• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Play Calling Sucks.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
I tired of seeing Tebo run the ball all the time. How does it make all the other runnings backs feel when they see all the calls for Tebo. Hes a good QB and all but come on thats why we lost this game. He got rattled the to call the same old running play on a 4th and 1 1/2 knowing they would stack the line give me a break. We have no rythem cause Urban refuses to establish a big back (aka Moody) who has been running hard then what do you do leave him out of the last quater and a half. Ive been a true gator fan since I was a kid and by far this is the most predicable offense I have ever seen in the history of college football. All that speed and all we can seem to do is run Tebo. Havin played his heart out why not give him the ball on that play and see if u can make it to the corner. What do you all think?

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
No doubt that the coaches should get a lot of blame for calling bad plays and for losing yet another game to a school from mississippi, but the players should get the most blame. The coaches didn't fumble 3 times. The coaches didn't throw bad passes all game long. The players made too many errors.

skyntyte

Gator Fan
Moody got injured. He sprained his ankle AGAIN! We had several injuries- Moody, Tartt, Gilbert. You have to wonder if they were ready to play. Tartt just returned from an injury. People, we have injury issues and the weak link is the O line. If the O line is no good, the offense cannot be great. You HAVE to control the line of scrimmage to win in football and we are NOT!! I am not surprised Tebow was not sharp for every throw considering he had 300 lb guys breathing down his throat every second. The coaches MUST take the boys on the O line to the wood shed or we will be looking at a long season in the SEC. I will end by saying, the worst mistake of the day was the decision to not kick the field goal. Gutsy Les Miles would have even kicked the field goal!

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Moody got injured. He sprained his ankle AGAIN! We had several injuries- Moody, Tartt, Gilbert. You have to wonder if they were ready to play. Tartt just returned from an injury. People, we have injury issues and the weak link is the O line. If the O line is no good, the offense cannot be great. You HAVE to control the line of scrimmage to win in football and we are NOT!! I am not surprised Tebow was not sharp for every throw considering he had 300 lb guys breathing down his throat every second. The coaches MUST take the boys on the O line to the wood shed or we will be looking at a long season in the SEC. I will end by saying, the worst mistake of the day was the decision to not kick the field goal. Gutsy Les Miles would have even kicked the field goal!

I will say it again. There is NO WAY Phillips or Sturgis makes a 48 yard field goal. There is no way kicking the field goal even entered Meyer's mind, and there's no reason why it should have.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan

Great post - I saw the same thing you did and agree. Add to that the fumbles and a BIG defensive mistake with blown assignments on that last Ole Miss TD and that's what cost us the game.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Looking back, I wish we would have attempted a FG instead of going for it on that one 4th down - it would have made more sense - but as the saying goes hindsight is 20-20. A seat-of-the-pants win by 2 points would have been a whole lot better than a loss by only 1 point by all means - that's the one time I would question Mullen taking as huge a risk as he did.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema