• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who's getting Devante "Speedy" Noil

Who gets Noil?

• LSU

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • ALA

• FL

• OSU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
LSU. He has not yet scheduled an official visit to Florida. He is also too small for the Brent Pease offense, especially since we seem to no longer be recruiting Jeff Demps and Percy Harvin type of players in terms of size and speed (both were under-sized for their positions, but worked well in a variation of the spread).

bradRT

Gator Fan
LSU. He has not yet scheduled an official visit to Florida. He is also too small for the Brent Pease offense, especially since we seem to no longer be recruiting Jeff Demps and Percy Harvin type of players in terms of size and speed (both were under-sized for their positions, but worked well in a variation of the spread).

Thanks for this reply. I'll keep this in mind about the Pease offense. Seems I'm living in the past on that one.

Escambia94

Thanks for this reply. I'll keep this in mind about the Pease offense. Seems I'm living in the past on that one.

All of us Gator fans are living in the past. We have not had a primary running back over 210 pounds DeShawn Wynn (2002-2007), and he was recruited by Ron Zook.

Escambia94

Wow. DeShawn Wynn reference. 500 points. Haven't heard that name in a while...

It is important to know Gator history, especially pre-Tebow. If you hang around enough, I even go pre-Spurrier, just for perspective.

bradRT

Gator Fan
Mine declines rapidly pre spurrier, wuerfell really. Dad's more detailed (played for Tenn-MLB in 70's.)

Escambia94

Mine declines rapidly pre spurrier, wuerfell really. Dad's more detailed (played for Tenn-MLB in 70's.)

Awesome! Well, if you want to read history, we have it here. We also focus on today. As long as you can remember the pre-Tebow era, you are fine. Many of those Tebow fans were just Tebow fans, not Gator fans. Some of them were both.

Escambia94

UT should have a strong running game this year. Gillespie is a great Gator, so I wish him well in any game he is not coaching against Florida.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
bradRT, Escambia94
All of us Gator fans are living in the past. We have not had a primary running back over 210 pounds DeShawn Wynn (2002-2007), and he was recruited by Ron Zook.
Thing is, we are only NOW finally seeing all the pieces begin to fall into place as far as a Muschamp-envisioned/Pease-executed-version of a "Pro-style Power Offense" is concerned--and the jury is still out on the fulcrum to this offense at QB. If we finally have some varied passing-options AND Driskel can comfortably find and accurately throw to them, ALONG with handing it off to what looks to be a running game that will rival anyone's (yes, Bama included--and I think we'll eclipse everyone else's), well, suddenly this season begins to look very interesting indeed. The D will be as full of raw talent and depth as any we've had, but will need a few games at least to begin to round into team-form (lets hope in time for the SEC-schedule!)...Would be nice to see our OFFENSE step up, begin to win games--or at least hold up its end!--this year.
Chomp! TOLD us what he had in mind when he arrived, but only NOW are all the tools beginning to be gathered here...Moreover, he brought Pease in for specific reasons, and Pease himself had to work "stop gap" 'til HE had more of what was needed to install his idea of what he AND the Head Coach intended all along.

Escambia94

DRU2012: I don't want to rehash our conversations from last year, but I foresee a big repeat of last year with different outcomes shaped by players that do or do not step up.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Escambia94
Agreed--I just wanna see this offense begin to be a part of what gets us to the top...and I'm fairly certain that it'll HAVE to in order for us to get near last year's win total. Again: The first half of the season, especially through October and the early-to-middle portion of the SEC-schedule, will require that kind of contribution, seems to me, if we're gonna be in the running for SEC and National dominance again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema