• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

USC Passing Offense: More than you could ever want to know

By Norm Chow
Offensive Coordinator
University of Southern California (2001-2004)

I was asked to talk about offensive football. As far as teaching the quarterback, I have some very simple rules. I copied these from some people a long time ago (Note: This refers to Lavell Edwards Head Football Coach, and Doug Scovill OC / QB Coach at BYU before Norm Chow). The quarterback must always give a command that is understood and must never give a command that will be misunderstood. This is just good common sense right? You can fool a lot of the people but you had better not try to fool your quarterback. He needs to know what is going on all of the time. That is the number one rule that I ask of all our young players. Never give a command that will be misunderstood, and always give a command that will be understood.
http://www.trojanfootballanalysis.com/usc_passing_attack_chow.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema