• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What does Urban do next?

mjfan23

VIP Member
ESPN gig for a few years. But lets be real here.... He will end up coaching again. ND wouldn't shock me at all.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
ESPN and some advisory role for the UF athletic department. Maybe he will write another book with Buddy Martin. When the stress of being a stay-at-home dad gets to him he will look for a coaching position, if he can work some assistants in the background while he is "retired".

Since his son is about 12, he could lay low for two years and then move his son right before high school. By that point his younger daughter will be between her lower and upper class college years, and the older daughter will be graduated. He could also wait until his son is done with college and drag him to a college as a coach in 10 years, but I think it will be sooner.

Now, if Jim Tressel at Ohio State or Briany Kelly at Notre Dame get fired in 2012, I can see Urban jumping at the chance. If he hates losing, he may coach at Miami of Ohio and play in low stakes football and just run off a couple decades of an 80% win record.

I do NOT see him going to the NFL. No way. Just for comparison, we knew Steve Spurrier could leave for the pros because he did coach in the pros, in one of the most popular and successful USFL teams, the Tampa Bay Bandits. So, before we go into the "well, Spurrier did it" routine, I just want to head that off. I will put money down that Meyer will not go to the NFL as a coach.

The Zooker

VIP Member
I agree with Escambia. He and his family will continue to live in Gainesville. He'll have an office job for the AD. He'll be a guest locker room speaker here and there. He'll be an adviser to the players. And he'll get some guest spots as an analyst for ESPN.

Gatorfan24

Gator Fan
I think he'll be with ESPN for an analyst, or like what was said above ^^. If he is to coach again, it's not going to be anytime soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema