• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UF assessing possible recruiting violation

Well this is not a good time to hear this.

Florida's compliance office is still gathering information over what could be a possible secondary NCAA violation concerning football coach Urban Meyer's communication with junior college transfer Carl Moore and his girlfriend, UF gymnast Maranda Smith

"We're gathering information and it would be inappropriate to say anything more at this point," said Jamie McCloskey, UF's senior associate athletic director for compliance.

McCloskey said the possible violation would be considered minor and would not affect Moore's eligibility.

McCloskey said UF self-reports a dozen or so possible minor violations a year to the SEC and NCAA in several sports, and that this one would fall under the same category.

Meyer told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that UF had cleared him of any
improper communication with Moore and Smith, but McCloskey said UF is still looking into the matter before sending information to the NCAA.

Moore, a wide receiver and the No. 1 prospect coming out of the junior

college ranks, signed with Florida on Dec. 19 and enrolled in classes earlier this month. Smith, who competed for UCLA in 2006, attended Sierra (Calif.) Community College last school year with Moore.

The recruitment of Moore and Smith became an issue after a story appeared in The Gainesville Sun on Jan. 16. In the story, Smith said Meyer began calling her hoping it would help lure Moore to Gainesville if she signed with UF.

http://gatorsports.com/article/20080122/NEWS/935531926/1090

I had heard some about this previously, but I thought everything was OK. I am glad to hear that this does not affect his eligibility!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema