• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Week 12: #6 Florida Gators 38, Vanderbilt Commodores 17 - 11/21/2020

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They almost HAVE to let this QB throw:
And if they do, WE get the chance to get some sacks, and maybe a pick or two?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They should have checked that spot...Maybe they will here after all.
The announcers here are SHIT. They were wrong about the Gator (first) TD call, and they were BLIND to how this one was actually STOPPED just BEHIND the unofficial “stripe” onfield.
I think it SHOUKD be 4th down. Yeah, they’ll prob go for and GET it—but we’ll get a CHANCE to stop them here, I’m hoping...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No. But these guys STILL don’t get it.
And NOW they get a penalty after the play! Big (and stupid) penalty.
Um, I’m pretty sure this is an anti-Gator announcing team. I couldn’t GET the RUF feed this morning—and am suffering for it! These ABC guys (a result of FSU refusing to meet Clemsen due to covid concerns) are just shit anyway: I NEVER like having to listen to them!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are back to floundering on offense.
WHAT IS OUR PROBLEM OUT THERE? But Trask finally throws a long one on the fly! We are moving the ball again now.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Alright. Finally starting to assert ourselves after all.
E—, didn’t YOU predict that “Vandy’d keep it close early, but we’ll pull away in second half”??? You probably didn’t figure they’d keep it THAT “close”, THAT LONG—but it seems to be getting “straightened out” NOW!
Of course, we GOTTA hold them for a couple more possessions and “keep the pedal to the metal” on offense for the rest of the quarter at LEAST—but now that we seem to have finally AWAKENED, that should be doable.
Here we go.
Just assume that the Gators hate waking up for noon games. We have seen this over the years. It is also "hurts", I suppose, that because Vandy's locker room is so small that the Gators' gameday routines are all out of whack. Their locker room is basically on the field under a tarp. They had to get half dressed at the hotel. I mean, these are all excuses, but it does explain a few things. Right now the Gators look good, but not quite on the level of Alabama. There is still time in the season to get the defense rolled out earlier, unless the plan is to act like a heavyweight boxer and absorb all the opponent's blows and adjust in the next round. I find it hard to believe that strategy would work against any of the upper-tier teams, but this might be the plan. Or the defense just is not that good. Hard to tell.

Escambia94

Note that many of these veteran receivers need to clean up their routes. Rick Wells just dropped six points.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
First and goal. So this is working out after all. DAMN! Had him open for the TD—but Wells (WR) doesn’t drag his foot for the easy touchdown.
THERE IT IS! THAT IS HOW YOU DO IT! This one won’t be undone.
So after the 91 yard drive, we are THREE touchdowns up now. Could cover the spread after all—though after that FIRST half, I don’t give a SHIT about that now (if I ever did)...we are starting to make this “LOOK” like it “OUGHT TO LOOK” after all, score-wise.
These announcers can’t even get it right when they are “spewing the OBVIOUS”.
Come ON! In real time there was DEFINITELY some question as to whether he had foot in.
But now we give up the big TD, damnit. Poor tackling. After poor coverage.
Come ON Gators. Now y’all will HAVE to score a couple more times.
This Defense of ours looks fine for a while, then gives up a bullshit drive like that one.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice run back.
Let’s go get that next TD.
Like I say, obviously a bit more reliable of a ground game would help us immensely!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We ARE getting it done on offense now though. What happened there? I went to the batch room and somehow our big run back was apparently wiped out somehow? Did they say Tomey stepped out somewhere along the way? Damn! That had us already DOWN to their 40; Instead, we’re just getting near it NOW, after several first downs!
I’m telling ya: We have faced all MANNER of “potential excuses” here so far today. But they still all don’t add up to any REAL reason we should be in such a struggle against this Vandy Squad.
WE ARE BETTER THAN THEM.
Enough “better” that we SHOULD have STILL been able to put this one away by now. Kyle doesn’t usually MISS on those long passes to the endzone like on that last play...Fumble. DAMNIT! This is how we LOSE!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I cannot believe how we did this AGAIN. Now it is on our defense to step up.
We were moving the ball again—heading for another score—instead we are back against the wall.
Gotta get the ball back NOW!

Escambia94

Gators playing way too soft in the secondary. Of course Vandy will go for it on 4th-and-2. They can run it up the gut or toss it over the middle. Our linebackers are not transitioning between run stop and pass defense very well. The DBs are not communicating well at all. This is why we could use Muschamp as a defensive quality analyst.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Get the pick here, boys! Damn—they are going for it: They SHOULD: We are on our heels after giving up 18 yards on 3rd and 20!
I don’t understand Grantham’s tactical moves there—if ever there was a time for bigtime pressure, THAT was it!
Now it’s 4th and 2; y’all think they will go for it after all? The way we were moving the ball, they should—give it back to Trask and I think he takes us in for another TD...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And we let them THROW.
Sad. I doubt we even WIN OUT before we even MEET Alabama.
Sorry—we just don’t have enough defense after all—and it HASN’T improved any further of late.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That fumble was huge—but this drive our defense is surrendering is FATAL.
We had the game in hand there until suddenly, we DIDN’T.
This has been as disappointing as the A&M game—and I fear it is headed for a similar ending. It SHOULDN’T be—we clearly remain the more “talented” team, but make enough mistakes and you can lose to ANYONE—especially here in the SEC. Our only hope now is for someone on defense to STEP UP, get us the ball back NOW!!!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That was our CHANCE! DAMN! We HAD the turnover there!
Meanwhile, had ANOTHER chance at an INT. Come ON, D! Get it back!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema