• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer raves about freshman class

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
"Florida Gators coach Urban Meyer can't say enough about his top-ranked recruiting class, and expects them to make an immediate impact.

"We lost some really, really good players," Meyer said. "But I'm real excited about the freshmen. I'm as excited as I've ever been for June 24 when the freshmen roll in here. We feel very good about our freshman class. The kids on our defensive line are going to play. Matt Elam is going to play. He had a heck of a spring, and he's a heck of a kid. We don't redshirt here at Florida. That's why we recruited them and that's why they're here - to play."

Meyer said the key to a successful recruiting class is simple.

"Our best recruiters are our players," he said. "The fact that I didn't even go on the road the last three weeks . . . The fact that we have the facilities in place, we have the players in place and we have an excellent coaching staff. I don't won't to say it recruits itself because it doesn't, but the best salesman you have are the people that are involved in your team."

More: http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/dolphins/joerose/2010/06/urban_meyer_raves_about_freshm.html

AK Gator

Gator Fan
I think everyone is ready to believe in this class just as much as Meyer. With a lot of uncertainty coming into this season a big start from our top recruits will keep people optimistic, even as we get used to Year 1 After Tebow.

crabbylion

Gator Fan
Urban talks about finding that 800 yard rusher this season. At worst I think he can get it from Mike Gillislee and DeBose combined. Andre DeBose is a double threat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema