• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

we look like the zook gators

awebbf5

VIP Member
Can't believe were looking this bad,look so undisciplined :( hope urban can get us on track quick or its gonna be a long year.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Changes will be made beginning post-game until next week - you can count on that.

If I could say what I really thought about our offensive line, I'd be banned. There lies the crux of the matter; especially Mike Pouncey's play at center. I hold Steve Addazio accountable for what took place today.

Will Urban take over coaching special teams from DJ Durkin? That's one of the questions I have heading into next week.

Urban won't tolerate mediocrity from his players. Book it - we won't see another schlock performance from this team next week.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
I normally don't criticize players, but after all the comments Pouncey made to the media earlier about the freshmen, he better be quiet for the rest of the season. Our scout team center could have done a better job than he did today.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Sam Robey should be the starter next week. Put Pouncey back to guard. They better improve otherwise it's going to be a long season.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Sam Robey should be the starter next week. Put Pouncey back to guard. They better improve otherwise it's going to be a long season.

Based on what I've just read on Twitter, Mike Pouncey is owning up to his mistakes today. It takes a strong person to admit to an error than one who merely sweeps things under the rug when they do something wrong. That speaks a lot for his character.

Giantgator

Gator Fan
Based on what I've just read on Twitter, Mike Pouncey is owning up to his mistakes today. It takes a strong person to admit to an error than one who merely sweeps things under the rug when they do something wrong. That speaks a lot for his character.

It may take a strong man, and I respect him for owning up to his mistakes, but if I were the coach (which I obviously am not) he's no longer playing center. We can't afford that type of game again, only reason we got away with that many mistakes is because of who we were playing.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
It may take a strong man, and I respect him for owning up to his mistakes, but if I were the coach (which I obviously am not) he's no longer playing center. We can't afford that type of game again, only reason we got away with that many mistakes is because of who we were playing.

After today, Sam Robey may wind up playing center if he does better in practice this week. I still think Urban's a wise man, but like all of us he makes mistakes too. He may have been a bit premature on locking Pouncey into the starting slot at center.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Getting back to the thread title, this was the worst offensive display I've ever seen from UF and maybe the worst from the Gators in several decades. Certainly this offense was worse than anything I remember under Zook.

Whether it was Meyer or Addazio, I still can't believe neither decided to make a change after Pouncey was making mistake after mistake.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Getting back to the thread title, this was the worst offensive display I've ever seen from UF and maybe the worst from the Gators in several decades. Certainly this offense was worse than anything I remember under Zook.

Like to said that's going too far but consider the Gators only gain 26 yards in the first 3 quarters and gain the same yards as the opponent did you have a point. If they did that against Bama, UGA, FSU, they're screwed with a capital S. Also I give credit to Mike Pouncey taking the blame but seriously 13 missnaps as a senior.

InkedAdrenaline

VIP Member

Pouncey doesnt deserve a second chance,man or not, owning up to what? the fact that he had 6 months to practice snapping the ball and thats the best he could come up with......Robey has my vote! Pouncey back to guard.

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
Our offense was fine besides the fumbles/snaps. I believe we can get that in check easily. Don't look too much into it unless we see it again a lot this next week.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Interesting fact: In data collected by sports info directors, UF had more true freshmen play (15) this week than any other school.

Youth and inexperience spoke on Saturday, yet some fans refuse to accept that - to them, "it's all in the effin' playcalling".

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Interesting fact: In data collected by sports info directors, UF had more true freshmen play (15) this week than any other school.

Youth and inexperience spoke on Saturday, yet some fans refuse to accept that - to them, "it's all in the effin' playcalling".

The freshmen weren't the problem.

The problem was Pouncey, a senior, who previously called out the freshman, who then proceeded to make mistake after mistake and Meyer refusing to take him out. I think Meyer values seniors too much and I can't imagine in any other level of football that Pouncey would have been left in the game that long.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The freshmen weren't the problem.

The problem was Pouncey, a senior, who previously called out the freshman, who then proceeded to make mistake after mistake and Meyer refusing to take him out. I think Meyer values seniors too much and I can't imagine in any other level of football that Pouncey would have been left in the game that long.

It wasn't solely Pouncey who was the problem on offense - the whole O-line was in disarray.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema