• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK SIX

News Bot

News Bot
The Sunday Blog comes at you after an unexpected Saturday off and you know what that meant. Football, chicken wings, football, cold ones, football, chips, football, dip, football, friends, football

• I can’t imagine what it has been like to be a Tennessee fan this year. Every game down to the wire (except Virginia Tech, which might end up being the Vols’ best win). Every time you think they’re dead, they come back with a vengeance. Gotta give them credit considering the personnel losses. That sense of urgency Tennessee plays with is something a few SEC teams could use (yes, I’m looking at you Dan Mullen).
  • I always say that coaching hot seats — whether real or imaginary — are fluid and we saw that this weekend. Someone turned the burner up to high on Charlie Strong and Mark Helfrich. And that same imaginary person turned it down for Gus Malzahn, Clay Helton and James Franklin. Oregon, shmoregon. The Ducks are ahead of only Texas State and Rice among the nation’s 128 FBS schools in total defense. They have allowed 35 touchdowns, the second most among FBS school. How’s that whole Brady Hoke hire working out for you, Ore-gone?
  • This statistic makes no sense. I mean, isn’t turnover margin a big key to winning games? Unbeaten Michigan’s average score so far this year is 50-10.3. I know, they haven’t really played anybody but that’s not the point. The Wolverines rank 109th in the country in turnover margin at minus-10. They already 14 lost fumbles this year, makes no sense.
  • I invited Jim McElwain over to my three TV setup Saturday. He texted me back a picture of his setup. He was in a suite at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium watching a game with the playing field in the background. “Didn’t know where else to go today,” read his text.

The post THE SUNDAY BLOG, WEEK SIX appeared first on Dooleys Desk.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema