• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 14: Florida Gators vs FSU Seminoles - 11/28/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yep, here it comes. We were 6inches (and a blown call) away fro putting this one away, and now we will be lucky to pull it out before overtime.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Of course, if we can just keep milking this clock...but that can’t, WON’T continue...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WHY DIDN’T this guy just GO FOR THE WIN way back there???
Sorry...I am just SO TIRED OF ALL THIS CRAP!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here comes the onsides kick.
Can we possibly come through after all???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If they get it, I am GONE!
I am already sick of everything we have had to endure before it all coming to THIS.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don’t BELIEVE it.
Ha! THEIR KICKER GIVES IT BACK TO US!
Hey—it’s the Noles, so we can only laugh...and TAKE IT!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
For all the bullshit these announcers are spewing about the FSU team and program, OURS is the more talented roster right now.
Gators WIN!
Thanks to ANTHONY RICHARDSON and his teammates on offense—and NOT to the COACHING STAFF:
Neither the ones who left nor the ones remaining.
GODZ, we need a proper Coach!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Congratulations, Gators...
Oh—and Congrats ALSO (in particular) to @Escambia94, and his pals, who get to go out (reasonably) satisfied and happy after ALL...
Hoist a few for all of US, gentlemen!
So what’s it gonna be...
Ribs’n’BEER??!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Finis:
I had almost FORGOTTEN WHAT THIS FEELS LIKE:
Unqualified-satisfaction at the WIN.
Given the circumstances (AND against the NOLES, no less), to HELL with all the “assorted complicating factors and qualifications” that might be attached to it, in spite of a MOUNTAIN of obstacles and detractors, WE PULLED OUT A WIN. With EVERYTHING against us, coming in, through it all and finally, IN THE END:
Somehow, with so little help and so MUCH on-the-LINE,
we WON.
I give our guys, who played their hearts out (especially in that second Half) all KINDS of props! And yes, finally, on BOTH sides of the ball—with a SORCIAL MENTION so deserving going to ANTHONY RICHARDSON. Even before hitting the recruiting trail, our NEXT Coach must go out of his way to make sure he personally assures (and REASSURES) AR that HE will likely be our QB-1 heading into NEXT Season—whether Jones stays or NOT.
Right? RIGHT??!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gator defense looked a lot better. Christian Robinson called a good defense with a lot more man-to-man with a single high safety. They had problems containing FSU’s mobile QB, but otherwise they shut down the FSU rushing offense. FSU’s scariest weapon other than the QB was the TE, but the Gators covered him well throughout most of the game.

On offense EJ5 actually looked good except with the 3 interceptions. I can see why he was pulled. He hit an FSU defender in the back of the head when there were 2 open receivers. With AR15 the offense really is the Anthony Richardson show, as if the playbook has no plays shaped around his skill set. From what I can tell the offense is ad hoc when AR15 is playing, which is rather confusing to me since his passing coach, Denny Thompson, says he is one of the most talented passers he has worked with.

On special teams everyone looked good for the first time all season.

Overall the penalties and interceptions cost the Gators 2-3 scores and 100-200 yards per game. That should be the next coach’s focus.

As for FSU, they have some decent players—many of them higher rated out of high school than the Gators. Seeing them play made me appreciate Mullen’s staff and their ability to do more with less. The next coach needs to continue that until recruiting improves and they can do more with more rather than more with less.

1B7E30C0-4ABE-4CAD-8A08-3BDE8D676755.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This was fun to see in person, the US Army Golden Knights parachute team jumped into the stadium by parachute from 3,000 feet. There was also a flyover from a US Navy P-3 Orion. There was a lot of Gator chomping from these two crews after they parked their aircraft and were honored on the field.

LOVE IT! Musta been impressive!
(Never jumped into the Swamp, of course, but I DO know something about “HALO” jumps.)
All in all, they really put on a SHOW for us out there today, looks like. No WONDER the crowd was so hyped and INTO it by the time the telecast began. It must have helped the TEAM’S energy as well!
But they came to play regardless, it was clear.
And once AR got in there for good, and guys like PIERCE just put it ALL OUT THERE in the 2nd half, it just FELT like they simply weren’t gonna be DENIED. It would have been a travesty had they NOT been “allowed” to win it—which is exactly why it bothered me when the “interim Coach” decided to punt it from midfield on 4th-and-inches:
You hand it to Pierce there and run that clock out—maybe even score again.
You ALWAYS “play to WIN”—especially the Gators, in that situation today, and IN THE SWAMP no less! Instead, he almost let it get away “playing not to lose” much the way Mullen started coaching more and more since late LAST season. (And THAT’S a weird take in and of itself, it seems to me...Probably best to just let it go, move on for now; but still a strange change that came over Coach—and our resulting fate because of it...)

Escambia94

I must give credit: the energy levels in the stadium matched Emory Jones’ and Brenton Cox’s performance in the first half, which declined right before the half. It picked up again at the half and was sustained by Anthony Richardson and Dameon Pierce on offense, and the entire defensive line in the second half. If Jones could have thrown the ball away as Richardson did there would not be as many interceptions. On defense it was the balance between timing the FSU offensive snap and being offsides.

In short: The energy was amazing throughout with short spurts of despair after interceptions.

Side observation: It was obvious many of the Nole fans were only here to beat the downtrodden Gators. The ones around me apparently had never been to a Nole game at the Erector Set. Younger FSU fans are trash. Older ones are cool. The older ones were surprised that we honored Bobby Bowden at the game. Spurrier himself had nothing but good things to say about his rival.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I must give credit: the energy levels in the stadium matched Emory Jones’ and Brenton Cox’s performance in the first half, which declined right before the half. It picked up again at the half and was sustained by Anthony Richardson and Dameon Pierce on offense, and the entire defensive line in the second half. If Jones could have thrown the ball away as Richardson did there would not be as many interceptions. On defense it was the balance between timing the FSU offensive snap and being offsides.

In short: The energy was amazing throughout with short spurts of despair after interceptions.

Side observation: It was obvious many of the Nole fans were only here to beat the downtrodden Gators. The ones around me apparently had never been to a Nole game at the Erector Set. Younger FSU fans are trash. Older ones are cool. The older ones were surprised that we honored Bobby Bowden at the game. Spurrier himself had nothing but good things to say about his rival.
Thanks for the insights—narrative and backstory.
As for our honoring Bobby, you couldn’t hate the guy.
In fact, those days when we were led by SS and they by BB was a time “when giants roamed the fields and stadiums in Florida”: They were truly “the honored rivals”... We used to play pranks on each other, whether directly in small groups or as whole populations of fans from the respective Universities, even traveling cross-state (bout a 150 miles out #10, as I recall) to mark up their local booster billboards or swipe some “trophy” from their campus just to bring back to Gainesville to display publicly at Florida Field on GameDay, for example; there wasn’t so much contempt or hatred as much as good-natured, mostly-FUN.
No, with UM it was different:
THEY were absolute spoiled pricks, seemingly dominated by “dumb blondes” and “gold-chained, garish acetate open-neck-shirted frat boys”...The one year I went down there to see us beat them in the Orange Bowl (a seedy, dark gray rotting old pile in what WAS the worst part of Miami, by the way), me and my friends had to fight our way in through the tunnels and ramps TO our seats, go back’n’forth thru it for beers etc DURING the game, and then that horrendous odyssey getting OUT (involving not simply fighting through roving bands of the aforementioned “wealthy spoiled greaseballs”, but having to defend and fight off the ones already harassing elderly Gator fans that we encountered and rescued on our way just to finally get OUT of that horrible venue in the first place...only to discover, upon our return to my (unfortunately “Gators”- bumper-sticker-encumbered) Firebird (“the LoveTunnel”, so named by my friends for its dark silver-blue finish and matching DARKEST darked-out sunshade window film—and other more dubious reasons my friends joked about...what can I say? We were college undergrads!—that I’d parked in what I’d THOUGHT was a “safer” spot on a quiet street in a nicer area over near The Grove, found my tires slashed and an intentionally-attacked, rock-still-sitting-on-the-hood windshield!
We just HATED them—and frankly, that just never changed for me—even with having met and liked some Miami grads since (even specifically coming to respect the work of some of their “Marine Sciences” and later FILM department people later as a professional in Hollywood, CA—I’d had friends and spent much time in and with friends in H’wood Fla!)...
That “Hard Rock” venue they play in and stage the “Orange Bowl” in NOW looks like a huge improvement—but I just won’t EVER be able to “upgrade” my general impression when it comes to my views and suspicions as to who and what I expect from them and theirs TODAY!
Sorry.

Escambia94

FE43E6C6-AEAE-4186-AA68-D6A45C19A7E4.png

Here is that redacted photo that I promised @DRU2012

I was lucky that my waiter let me know to run across the restaurant for the photo opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema