• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who wins the BCS NC game tonight?

Who wins the BCS title game?

• Alabama

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Texas

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Doesn't really matter to me

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Myself, I'm torn on who to root for. As much as I'd like to see the national title remain in the SEC, I can't stand Paul Finebaum and his vile attacks on Coach and our program - he's a Bama homer and Saban apologist, but I shouldn't have to tell anybody that over here.

Because of that, my heart tells me to root for Texas tonight - what say ye?

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
O-town Gator, you hit the nail on the head. There are reasons to root against both teams.

Hard to say who will win. Alabama should win on paper, but USC also should have won on paper when they played Texas in the 2006 NC title game (also in Pasadena).

Sharon4Gators

Gator Fan
Right now I'm all for kicking Bama out of the SEC. I can't stand them to begin with, and they are embarrassing SEC...they are not worthy. <kidding, sorta>

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Yeah that fumble did it. Too bad Colt got hurt, who knows what would have happened.

Looks like it's all over but the shouting. Had McCoy not gone down with that injury, it would have been a more challenging game for Bama - but giving credit where credit is due I have to give a high-five to Gilbert for holding his own out there and giving it his best shot.

patbro

Gator Fan
Looks like it's all over but the shouting. Had McCoy not gone down with that injury, it would have been a more challenging game for Bama - but giving credit where credit is due I have to give a high-five to Gilbert for holding his own out there and giving it his best shot.

I agree, having to come in a NC game as a freshman with no playing time the whole year, Id say he did great. Cant help but think that if McCoy had been in plays like that the fumble deep in Bamas end wouldn't have happened.

lilChomp

VIP Member
No offense to anyone, but McCoy is a pussy. How can he not get back in that game. I can understand taking one half to heal, but they can just shoot him up with cortizone and get him in the 2nd half.

ShortBus

VIP Member
No offense to anyone, but McCoy is a pussy. How can he not get back in that game. I can understand taking one half to heal, but they can just shoot him up with cortizone and get him in the 2nd half.

mccoy wanted back in, but his coach wouldn't let him.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I do not want to say anything bad about McCoy. He's a good kid, and he deserved better, but this is part of the game. We all know this would have been a different game with McCoy--I am tired of hearing this. This is why we play the game--you only get one shot to play the game and work out the what-ifs. Texas lost, no excuses. Teams do that. Some more than others. I'm not happy that Alabama won, because it's not my team. I am even less happy that Texas looked better against Alabama than Florida did, and Texas played with a freshman quarterback in place of arguably the 2nd-best QB of this era (or best if you look through burnt orange colored glasses). SEC!

stonythegator

Gator Fan
I have to say I wanted Bama to win this game. I have never liked Texas. Texas fans are candyasses and cry way way to much. Wait and see, you'll hear them complaining about this game like they did when the Sooners went last year instead of them. Not only that, but Texas just has that arrogant quality to them.

I know Bama has a huge amount of problems. I've hated them since I watched my first game all those years ago. However, I would rather boost the reputation of our conference rather than have more skeptics down the SEC because we "Don't play enough good teams out of our conference". Winning this many consecutive national titles pretty much secures the SEC as the dominate force in college football.

I have no doubt that the game would have been different if Colt would've played the whole game. Instead of such a huge hole for most of the game, it would've come down to the final minutes of the game (Anyone remember a very memorable Texas - Texas Tech game last year?) It is very touch tough to say who would have won this game. Despite Bama looking poor in the first quarter...Bama generally does what the Gators do...they explode in the second half and start playing a fierce game.

In the end, the players of the game are not the ones to blame for one person behind the program. Finebaum is not on the field playing his heart out to win a championship. I give these kids all the credit in the world. They played like champs. I don't hate them for the simple fact of hating them. Nor do I hate them because of a few shady figures. I hate them because they beat my beloved Gators.

Doesn't matter, I got to see a total blowout by the Gators. Not the one I wanted to see, but this one will suffice. Got to see Tebow put up some very very awesome numbers and show the nation why he deserves more accolades than any other player out there. Best yet, I got to see the end of the dynasty that Tebow put together. Who in their right mind could ask for anything better than that?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema