• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What has happened to the Gators? Article in Gainesville Sun

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, as a matter of fact I JUST read that article before coming over here and seeing your post...I don't know if you notices but that was a Pat Dooley column.
Aside from dismissing the whole idea of firing Urban Meyer (or maybe just the person who started that "FireUrbanMeyer.com" site? Somehow, that's not th impression I got...), Dooley proceeds to lay out the major theories that dominate discussion of "What's Wrong With the Gators?".
I don't know about you, but reading them all, neatly laid out for us again just made me frustrated, angry and baffled all over again.
All THREE "theories" ring true! I'm not sure what his intent was, but the effect (at least from where I'm standing) was to make a very strong case for how very screwed up this team and program is.
Elsewhere, it's the same old "jive", the absolute WORST of it being more vague promises from Coach Meyer himself about "having to get better" and (here's the kicker) "there could be some changes coming".
There's nothing more I can say, nothing to add. I leave it to y'all.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Fired Coach Meyer after two titles (a game away from it being three) in three season. Whoever created that site is an idiot.

1. The Urban Theory: well I don't know is one of the reasons because there has been coaches who aren't uptight and don't micromanage and won championships.

2. The QB Theory: Well isn't Brantley fault that the coaches can't adjust the freakin playbook plus kind of hard went his center can't snap and the O-line can't block.

3. The Addazio Theory: TOO EASY

4. The Recruiting Theory: How the heck is the Gators and their top five recruiting and losing three games (so far). Heck Boise State can beat VA Tech with 2 and 3 star recruits. The ranking system needs to change for grades and behavior.

5. OK I understand that.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Fired Coach Meyer after two titles (a game away from it being three) in three season. Whoever created that site is an idiot.

1. The Urban Theory: well I don't know is one of the reasons because there has been coaches who aren't uptight and don't micromanage and won championships.

2. The QB Theory: Well isn't Brantley fault that the coaches can't adjust the freakin playbook plus kind of hard went his center can't snap and the O-line can't block.

3. The Addazio Theory: TOO EASY

4. The Recruiting Theory: How the heck is the Gators and their top five recruiting and losing three games (so far). Heck Boise State can beat VA Tech with 2 and 3 star recruits. The ranking system needs to change for grades and behavior.

5. OK I understand that.

Recruiting: We seem to play fewer freshman than other teams. It looks as if we prefer to play the veterans that were behind the greatest Gator class. Our current starters were he greatest second-stringers in history. We have to give those guys a shot, right?

SEC_Supreme

Gator Fan
Does anyone have any articles or anything else on these "Tweets, quotes or actions on the field" that lead us to believe players will be leaving the program anytime soon? Aside from Haden, obviously.

Maybe I've just had blinders on due to everything else going on with the program, but I wasn't aware of the fact we could be losing a lot more players soon.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Does anyone have any articles or anything else on these "Tweets, quotes or actions on the field" that lead us to believe players will be leaving the program anytime soon? Aside from Haden, obviously.

Maybe I've just had blinders on due to everything else going on with the program, but I wasn't aware of the fact we could be losing a lot more players soon.

Nope. Last year, the Gators were more open about everything. Not this year. All we get this year is vague statements, angry blogs, and Pat Dooley.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't think there's any doubt we have a load of talent on that team--and the the more recent the class, the better--at least for now. Are we about to lose a chunk of it? Will the next class continue our "restocking for the future"?
Ask yourself this: given all the outward signs, without some VERY active, hands-on work on the part of both the assistant and position coaches to keep 'em interested, AND the Head Coach to "close the deal" (and in the case of the freshmen, some one-on-one reassurance), what do you THINK may happen?
It's the age of media-hype, what-are-ya-gonna-do-for-me, short-attention-span lives.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema