• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow's Heisman Ranking by msnbc

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
Tim Tebow is ranked #3 after Dennis Dixon and Matt Ryan. Here's what MSNBC's contributor Mike Woods has to say about Tebow and his chances.

Last game (42-30 loss vs. Georgia, 10/27): The combination of an injured non-throwing shoulder that limited his ability to run, more bad defensive play from his teammates and a Georgia team riding an emotional wave put a severe crimp in Tebow’s Heisman run.

Tebow finished a respectable 14-of-22 for 236 yards and a TD without a pick. He remains the nation’s leader in passing efficiency.

Although he scored two rushing TDs, he was limited in the number of times he ran the ball and was sacked six times on the day. That led to a total of 13 carries for minus-15 yards, his lowest rushing total as a Gator.

Tebow did all that he could, but as any Heisman winner will tell you, you’ve got to be a little lucky and above all, receive help from your teammates. Tebow didn’t get that Saturday, and it cost him. The Gators’ national championship run is definitely over, their SEC titles hopes may be as well and Tebow’s Heisman chances, at the very least, are in jeopardy.

Next game (vs. Vanderbilt, 11/3): This is no time for Tebow and the Gators to feel sorry for themselves, or a disappointing season will transform into a disastrous one.

The Commodores have used strong defensive play to fashion a 5-3 record, including a 17-6 upset win at South Carolina two weeks ago. They have nothing to lose and will be bolstered by the fact that they lost to last season’s national champions by just six points (25-19) at home.

Tebow will face a defense that is 14th in the country in total defense and 13th in scoring defense. This will not be a walkover.

Although he may just be playing for an invitation to New York for the ceremony at this point, it still beats sitting home.

djg8tr22

VIP Member
This will be a good test for our Offense But Tebow doesnt need to play this week truthfully. If his shoulder is that bad then rest up for SC and let Cam play this one.

GatorVirgin

VIP Member
I agree. If this game doesn't have any bearing on an SEC championship game in the future then Tebow should save his shoulder any more injury and make himself healthy for one of the bigger games.

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
You know what, my gators can go 0-12 or 12-0 and I'll love them just the same, I mean everyone loves to see'em win. and that will def. come in our near near future ;) as for tebow, I agree I think he should sit out, and rest up get better!! I love him to death and love watching him play, but there's nothing worse than to see him try and play and get hurt worse!!! I'm very proud of them this year wheather they get to play for the SEC title or not, and ofcourse i'd love to see a rematch between us and LSU, but maynot happen which is ok with me also. ;)

rawdog

VIP Member
Tebow beats Dixon in every statisical category. The only thing is Oregon only has 1 loss, while the Gators have 3. And Dixon is a senior.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema