• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The end of a season (for me)

News Bot

News Bot
Well, wasn’t that a lovely baseball season?
Yours may continue and this may be an exciting time for you but all of my attention is now focused on college football and my NFL fantasy team.
I’m 2-1 in case you wondered and the reason I know you don’t is because of my three rules of conversation:
1. Nobody wants to hear about your fantasy anything team.
2. Nobody wants to hear your hole-by-hole golf round. Give us a score. That’s all we need.
3. Nobody really wants to hear the story of your child’s performance in Pop Warner/Little League/the school play. They’ll nod like they do, but they don’t.
But that’s off point. The baseball season ended for me on a miserable Wednesday night. I am a huge Braves fan and a really big Red Sox fan. People tell me you are not allowed to root for two baseball teams but I do anyway. If the Braves played the Red Sox I would root for the Braves all the way.
But to be rooting for those two teams and have Wednesday night happen, heck, to have the last three weeks happen, well, it’s enough to turn me from a fringe baseball guy who only cares about two teams to treating baseball like soccer.
Enjoy the playoffs. I want nothing to do with them. It is now officially football season.
And if I sound bitter, it’s only because I am.

Source: GatorSports.com - Dooley's Desk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema