• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 14: #6 Florida Gators 31, Tennessee Volunteers 19 - 12/5/2020

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry guys. I’m SUPPOSED to have access to this game at least THREE diff ways, but somehow DON’T. At ALL.
Depending on y’all to keep me up-to-moment...
Doesn’t sound like I’m missing anything but frustration and misery so far. But for now will appreciate your commentary while I dig into MY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Trask lets DeLance know that he cannot put Christmas lights up in the dorms before Thanksgiving.

Escambia94

Sorry guys. I’m SUPPOSED to have access to this game at least THREE diff ways, but somehow DON’T. At ALL.
Depending on y’all to keep me up-to-moment...
Doesn’t sound like I’m missing anything but frustration and misery so far. But for now will appreciate your commentary while I dig into MY TECHNICAL PROBLEMS!

Yeah. This game is on CBS. I had to dig out the over-the-air antenna. This means that my play-by-play from Mick Hubert is even more delayed than it would be if this were ESPN or SEC Network.

Escambia94

The wife has spoken. We are going to look at Christmas lights instead of watching the second half.

Escambia94

Trask has passed Wuerffel (1995) with his 36th TD. He needs 3 more to tie Wuerffel (1996).

Last edited:

Escambia94

Gators are looking rather Muschamp-ian right now, but they lead the Volunteers at the half.
02FD7952-8FF0-410F-A831-172945338D55.jpeg

Escambia94

Tennessee might pull ahead in the second half once they replace the Denny’s menu with a play book.
B3264EFD-174E-4C0B-AB6E-82A89BF4545E.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
SOUNDS/LOOKS like another of these “start-slow-games”! (which I really HOPED they we’re finally OVER!).
Yeah. This game is on CBS. I had to dig out the over-the-air antenna. This means that my play-by-play from Mick Hubert is even more delayed than it would be if this were ESPN or SEC Network.
OK THANKS! There it is!
(Missed most of the first half because MY local CBS had some RELIGIOUS programming, and “CBS All Access”, the first time I actually TURNED to it (supposedly included in one of my streaming services) just wouldn’t let me in! Only JUST got it straightened out (where the explanation and solution are so ridiculous I am just gonna let it GO for now)...Did get to see that last drive fromTrask and company, glad to say...and it sure looks like things are trending towards an ok resolution here—but AGAIN, their blundering about most of the first half does NOT bode well, obviously.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the final SCORE looks acceptable—but WE’LL know better. And I gotta feeling I’m gonna HATE the replay. No matter what, even WITH an “ok-LOOKING” win here, we’ll have JUST ONE GAME LEFT (against LSU) to show (above all, show OURSELVES) that we CAN put a “COMPLETE GAME” together.
I think that’s important—and it starts here and NOW TODAY!
More than anything else, that running game has GOT TO IMPROVE. ONE YARD in the first half. YIKES!
I don’t know what more need be said there.
Pretty good chance I’ll at least see the more “satisfying” (but less “truly revealing”) portion of the game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Trask has passed Wuerffel (1995) with his 36th TD. He needs 3 more to tie Wuerffel (1996).
Tell us exactly how that breaks down, when you have a chance, E—.
The wife has spoken. We are going to look at Christmas lights instead of watching the second half.
Understood.
Well, consult your phone:
I will try and generally “return the favor”, keep YOU informed-in-small-bites.
We are driving it now to start the 2nd half. TD pass to Grimes.
We are back on track. It’s WEIRD how we seem to get away CONSISTENTLY with “flipping a switch”, turning on our prodigious “scoring power” late in each FIRST half—then STEPPING ON THE GAS upon taking the field in the SECOND. I would just PREFER we NOT keep waiting—or worse, coming to COUNT on that. We don’t run the ball better AND begin that “SECOND half dominance” a whole lot earlier, we’re gonna find ourselves down and OUT of it before halftime against the likes of the Crimson Tide.
But it ain’t gonna bite us here today:
We are in the midst of putting together another “shut-down third quarter”and these Vols look ready to wave the white flag at this point.

Escambia94

Kyle Trask has passed for 3 TDs in 9 straight games, which is an NCAA record.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
God, we need a better O-line. We HAVE RBs (and that’s only gonna get BETTER), but the O-line, while continuing to improve, just isn’t reliably “overpowering when it NEEDS to be”.
That last series showed both our run AND pass-protection weaknesses.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Boss says we are going out for Christmas lights and dinner. Later!
Have a great evening—if we are lucky, this will be a fairly boring rest-of-the-evening here (and you wouldn’t WANNA be around to see anything worse than THAT in any event)...
I DO APPROVE of the way our DEFENSE has performed, least as much as I’VE seen of it here.
Never mind all that. Have a good evening, E-!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We’ve left points on the field out there—but unlike previous years, you DON’T get much feeling that it will HURT us in the end. We STILL don’t quite “put teams away” like I think we have the talent and braintrust to manage.
As things stand, we appear to be waiting—maybe COUNTING ON a turnover?
I don’t like it. I STILL wanna see us just shut a team down and put the game AWAY. That is what we seemed poised to do—but then HAVEN’T MANAGED TO DO, here or elsewhere.
It is time. PAST time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We seem intent on keeping them barely IN this game. Come ON, Gators.
Take this AWAY.
No more scoring for these guys.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good rush, forces 4th and long from long range. “Grounding” moves them out of fg range. Punt. Nice job.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema