• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10/18/14 (?): Gator Groundhog, I Mean, GAME Day, I Mean--Aw Hell, Y'all Know What I Mean

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know how serious y'all are. I'm not even sure how serious I am...but here is how I really see it:
This team is "tight" NOT because he won't let them party and break the law, but because he HIMSELF is tight, publicly freaks at them for every perceived aspect of the ways they let him down, do things in gut-level intuitive manner, or depart from his proscribed plan and/or way of doing things. Muschamp gives them little room to breathe. He micromanages the program, is a control-freak whose efforts to "clean up that program" has crossed all reasonable boundaries to affect everyone and pervade everything they do and say--and the "tightness" I speak of by now extends throughout that team as well, in fact defines it and the way they play the games. They're not having any fun.
As for "fixing" it and getting us back to winning-football, well, there are many "variations" in the alternatives, and I don't believe they have to involve a complete blind eye to self-control, personal responsibility, OR the laws of the land. However, these kids ARE a part of the world as it IS, will be surrounded by temptation even more (and more extreme) than "the average college student" is likely to encounter, and it may be necessary in some cases for coaches and their "lieutenants" to be "flexible and creative"--in the "blind eye" they turn if they can, and the "room" they create for them to "get OUT of trouble" in the community-at-large, if they can.
I'm NOT talking about over-the-top a-holes and outright sociopathic criminals: I don't want 'em, no matter HOW much raw-talent they're supposed to have--and I believe the prices you pay for them poison a team, bring more problems than they solve, are far and away a net-LOSS for your program. But I think (or at least THOUGHT) that, kidding aside--or at least, among the cynical joking--we had come around to the POV that you don't, CAN'T expect some kind of West Point-level honor code or "sharp-cornered" image and behavior from a team of young men playing at the University of Florida--anymore than parents can seriously, realistically expect that their sons and daughters won't be touched, won't to some extent REVEL in the fun when they go away to one of "The Number One Party Schools In The Nation"!
(And while we're on the subject, in the spirit of confession some flirted with above, I went there right after getting OUT of the Army, and just BUSTED LOOSE in every way...so I'm either someone who knows whereof he speaks--or the LAST person to listen to on this subject!)

miltongator

Gator Fan
After spending some time trying to figure out who the next guy should be, I'm casting my vote for bringing back Doc Holliday. We should be able to get him and his resume is pretty good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema