• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Urban eyeing Gator coaches for OSU staff

News Bot

News Bot
As expected, Urban Meyer is reportedly looking to his recent coaching past and old stomping grounds to fill his first Ohio State coaching staff. According to the Columbus Dispatch, and as reported by other media outlets, Meyer wants to add at least a pair of current Florida assistants — strength & conditioning coach Mickey Marotti…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So now "the cat is out of the bag", and it is public knowledge that the latest coach Urban "The Betrayer" Meyer is after from our staff is hot young "Recruiting Coordinator" Aubrey Hill--the guy who has been point-man for what had been until now shaping up as the best recruiting class in the country, and now must be regarded as at the very least, "in jeopardy"--unless young Mr. Hill shows some loyalty and backbone, promptly and clearly turning him down FLAT. However, each day from now that he does NOT damages our prospects--AND lends credence to the idea that he may in fact be going, is at least considering the idea. Given Coach Boom's thoughts and attitude vis-a-vis commitment, loyalty, and team-toughness, I cannot see this going over well inside the offices of the Gator Athletic Dept.--it must be all our Head Coach can do NOT to walk into his Assistant Coach's office and say something to the effect of, "What's it gonna BE, lad? Are you with us, or NOT?!!" Make no mistake, tOSU's "open wallet" or not, this isn't about money (if it were, Foley'd make sure UF matched it, pronto--that much I DO know)--it's about "who's wagon do I hitch my career to?", I'm afraid, and THAT is what Urban Meyer is playing as his supposed "trump card"--to our coaches AND (in a sense) to our prospective recruits that he is already targeting and contacting. No matter HOW this all turns out, I am with those who are DONE with the man: yes, he oversaw our rise to new heights, which makes this whole multi-episode melodrama all the more hard to accept, but there's no denying it anymore. He is a phony USER, talented in identifying and exploiting the skills of other men--and charismatic enough to draw they AND the players they need to excel to his side. That DOES make him a good, even GREAT Head Coach, when he's got those people, but makes him also a desperate manipulator and the worst kind of smiling parasite when he DOESN'T, and needs something that YOU have. Hope he fails this time--but he has already damaged us , now TWICE: first in leaving us EMPTY and bailing, then in pulling all of this now, PURPOSEFULLY attacking our recruiting class, which is Coach Muschamp's, and this whole PROGRAM'S sole hope for renewal and a return to the SEC elite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NicholeJaX