• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Tebow not unanimous 1st team All-SEC

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
My suspicions were right - it WAS SOS: http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20090724/ARTICLES/907249979/1090?Title=Spurrier-takes-blame-for-Tebow-gate

And he's trying to sweep it under the rug by saying that he had his director of operations fill out the form? Sorry Steve, that won't cut any ice with THIS Gator fan. I think you're full of crap.

I believe him that it was a mistake.

When was the last time you heard Spurrier APOLOGIZE? I've certainly never seen it.

Spurrier has no problem speaking his mind. If he really thought Snead was better, he'd have said so and spoken up.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I believe him that it was a mistake.

When was the last time you heard Spurrier APOLOGIZE? I've certainly never seen it.

Spurrier has no problem speaking his mind. If he really thought Snead was better, he'd have said so and spoken up.

Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

I don't know what his beef is with UF right now, but hey, he made his choice back in 2002 out of his own free will to leave and if he's (1) having second thoughts about his decision and (2) is behaving the way he is out of jealousy over Meyer's level of success, then he needs to get over it. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it. The petulant, childish behavior he shows at times is unbecoming; case in point that stunt he pulled earlier this spring on Finebaum's radio show.

He can apologize from now until domesday, but he can't take back the things he says and does.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

I don't know what his beef is with UF right now, but hey, he made his choice back in 2002 out of his own free will to leave and if he's (1) having second thoughts about his decision and (2) is behaving the way he is out of jealousy over Meyer's level of success, then he needs to get over it. He made his bed, now he has to lay in it. The petulant, childish behavior he shows at times is unbecoming; case in point that stunt he pulled earlier this spring on Finebaum's radio show.

He can apologize from now until domesday, but he can't take back the things he says and does.
The Spurrier we all know would have admitted it the first time and loved the attention, would have gladly pointed out why he thought Snead was better without prompting, and probably thrown in a backhanded insult at UF or Tebow. He did none of those things. It's so out of touch with how he normally acts I don't see how Spurrier is lying.

And to be honest, I really don't mind his behavior.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
The Spurrier we all know would have admitted it the first time and loved the attention, would have gladly pointed out why he thought Snead was better without prompting, and probably thrown in a backhanded insult at UF or Tebow. He did none of those things. It's so out of touch with how he normally acts I don't see how Spurrier is lying.

And to be honest, I really don't mind his behavior.

It may not bother you, but as a Gator fan seeing him acting that way it bothers me a great deal; in fact, I find it embarassing.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
He did it when he was at UF and most loved him for it. I think to an extent what he does is actually good for college football.

Now that he's outside the program, he shouldn't be making statements or acting in a way that he knows will have a negative backlash on UF's program. Coach Meyer made a comment about the fact that all these ridiculous rumors are not only causing him distress, but also his family, his staff, and our players - as well as a potential adverse effect on recruits. When things get to that point, we have issues.

I respect SOS for what he's given to Gator football as an active player and coach, but his behavior leaves a lot to be desired at times - and that as of late has caused my opinion of him to plummet. He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, tend to his own affairs and not cause trouble.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I gotta agree with gatorsare#1 here. No big deal to me. Spurrier is just doing what he has always done. We loved him for it while he was here, so we can't bash him for it now. Also, I don't thnk him not voting for Tebow has been detrimental to our team or our coach's health.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
I gotta agree with gatorsare#1 here. No big deal to me. Spurrier is just doing what he has always done. We loved him for it while he was here, so we can't bash him for it now. Also, I don't thnk him not voting for Tebow has been detrimental to our team or our coach's health.

Funny thing; he finally admits he shouldn't have said in this quote from his Q&A session:

"Well, yeah, I’m often asked: Do you wish you hadn’t said this years ago, done this? I say, yeah, probably looking back, that was a little arrogant. I probably said too many things."

Hindsight is 20-20. Maybe now he'll learn to be more careful with what he says and does.

BTW, here's an interesting tidbit from Ben Volin: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2009/07/24/spurrier-wasnt-exactly-forthcoming-about-not-voting-for-tebow/

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Have fun getting your @$$ handed to you Spurrier like last year. If I was Meyer I have one of the linebackers nail him (Spurrier).

GatorBa!t

Gator Fan
even tho i have only seen SOS for 18 years....i truly believe it was a mistake...and i could tell how genuine and adamant he was about how sorry he felt...which is truly uncharacteristic of SOS, and from his past comments about tim tebow over the years, i do believe Spurrier holds him in the highest regards...nothing gives me any suspicion otherwise.....

in the end what does it matter......he is unanimous sec 1st team....they corrected the mistake..he is self motivated and ready to win his 3rd national championship and second Heisman.....Meyer is focused as well as the whole team....let the haters hate...if u aint a Gator ur Gator bait!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Spurrier has no class blaming his football operation guy for his mistake in not looking at the ballot.

Agreed. I love SOS for all that he has done for UF, but no coach should blame anyone other than himself for his own mistakes. I, as a loyal SOS fan, but more importantly, a loyal Florida fan and alumnus, would have accepted "I screwed up by not looking at the ballot", or even "Yeah, I voted for Snead and I stand by that decision even if it upsets my beloved Gator Nation". I can't accept "I screwed up while I was at UF, Tebow is awesome, but my assistant messed up and I will rectify the situation."

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
21208699.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema