• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 3: #11 Florida Gators 29, #1 Alabama Crimson Tide 31, 9/18/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Checked the halftime score:
Looks like we tightened it up a bit—but found some NEW ways to encourage, then let ourselves AND our fans down; if only we had managed to grab a few more points there. NOT a game where we could afford to leave ANY “points on the field”.
The jury is STILL out on whether this will indeed end a blowout—OR a failed opportunity. Has ALREADY given a poor impression and left a bad taste in MY mouth.
Only some amazing late comeback/“nip ‘em at the gun”/reversal-of-fortune could wash that all away now.
Not bloody likely though, let’s face it.
Would make a good Hollywood script though, with the right characters and well-liked actors in their roles. Hey, that was my bread and butter for YEARS...
Had to face it long ago, however:
Life itself doesn’t often GO that way AT ALL. You mostly have to face irony, set backs, pricks and back-stabbers rewarded for their selfish and relentless opportunism.
Some of the most cynical “blanket statements” about all this has come from the world of sport, after all:
“Nice guys finish last.”
—Leo Durocher (longtime Hall of Fame manager of Brooklyn Dodger fame.)
Would like to think we might still at LEAST keep the final score reasonably close, though. MIGHT make some sort of minor difference to our whole future outlook LATER.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alert from my phone!
Are we within a TD???
But Alabama driving again by the time I tune back in...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is painful—like “slow death”: We show flashes of promise, then fuck it all up.
AGAIN had enough stopped, only to be penalized.
If only we really HAD an “aggressive shut down defense”.
Only holding them to a 3 can MAYBE keep us in it now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh.
You know, a healthy AR MIGHT have made the difference here after all.
But we’ll never know.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
See y’all in the 4th...I just can’t WATCH this slow, twisting TORTURE of a game...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
One last tiny chance—But no.
TD Alabama on a “walk in”.
Say it with me:
FUCK GRANTHAM!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The man has delivered not one portion of what he was hired, then after last season was retained for.
As for Mullen, this DEFINES “Loyal to a fault!”
So, when DOES the AXE FALL, the “search” begin? One then the other, or simultaneously?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Looks like the receiver makes a huge mistake here.
Aw crap. Now the dumb mistakes begin.
I gotta get outta here—we are about to fully give this one away right here and now after all!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another poor throw to an open receiver. But we ARE driving again DESPITE starting at the ONE.
What COULD have BEEN.
We might be a competent DC away from competing among the elite after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another poor throw to an open receiver. But we ARE driving again DESPITE starting at the ONE.
What COULD have BEEN.
We might be a competent DC away from competing among the elite after all.
We

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Obviously MUST get to the end zone with this drive, just to retain a CRACK of hope...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema