• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Todd Grantham and John Hevesy Fired

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)

Hevesy has been with Dan Mullen since 2001 at Bowling Green. Grantham has been with Mullen since 2017 at Mississippi State.

Special Assistant Paul Pasqualoni and secondary coach Crimedog McGriff will take over defensive play calling. Pasqualoni was head coach at Syracuse from 1994 to 2004, and he was defensive line coach in the NFL and Boston College before he joined the Gator staff in 2020.

Fun fact: Pasqualoni is 1-1 against the Gators as head coach at Syracuse.

Last edited:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...and, once you’ve found and read the above “recommended article”, consider this:
Like it or not, “THE END IS COMING”—and even more irresistible in its inevitability is (1) How necessary it simply is now, and
(2) How long and painful the road back will be.
Big changes are coming—and the path to somehow FIXING them can’t even BEGIN now until the whole foundation upon which the future will be built is itself fundamentally rejeuvenated.

Escambia94

@Escambia94, @Leakfan12,

See this article at “Saturday’s Down South”:
“Dan Mullen Has Only Himself to Blame”
The true “Bigger Picture” is there, I think.
True. Honestly I do not blame him for sticking with his core staff. At some point Stricklin probably sat him down and laid down some cold, hard facts and helped him come to this decision. Think about it: if Mullen gets fired next year he is going to call up Hevesy and Grantham.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
True. Honestly I do not blame him for sticking with his core staff. At some point Stricklin probably sat him down and laid down some cold, hard facts and helped him come to this decision. Think about it: if Mullen gets fired next year he is going to call up Hevesy and Grantham.
Time for US to begin to separate “Mullen’s thing” from OUR OWN “GATOR-thing” once more, I think. If he doesn’t HAVE the fundamental talent to “change and ADAPT” after all, so be it: We move on.
“Flogging a dead steed” NEVER works!

Escambia94

Time for US to begin to separate “Mullen’s thing” from OUR OWN “GATOR-thing” once more, I think. If he doesn’t HAVE the fundamental talent to “change and ADAPT” after all, so be it: We move on.
“Flogging a dead steed” NEVER works!
I am just sticking with reality. Mullen has a plan, and this is his plan. If he fails, then he takes his plan to his next job.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The bigger question is will the firings stop there?
My guess is that this is a pre-condition for Mullen staying through 2022.
Agreed, on BOTH counts.
The question remains, of course:
Is it enough?
I think we assume here that he HAS “a plan” that goes beyond merely “holding onto his job”—one that includes and relies on his ability to adapt and grow.
Was he already so inclined, based on this season’s flailing lack of positive results?
Does he have an evolving vision that can bring success back to UF—and the contacts out there from which to regather and rebuild a NEW team???
Otherwise, this is all just basically theoretical, a “holding action” more likely to be ultimately judged in retrospect a (mostly futile) waste of time.
These are fair and valid questions and judgements now, I think.

Escambia94

Update: LB coach Christian Robinson will take over defensive play calling. Paul Pasqualoni will have some TBD role on the field.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks, LF. As you know, in lieu of any kind of hope or satisfaction, I am searching, begging high and low now for some laughs, a little fun and mutual support from among my fellow brother fans here at GE.
It’s a tough road—so again,
THANKS!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Thanks, LF. As you know, in lieu of any kind of hope or satisfaction, I am searching, begging high and low now for some laughs, a little fun and mutual support from among my fellow brother fans here at GE.
It’s a tough road—so again,
THANKS!

You're welcome plus these guys are good.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema