• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer For Life

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
<a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com" title="florida gators">Florida Gators</a> fans had a little sigh of relief yesterday when Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun ran an Urban Meyer quote from over the weekend at a golf tournament. In response to a sports writer in Mobile publishing yet another story about Coach Meyer leaving Florida after this season to go coach Notre Dame, Meyer responded: "I'm not going to Notre Dame. Ever. I'm going to be the coach at Florida for a long time, as long as they want me." Then he turned to all the reporters listening to him and told them to put it in the paper.

Urba Meyer is arguably the best coach in college football so it's great to hear him say that he'll stay at florida for as long as they want him. Gator fans are extremely happy and relieved to hear this. Losing Meyer after this season would have set us back big time.

One thing to note though is that when I read this quote I was instantly reminded of Nick Saban like 2-3 years ago when he was coaching the Miami Dolphins. All the reporters kept asking him if he would leave the Dolphins to coach Alabama. Time and time again Saban said "No. I'll never be the coach of Alabama." Then a week later he's announced the coach of Alabama. Now Saban has always been a liar and sleezy coach... I don't expect Meyer to pull anything similar. I've said before that if Meyer ever leaves Florida, I think it will be for the NFL.

What's your take on the Meyer quote above. Do you believe him?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema