• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Troy Trojans vs. No. 1 Florida Gators

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Troy Trojans from Alabama are on their way the to Gainesville, Florida as we speak to challenge the Florida Gators in the second game of the 2009 season. Florida is home again in the Swamp and is a 36.5 point favorite over the Trojans. Troy doesn't make me uneasy and I'm quite confident the Gators will blow them out of the water... but remember last year, when Troy almost beat LSU in Baton Rouge? This is not a team to take lightly.

Kickoff is at 12:21 PM EDT. That's like the worst possible kickoff time for a Florida game this time of year. Not only do fans have to wake up at 5 am to start tailgating, but it's going to be like 100 degrees at kickoff. You better wear sunscreen and take advantage of the cool, misting fans they have set up in the concourses.

In 2008, The Gators were stuck in a defensive struggle with Miami in their second game of the season. Troy doesn't have that reputation of being stout on defense. Florida should have no problem going up and down the field on them. The Gators just need to be careful not to turn the ball over and make mistakes on special teams.

HEading into this game, I think we'll see a different Gator team than the one we saw last week... on both offense and defense. Defensive coordinator Charlie Strong called his team's strategy on defense in the season opener "very vanilla," and the Gators should show a little more this week.

"Last week, we went into the game with just a couple of defensive packages. You'll see the whole defense [Saturday]," coach Urban Meyer said. "Offensively, you saw very minimal of the spread option. You're going to see a lot of that this week. We're kind of opening up and letting it go."

I hope that involves more Chris Rainey, Jeff Demps and Moody. For the first time in two decades I think the Florida running game is just as exciting (if not more) than the passing game. I just love watching these young backs get the ball. They all have the ability to rip 50+ yard gaines on any play.

I expect the starter to get a good dose of playing time. They'll like play the entire game, unless the score reaches something absurd like 62-3 in the 3rd quarter. The Gators can't take this game lightly, but they do need to make sure their players are ready for Tennessee next week.

My score prediction: Gators 42 - Trojans 7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema