• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will the Orange be wore again?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(LOL) Just about come to that!

Me, I HATED the orange moment I saw it. Reminds me too much of the look we switched to in '79 when Pell came over from Clemsen--was supposed to "echo" the success he'd had with them. That's how mired in mediocrity we were at that time, that the arrival of a coach who'd had high-profile victories with an ACC team was seen as a "step up" for the Gators! Hell with that. Orange and BLUE! Love the royal blue home uniforms, AND the orange helmets with the "Gators"-script. Period. End of story.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
(LOL) Just about come to that!

Me, I HATED the orange moment I saw it. Reminds me too much of the look we switched to in '79 when Pell came over from Clemsen--was supposed to "echo" the success he'd had with them. That's how mired in mediocrity we were at that time, that the arrival of a coach who'd had high-profile victories with an ACC team was seen as a "step up" for the Gators! Hell with that. Orange and BLUE! Love the royal blue home uniforms, AND the orange helmets with the "Gators"-script. Period. End of story.

Back in the mid-1980's (1983-1985), the Gators had a top 10 team with 1984 and 1985 what probably would have been title contenders if not for another thing that Pell brought with him from Clemson NCAA sanctions.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I like the orange, because our school colors are orange and blue, not blue and orange. Now, Boise State may be onto something. Paint the field blue, use blue uniforms, and I would be okay with blue over orange.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema