally angry because the Head Coach is being criticized. We're ALL Gators, presumably--it's concern about the PROGRAM that drives much of the discussion here lately. None of US can, will or WANT to "move on" some day, the way a coach does (and this one will, one way or another, one day--I was among those who was enormously relieved when he changed his mind BACK after LAST season; I'm just not so sure now he didn't have it right the first time).
How about this? Either ignore my posts, or argue with them ON THEIR MERITS (or lack thereof, as you see it). With the former we can ignore each other, while with the latter we can vie for the "high ground" in what surely are huge questions to everyone who posts here: Where is our program headed? Do we want it to go that way? If changes are necessary, what are they and how can they happen?
We ALL have a right, some would say a DUTY, to talk about this, raise questions and argue the answers.
Disagreement isn't a "problem", it's a way towards SOLUTIONS.
Trying to silence those who don't agree with you, THAT is a BIG problem--and not just in my book. Open exchange-of-ideas is the whole point behind the nation our founding fathers created and so many have bled for.
MY burden has always been being one of those people who is first to step up in defense of those rights.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
BTW: This guy is pretty thick, it turns out...here he is today swearing once again that HE is "true Gator fan", and "if u don't like it, u can..." YOU'RE the one who started pointing fingers, making judgments, ridiculing anyone who you don't agree with.
We're ALL Gators here...THAT'S THE POINT (duh-uhh)! We're just not all Urban-worshipers. All that other crap "u" wrote there, has NOTHING to do with reality.
NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN THE PROGRAM. You'll never get it. You put your blindly unquestioning admiration for the Coach ahead of everything, including any consideration or respect for your fellow Gators. The sign of a weak personality; now you continue to reveal yourself: not exactly a towering intellect. But you're right, we don't have to read your posts. However, if/when "u" say something really stupid, self-righteous and above all insulting to other folks who post here, I will know about it, and I'll be ON "u". Count on it.

its a "f" "n" forum :censored:, u dont need to b a genius to type n short hand "text style". u can blast me all u want, like I said blah blah blah blah....as for the mine fields, all i can say is watch where u step....:shifty:

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
Shut your damn trap dude. From day one you've spewed negativity and honestly it's pissed me off. you have to be the most negative person out there. Not even close to a realist. Just a pessimist. And to be quite frank you do not know InkedAdrenaline, at all. not by any stretch, and I'm not going to sit here and let you continuously bash a personal friend of mine. Get off your high horse. The point he's trying to make is Aren't all coaches allowed a bad year? Yes. Just because he isn't making the changes YOU want him to make doesn't mean he needs to be fired. if you know what is so damn wrong with the team, maybe you need to talk to foley so you can become our next head coach. mr. arm chair head coach. Maybe urb has a method to his madness with keeping addazio as OC. who knows. We have a really young team. I hope everything is worked out next year. Suck it up and move on. It's a down year. yeah we've looked ugly in our losses. it is what it is. not a damn thing you and I nor anyone else on this forum can do about it. so
shut your f'n pie hole.[/QUOTE

No, I won't--and here's the deal:
Your personal relationship with ANYONE, here or elsewhere, has NOTHING to do with any of this. An individual starts attacking ANYONE who doesn't agree with him (and that's where this back-and-forth started), tries to bully people off the site, I will stand up. It's not just me, either. If you'd bothered to read what the posts of all the others that came before and after that sudden appearance you'd know that already--but that doesn't matter to you, does it?
I don't know your friend, and neither of you know me. Y'all want to disagree, vehemently or otherwise, that's fine. But your friend made it a PERSONAL attack from the very start--and that appears to be YOUR first choice as well. I STILL don't understand why anyone would get so personally angry because the Head Coach is being criticized. We're ALL Gators, presumably--it's concern about the PROGRAM that drives much of the discussion here lately. None of US can, will or WANT to "move on" some day, the way a coach does (and this one will, one way or another, one day--I was among those who was enormously relieved when he changed his mind BACK after LAST season; I'm just not so sure now he didn't have it right the first time).
How about this? Either ignore my posts, or argue with them ON THEIR MERITS (or lack thereof, as you see it). With the former we can ignore each other, while with the latter we can vie for the "high ground" in what surely are huge questions to everyone who posts here: Where is our program headed? Do we want it to go that way? If changes are necessary, what are they and how can they happen?
We ALL have a right, some would say a DUTY, to talk about this, raise questions and argue the answers.
Disagreement isn't a "problem", it's a way towards SOLUTIONS.
Trying to silence those who don't agree with you, THAT is a BIG problem--and not just in my book. Open exchange-of-ideas is the whole point behind the nation our founding fathers created and so many have bled for.
MY burden has always been being one of those people who is first to step up in defense of those rights.

show me the post where i "personally attacked" u or anyone on here PRIOR to U blasting me...:poop:

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
show me the post where i "personally attacked" u or anyone on here PRIOR to U blasting me...:poop:

I'm gonna come to the aid of Dru2012. I know he doesn't need my help but you asked to show us a post were you personally attacked some one. You stated " well said, atleast someone else on here is a TRUE gator fan!" . You may not be calling anyone out by name but you are suggesting that because we criticize a coach we are not " true gator fans". That sounds like an attack to me. Then you posted "waste their money? sounds like ur only a fan when we win. there will b big changes made in the off season u will see." now you are referring to some one being a band wagon rider. Then you state in a thread you personally started " When I first came to this site, I thought great a site to talk with fellow Gator fans, BUT now I see u are all bandwagon junkies " just who are you referring to when you state " you are all". How can you really say you did not " attack " any one. You called out any one who has ever disagreed with Meyer. According to you we are not allowed to question a coach if you are a true fans. Thats bull crap. Part of being a fan is being able to talk about the bad times as well as the good. It is so obvious that this team not right. You also sarcastically post " sounds like u have it all figured out. " when some one gives there opinion. You are trying to turn this on Dru2012 when you did indeed take it personal for reasons unknown when Meyer was questioned. I myself happen to agree with Dru on most if not all of his posts on this subject, does that make me less of a FAN? I really don't think anyone heres truly believes they can do a better job the Meyer. I think most people believe Meyer can do a lot better then he is doing now. You cant honestly tell me that Meyer looks the same. He has delegated so much responsibility for this team and it shows every Saturday. Most people here are pissed that the offense looks so bad. I wish people would stop using the " we are young" " we play 17 freshman". Most of our youth is on defense.Most of our freshman starts come on special teams. Demps, Brantley, Rainy, Moore, Thompson, Most of our offensive line, have been here for 2 or more years. No excuses on why they cant run a offense none at all. Our o-line looks like crap ( Addazio). Our offense looks like crap( Addazio). Who allowed this chump to continue running such a bland offense? Meyer. Who allows our offense to get worse week to week and show zero improvement? Meyer. Who allowed Pouncey to stay at center 5 games into the season when the guy couldn't long snap a ball and pick up blocks? Meyer. Who keeps giving us excuses every saturday on why this offense looks so bad? Meyer. Who is the head coach? Meyer. Who are we to blame? Who are we to question? Meyer is in charge of this team from top to bottom so when something goes wrong and he never attempts to make a change, I see a big problem with that. Addazio has ran a very boring offense for two straight years. He has been out coached so many times no one dares to count anymore. Tebow saved Addazio's ass last year and now that he is gone we see his true offensive coaching ability. InkedAdrenaline please stop taking things so personally. If I didn't know any better I would swear you were Meyer under disguise. Just encase you are could you please demote Addazio? and call off you wife Shortbus. Cant understand why shortbus is so worked up? If we really cant talk and express our personal opinions about UF on here with out people getting up set, then where can we people? Not every one is gonna agree with you all the time. Once we figure this out the world will be a better place.

kuz318

Gator Fan
Fire adazzio give urban 2 years

if we lose to fsu meyer will have no choice to fire adazzio

if we didnt play so well on offense verse vandy i think he'd be gone

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm gonna come to the aid of Dru2012. I know he doesn't need my help but you asked to show us a post were you personally attacked some one. You stated " well said, atleast someone else on here is a TRUE gator fan!" . You may not be calling anyone out by name but you are suggesting that because we criticize a coach we are not " true gator fans". That sounds like an attack to me. Then you posted "waste their money? sounds like ur only a fan when we win. there will b big changes made in the off season u will see." now you are referring to some one being a band wagon rider. Then you state in a thread you personally started " When I first came to this site, I thought great a site to talk with fellow Gator fans, BUT now I see u are all bandwagon junkies " just who are you referring to when you state " you are all". How can you really say you did not " attack " any one. You called out any one who has ever disagreed with Meyer. According to you we are not allowed to question a coach if you are a true fans. Thats bull crap. Part of being a fan is being able to talk about the bad times as well as the good. It is so obvious that this team not right. You also sarcastically post " sounds like u have it all figured out. " when some one gives there opinion. You are trying to turn this on Dru2012 when you did indeed take it personal for reasons unknown when Meyer was questioned. I myself happen to agree with Dru on most if not all of his posts on this subject, does that make me less of a FAN? I really don't think anyone heres truly believes they can do a better job the Meyer. I think most people believe Meyer can do a lot better then he is doing now. You cant honestly tell me that Meyer looks the same. He has delegated so much responsibility for this team and it shows every Saturday. Most people here are pissed that the offense looks so bad. I wish people would stop using the " we are young" " we play 17 freshman". Most of our youth is on defense.Most of our freshman starts come on special teams. Demps, Brantley, Rainy, Moore, Thompson, Most of our offensive line, have been here for 2 or more years. No excuses on why they cant run a offense none at all. Our o-line looks like crap ( Addazio). Our offense looks like crap( Addazio). Who allowed this chump to continue running such a bland offense? Meyer. Who allows our offense to get worse week to week and show zero improvement? Meyer. Who allowed Pouncey to stay at center 5 games into the season when the guy couldn't long snap a ball and pick up blocks? Meyer. Who keeps giving us excuses every saturday on why this offense looks so bad? Meyer. Who is the head coach? Meyer. Who are we to blame? Who are we to question? Meyer is in charge of this team from top to bottom so when something goes wrong and he never attempts to make a change, I see a big problem with that. Addazio has ran a very boring offense for two straight years. He has been out coached so many times no one dares to count anymore. Tebow saved Addazio's ass last year and now that he is gone we see his true offensive coaching ability. InkedAdrenaline please stop taking things so personally. If I didn't know any better I would swear you were Meyer under disguise. Just encase you are could you please demote Addazio? and call off you wife Shortbus. Cant understand why shortbus is so worked up? If we really cant talk and express our personal opinions about UF on here with out people getting up set, then where can we people? Not every one is gonna agree with you all the time. Once we
figure this out the world will be a better place.

Well said, Gator.
While I am fine with standing up when right is right, it's good to know that others see it too--and are quick to stand with me when they do.
Since my first angry response, I tried straight forward reason (with each of them), now you've gone even further down that road. You see the response.
Don't know about you, but I can't see the point of banging our heads against the wall. Anyone here is entitled to their opinion--no one has the lock on "True Gator Fan" status.
Meanwhile, the news just keeps on coming. Lots to talk about, time to move on.
How do we find hope and confidence with the latest news coming from Meyer himself, that Addazio and Brantley will remain in their respective positions and the offensive scheme we've seen this season will remain essentially the same in 2011? I can't even understand why he'd MAKE that announcement now, let alone get my mind around all the things that it implies.
On the heels of "somethings missing...there's a Void", "the player's aren't executing", etc., that rather weird mixture of the obvious and the strange in the weekly presser, this latest response-to-questions has left a lot of us in a state of baffled exhaustion. Up until now there was always the certainty of eventual change--it was just a matter of what kind of change, when will it happen and how long will it take when it does.
Assuming Foley too figures the Head Coach gets at LEAST another year after THIS confused mess to try and make it work, do you think Coach Meyer CAN, in the manner in which he intends? Can a few adjustments, more experience, everyone healthy and some now-freshmen being more "ready to play" make all the difference? Or is Meyer even being straight about this "everything the same" stuff? Does he have some surprises in mind? Either way, is there a brilliant, visionary "Plan To Win" in his pocket even now, or is it just a certainty that if he could just have "everyone do things right" he could make the old plan work NEXT time?
I really mean this: where do folks in Gator-Nation now find hope for a return to competing at the highest level, and what kind of time frame do they consider realistic?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think Meyer/Addazio tried too hard to change the offense for Brantley. Brantley should have changed for the Gator team, not the other way around. This is why I think the offense clicks better with Reed or Burton--they don't ask the offense to change from that they mostly practice, the spread-option/zone read. Even Chris Leak ran the SO/ZR, but the wrinkles that Meyer/Mullen did for Leak were to change up "the wristband" with a bias towards passing plays. The wristband shows excerpts from the playbook, such as "3rd down and 5 + red zone + blitz = Washington1234", where Washington1234 is a 4-receiver set with two wheel routes and two corner posts. If the QB is a runner such as Tebow, that same wristband might show "3rd down and 5 + red zone + blitz = Columbia1234", where they run a counter-option knowing they can get 5 yards out of it.

What this tells me is that Meyer CAN get us back on track, but with different personnel. The new personnel need to adjust to the team, not the team adjusting to this one QB.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK--but WILL they?
Remember: we're dealing here not with "what should be" but with "what is", and according to the Head Coach, the OC and starting QB will remain the same. What 's worked in the past (with a different OC) and what HASN'T (like asking John Brantley to be a leader AND an effective SO/ZR-QB--bit of an "alphabet-soup", but I like it--great quick breakdown above, BTW) may continue to be ignored.
We have to hope NOT, that Meyer will bring in some "help" for his OC before and on gameday. Similarly, I guess we'll find out if the year of experience, health and depth on the O-line and at the skill positions and "a few wrinkles and tweaks" to the overall scheme will be enough to see #12 blossom into the QB we saw in last year's Spring Game--only against the SEC!
That leaves the "different personnel" part. As many here have already commented, it would seem to be a good idea to start getting the talented freshmen from our highly-rated (and highly ANTICIPATED) last recruiting-class game experience--with next year in mind, yes, but would it be so disastrous to the outcome to remainder of THIS one? I don't know--but I am among those who'd be cool with paying the price, in the service of turning things around and preparing for the future.
Maybe I should have posed this whole question a little differently. How about this?
SITUATION: The Head Coach is adamant--you can't change the OC or the starting QB...but you CAN change any THREE other people OR things you don't like and/or think is hurting the Gators. What would they be, how would they make us better, and why?

The Zooker

VIP Member
I think Meyer/Addazio tried too hard to change the offense for Brantley. Brantley should have changed for the Gator team, not the other way around. This is why I think the offense clicks better with Reed or Burton--they don't ask the offense to change from that they mostly practice, the spread-option/zone read. Even Chris Leak ran the SO/ZR, but the wrinkles that Meyer/Mullen did for Leak were to change up "the wristband" with a bias towards passing plays. The wristband shows excerpts from the playbook, such as "3rd down and 5 + red zone + blitz = Washington1234", where Washington1234 is a 4-receiver set with two wheel routes and two corner posts. If the QB is a runner such as Tebow, that same wristband might show "3rd down and 5 + red zone + blitz = Columbia1234", where they run a counter-option knowing they can get 5 yards out of it.

What this tells me is that Meyer CAN get us back on track, but with different personnel. The new personnel need to adjust to the team, not the team adjusting to this one QB.

I think Leak showed the greatest improvement when Meyer switched Billy Latsko to FB as an extra blocker. He was clutch.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member
I'm gonna come to the aid of Dru2012. I know he doesn't need my help but you asked to show us a post were you personally attacked some one. You stated " well said, atleast someone else on here is a TRUE gator fan!" . You may not be calling anyone out by name but you are suggesting that because we criticize a coach we are not " true gator fans". That sounds like an attack to me. Then you posted "waste their money? sounds like ur only a fan when we win. there will b big changes made in the off season u will see." now you are referring to some one being a band wagon rider. Then you state in a thread you personally started " When I first came to this site, I thought great a site to talk with fellow Gator fans, BUT now I see u are all bandwagon junkies " just who are you referring to when you state " you are all". How can you really say you did not " attack " any one. You called out any one who has ever disagreed with Meyer. According to you we are not allowed to question a coach if you are a true fans. Thats bull crap. Part of being a fan is being able to talk about the bad times as well as the good. It is so obvious that this team not right. You also sarcastically post " sounds like u have it all figured out. " when some one gives there opinion. You are trying to turn this on Dru2012 when you did indeed take it personal for reasons unknown when Meyer was questioned. I myself happen to agree with Dru on most if not all of his posts on this subject, does that make me less of a FAN? I really don't think anyone heres truly believes they can do a better job the Meyer. I think most people believe Meyer can do a lot better then he is doing now. You cant honestly tell me that Meyer looks the same. He has delegated so much responsibility for this team and it shows every Saturday. Most people here are pissed that the offense looks so bad. I wish people would stop using the " we are young" " we play 17 freshman". Most of our youth is on defense.Most of our freshman starts come on special teams. Demps, Brantley, Rainy, Moore, Thompson, Most of our offensive line, have been here for 2 or more years. No excuses on why they cant run a offense none at all. Our o-line looks like crap ( Addazio). Our offense looks like crap( Addazio). Who allowed this chump to continue running such a bland offense? Meyer. Who allows our offense to get worse week to week and show zero improvement? Meyer. Who allowed Pouncey to stay at center 5 games into the season when the guy couldn't long snap a ball and pick up blocks? Meyer. Who keeps giving us excuses every saturday on why this offense looks so bad? Meyer. Who is the head coach? Meyer. Who are we to blame? Who are we to question? Meyer is in charge of this team from top to bottom so when something goes wrong and he never attempts to make a change, I see a big problem with that. Addazio has ran a very boring offense for two straight years. He has been out coached so many times no one dares to count anymore. Tebow saved Addazio's ass last year and now that he is gone we see his true offensive coaching ability. InkedAdrenaline please stop taking things so personally. If I didn't know any better I would swear you were Meyer under disguise. Just encase you are could you please demote Addazio? and call off you wife Shortbus. Cant understand why shortbus is so worked up? If we really cant talk and express our personal opinions about UF on here with out people getting up set, then where can we people? Not every one is gonna agree with you all the time. Once we figure this out the world will be a better place.

this is the last post i will reply to this topic, that being said u missed one key phrase before u wrote that book, and it was "show me where I personally attacked someone BEFORE dru-boo-who blasted me..." anyways im down with the topic, as u have stated we all reserve rights to our own opinions n if u dont like it dont read my posts!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
OK--but WILL they?
Remember: we're dealing here not with "what should be" but with "what is", and according to the Head Coach, the OC and starting QB will remain the same. What 's worked in the past (with a different OC) and what HASN'T (like asking John Brantley to be a leader AND an effective SO/ZR-QB--bit of an "alphabet-soup", but I like it--great quick breakdown above, BTW) may continue to be ignored.
We have to hope NOT, that Meyer will bring in some "help" for his OC before and on gameday. Similarly, I guess we'll find out if the year of experience, health and depth on the O-line and at the skill positions and "a few wrinkles and tweaks" to the overall scheme will be enough to see #12 blossom into the QB we saw in last year's Spring Game--only against the SEC!
That leaves the "different personnel" part. As many here have already commented, it would seem to be a good idea to start getting the talented freshmen from our highly-rated (and highly ANTICIPATED) last recruiting-class game experience--with next year in mind, yes, but would it be so disastrous to the outcome to remainder of THIS one? I don't know--but I am among those who'd be cool with paying the price, in the service of turning things around and preparing for the future.
Maybe I should have posed this whole question a little differently. How about this?
SITUATION: The Head Coach is adamant--you can't change the OC or the starting QB...but you CAN change any THREE other people OR things you don't like and/or think is hurting the Gators. What would they be, how would they make us better, and why?

The Zooker has the right idea below--add in a fullback. I would make Trey Burton or Jordan Reed that FB and make the other a permanent TE--they can block, run, or catch. Once in a blue moon we could throw off a defense and play one of them at wildcat or actual QB.

Another option would be to use one of the FBs already on the roster as blocker in order to give Burton and Reed more touches with the ball, but that would hurt us in the numbers game aspect of the SO/ZR.

I think Leak showed the greatest improvement when Meyer switched Billy Latsko to FB as an extra blocker. He was clutch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema