• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

10/18/14 (?): Gator Groundhog, I Mean, GAME Day, I Mean--Aw Hell, Y'all Know What I Mean

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ok--you're right...Can afford at least ONE shot of JD (Jack DANELS--ironic, that) before I go anywhere.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
AND JD overthrows Clay Burton at the goal line--yes, maybe the "big guy" they brought in makes that catch if he were healthy, but still...OH PLEASE, not another FG...No, and he throws up ANOTHER hole-in-a-blimp on the 4th-down try for a first. Those boos from the Swamp-crowd are WELL-earned. I won't watch a whole game of this, no WAY.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is Homecoming? (Treon up, finally--we may be down 2 scores by the time he gets a chance) Who they get for Gator Growl? Or is THIS the "comedy routine"?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I HATE that Treon is coming in when this team is "deep and desperate" in their own end...and the Coach will NOT let his OC call his own game the way he sees fit (that's been confirmed by sideline witnesses close to the program). I truly believe there's a part of Will Muschamp that doesn't WANT to see Treon really succeed here...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Like to see Treon just wing it, play by his instincts here. Really casn't do worse than this "planned safe sequence":. STUPID, really--got Muschamp's finger prints all over it--and there's the danger: gets nailed from behind and ball knocked loose when Jones misses his block. Not so "safe" after all, is it Coach? But he'll blame Harris, try to say, "See?" HATE this. We suck, like the tight, "team-of-losers" our Coach has managed to create out of so much talent.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TD Mizzou, a KO return on the opening play, then TWO turnovers by the offense (that was exactly why I WAS "afraid" of seeing Treon put in there now, and not being allowed to play HIS game, nor Roper allowed to be creative...) Will Muschamp has NEVER learned that what he thinks is "safe" doesn't do anything but limit the talent and enthusiasm of your young team. He SHOULD be a mid-level assistant in the PROS, where that crap is "accepted-wisdom". At what point is this ENOUGH? Too much?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Let's get the freshman QB to a 3rd and 9 so everyone in the world knows he has to pass the ball now.
Exactly what I'm trying to say here. You KNOW that's what Roper wants to do--but I'm telling ya, Muschamp doesn't "believe" in any sort of "wild fun" that might actually spark his players OR show up his decisions to back Driskel ad infinitum in any way.
This is about as bad a performance as we could possibly imagine. At home, in the Swamp. I'd be booing and Heckling Muschamp UNMERCIFULLY by now. As it is, I'll be gone soon. This is just sickening.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(One 1st down by them, but 14 points to our NONE? And the D gives up the 2nd 1st-down on a 3rd-and-17 QB-sneak? Yikes.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Who has downed the most beers so far? I am on #3.
3rd shot. Really shouldn't, either...Now I can't DRIVE anywhere for a while, as was my plan...better turn this off soon if I EVER wanna get outta here! End of the 1st quarter--and we are even worse than I thought or expected.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, here's my short-term resolution: SIP this one, finish it, and if we haven't gotten at LEAST one of those TDs back, I'm gone-for-good 'til post game, later tonight at the earliest. Typings getting mucho sloppy as it is...coffe's already on in anticipation, though....maybe grab a small bite--while watching ANYTHING but college football, least of all THIS mess.

miltongator

Gator Fan
I feel sooo sorry for our players. You know they want it. But they've got one arm tied behind their backs because of Muschamp.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
REALLY gotta go with the "Bad, embarrassingly bad loss is a GOOD thing"-idea now--"Step closer to sealing this HC's fate". Far as I'm concerned, Foley can walk the same plank. You are BURYING us, gentlemen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I feel sooo sorry for our players. You know they want it. But they've got one arm tied behind their backs because of Muschamp.
BOTH arms. Feel worst for Treon. And he's not even getting a proper chance to LEARN in there. Fire Muschamp, give Roper some time with him (along with a chance to repair some of his former-rep, pre-Muscahmp Gators...)
4th 3rd-down completion in a row, our defense already as gassed as they normally look in the SECOND half...O think Muschamp has actrually LOST this team. even his defense again as last year towards the end--only this time he managed it by mid-OCTOBER. 1st and goal Mizzou. I am GONE at 3 TDs to nil.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Swamp-crowd still cheering small mercies...Guess they know it's either somehow keep 'em out of the endzone, or it's over early in the SECOND QUARTER. This Gator offense isn't coming back from 3 TDs down against ANYONE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
17 plays and counting on this drive, length-of-field time-eater, too. They are gonna beat us badly here, looks like.
They force the 3-pointer, but so what?
So. Only Q left now (aside from HOW bad will they beat us) is the really important (if even more frustrated) one:
"What will it take to get this Coach fired ANYWAY?" (and I mean, FIRED NOW--like maybe even THIS WEEK)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema