• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban Meyer contract extension

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Meyer received a six-year extension worth an average annual salary of $3.25M, with a mutual option for a seventh year in 2014.

I'm pretty sure this makes him the highest paid football coach in UF history ... but not the highest paid overall. Billy D will be making a tad bit more at $3.5M.

Don't worry Meyer, once you win another NC, you'll be at $4M/year.

gatorcrazy23

Gator Fan
i don't really think he cares as much about the money as wining and coach another NC team!!! But i might be wrong

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Does anyone here really think Meyer will be here for the duration on this contract?

I'm thinking Meyer will test the NFL waters as soon as he gets a call. But either way, it's nice to have him locked up through 2013.

gatorcrazy23

Gator Fan
Well I want to think he won't but who knows??? I didn't think Billy would do it but he tried and had to come back home!!! So I hope he doesn't but we have him here for awhile!!!

sammy

VIP Member
Awesome deal locking up Meyer. Hopefully with him here for the next 6-7 years we should win a couple for SEC Titles and compete for a NC every year.

This just proves again how valuable Foley is to our University! The man is a genius.

gtrgrl97

VIP Member
Congratulations! Hooray Coach Meyer!!!:bananajump: He's so awesome! Such an encourager of team spirit!!
I hope he stays a long long time! and I'm gonna let my hopes say, "of course he'll stay!"

I thought spurrier would be here for the rest of his coaching life, though... so who knows?

But I think Coach Meyer loves our school, loves our spirit and loves the guys on the team, so let's say,,, he'll stay!!!

greggcowan

VIP Member
I don't even want to think about it....... ha ha ha...But as we see every single day....in every pro and college sport........Contracts don't really seem to mean a whole lot..........

I try to look at it this way..... when Spurrier left most of us thought it was over....forever..... and here came Urban Myer....Should he ever leave.....the next big thing will come along after him. I don't at all mean for that to sound like "who cares".... I totally love Urban, I hope he does stay forever!

CaliZona_Gator

Super Senior Member
this is great!!! the football/basketball NC's will keep on coming for another 6 or 7 years (and hopefully even longer)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema