• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow vs. Stafford: Vote now on Fox Sports

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Fox Sports has a poll up: Who is the better quarterback? Tim Tebow or Matt Stafford?

The stats aren't even close. The only edge Stafford has on Tebow is in the win column... but that was to be expected after the Florida team was purged after the Championship.

Cast Your Vote

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Why is that even a question?

It should be Tim Tebow or a greek god?

and

Matthew Stafford or Ryan Leaf?

That seems more reasonable.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
When Stafford was born in Tampa however his parents moved to Texas while he was young. I wished he stay in Tampa but he's doing a lot better than Stephen Garcia and Robert Marve. However, I still like Tebow a lot better than Stafford.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I can't believe so many people voted Stafford.

So UF's defense isn't as good as UGA's and therefore that means Tebow is a worse QB than Stafford? :rolleyes:

shandsgator8

VIP Member
well if you read the article it is mainly talking about their pro projections, so most voting are going on that!

Even if that's the case, Tebow will still be a great NFL QB. Of course, his religious zeal might make him have other goals, but that's the only thing that can "get in the way" of a successful NFL career.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
Either can I, Stafford threw for 12 interceptions compare to Tebow's 4. Tebow threw for 13 more touchdowns than Stafford. Did people forget than not to mention how many awards Tebow won? :sick0006:

Apparently people are voting based on winning % or something along those lines. Of course part of winning games means playing defense. Apparently Stafford is a better defender than Tebow. Or maybe Tebow can't make it in the NFL. I mean, he's so short, has a weak arm, makes bad decisions, can't read defenses, can't throw accurately, gets into trouble, blah blah blah.

AlanParsons

Gator Fan
Clearly, if this is a college only debate, then there is no competition at all. Tebow is going to put up numbers unmatched by anyone this side of Dan LeFevour.

But obviously, if the debate is on pro potential, you have to think that the pendulum swings in Stafford's favor.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
Clearly, if this is a college only debate, then there is no competition at all. Tebow is going to put up numbers unmatched by anyone this side of Dan LeFevour.

But obviously, if the debate is on pro potential, you have to think that the pendulum swings in Stafford's favor.

I really don't think either qb will be all that great in the NFL. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Timmy but it's not a definite that his game will translate into the NFL well. That being said, this is a COLLEGE football poll. There is no comparison. Tebow has the stats, the ring and the hardware.

SCOREBOARD!

keystonegator

Gator Fan
It's 50/50 right. What gets at me is the fact everyone seems to think Stafford is so great. The boy may become one of the best, but at this point he hasn't proven much in my eyes.

lets take a look at their 2007 passing #'s

Stafford

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 135 256 1749 52.7 6.83 53 7 13 12 108.99
2007 194 348 2523 55.7 7.25 84 19 10 15 128.92

Tebow

YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2006 22 33 358 66.7 10.85 55 5 1 0 201.73
2007 234 350 3286 66.9 9.39 66 32 6 13 172.47

it's not even close, and thats just passing #'s lets not get into the running and the fact that Tebow is the first person to ever win a Heisman his sophmore year, Dawg nation is either very strong or america is very dumb SMH either way

AlanParsons

Gator Fan
It's pretty simple. Alex Smith is not doing Tim any favors regarding the NFL. The spread offense is still seen as a gimmick by the NFL people, and Tim just happens to be the perfect QB for it. He is seen almost like a Duke basketball player right now. Of course, that can all change if he begins making his own audibles, taking snaps from under center, throwing the ball into tight windows and leading a successful two minute drill.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
It's pretty simple. Alex Smith is not doing Tim any favors regarding the NFL. The spread offense is still seen as a gimmick by the NFL people, and Tim just happens to be the perfect QB for it. He is seen almost like a Duke basketball player right now. Of course, that can all change if he begins making his own audibles, taking snaps from under center, throwing the ball into tight windows and leading a successful two minute drill.

You're right, Tim hasn't proven he can do the above well (although I think he has proven he can throw into tight windows), to the extent that he'll be the next Peyton Manning. However, there is no reason he can't do the above, and he already has the physical and mental tangibles to succeed in the NFL.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
To be honest, I'm not very surprised by this poll. IN THE EYES OF PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT UF FANS:

Stafford has won more recently. He won the Sugar Bowl while Tebow lost the Capital One Bowl. It also helps Stafford that UGA beat UF last year.

Tebow's national championship was not truly "his" ; it was Chris Leak's.

People across the US do not know how much better Tebow's stats are than Stafford's.

Some people still think Tebow "backed into" the Heisman and that McFadden or Dixon should have won.

UGA is generally predicted to do better this year.

I disagree with all of the reasons, but that's what other people see. However, Tebow's stats are head and shoulders above Stafford's, and Tebow has won a Heisman, an SEC Championship, and a National Championship.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema