• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF vs. UGA Top 5 rivalry in all sports

Swampman

VIP Member
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/scorecard/daily_list/index.html

1) Red Sox / Yankees
2) Duke / UNC
3) Inter / AC Milan
4) UF / UGA
5) Cowboys / Redskins

4. Florida/University of Georgia: You could argue that Ohio State/Michigan is more important, but you will never convince me. Besides, after this year's game, when the Dawgs' entire team celebrated in Florida's end zone as they knocked the Gators from the BCS hunt, the rivalry has never been more heated.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
SI is wrong. FSU is by far our biggest rival. I know that they are in a down period, but FSU is not even close to a good athletic program.

FSU stands for everything that is bad in college athletics. They get in more scandals in 10 years than most colleges do in 100. Chris Weinke playing college football at 28, Darnell Dockett twisting Graham's leg and trying to stomp on Grossman's hand, Peter Warrick, the Foot Locker Scandal, the Heistman, more recently that 23 athletes cheated on tests. I can't think of another program that is worse than FSU.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
1. Florida -Georgia
2. Red sox- Yankees
3. Ohio State- Michigan
4. Auburn- Alabama
5. Florida State- Miami/ Florida-Florida State

I have FSU-Miami and UF- FSU as a tie. I think no matter what Miami and FSU always play a tuff and exciting game. UF- FSU game to me has slid down a bit cause of the domination the Gators have been doing, but still a great instate game. UF- Tenn. game is a great one as well. In my opinion college football has the best rivalry games in all of sports.

well i dont know how things go down there but when we go to ohio state games in ohio, the player are searched by drug dogs and given a filthy locker room and any michigan fans that go to watch the game, are greeted at the border with a $100 ticket, with plenty of death threats going back and fourth, of course ohio dumbs are all trailer trash tards and any football player that goes there doesnt have to take real classes, many more reasons at Ohiostatesucks.org Most reasons to hate ohio state are there

SI is wrong. FSU is by far our biggest rival. I know that they are in a down period, but FSU is not even close to a good athletic program.

FSU stands for everything that is bad in college athletics. They get in more scandals in 10 years than most colleges do in 100. Chris Weinke playing college football at 28, Darnell Dockett twisting Graham's leg and trying to stomp on Grossman's hand, Peter Warrick, the Foot Locker Scandal, the Heistman, more recently that 23 athletes cheated on tests. I can't think of another program that is worse than FSU.

While I agree with your comments about FSU sucking in general, they are not our biggest rival. Lately we have dominated and any Gator fan that is over 35-40 knows the true hatred between the UF/UGA teams. Same thing when we used to play Miami every year. I would even say that UF/TN has passed UF/FSU. If FSU gets back in the national picture, they may move from 2nd/3rd to 2nd/1st, but they are not, IMO, right now our biggest rival. I do love beating them down though.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Ultimately, I think it depends on what your definition of a rivalry is. By dislike, FSU wins in a landslide imo. By history, UGA is the winner with UM in 2nd place.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
Rivalry? Well I think to be a big rivalry the other team has to win more than twice every 15 yrs. We own UGA for the most part. Sure they got us this yr but as the saying goes every squirrel finds an acorn sooner or later.

lilChomp

VIP Member
I think FSU is a bigger rivalry in terms of pure hatred... but the UGA game gets national exposure so that's why SI think's its a bigger rivalry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema