• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Talk of the Town", Saturday morning edition

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Comin' at ya on a sunny Saturday morning from the Magic City........

First off, HUGE congrats go out to our Gator baseball team for winning the regular season SEC title; here's hoping they can make it back to Omaha for the CWS. Congrats to Jeff Demps on his stellar track season; can't wait to see him back in action on the football field this fall! Also have high hopes for our women's softball team as well (and oh BTW, congrats to Francesca Enea on her recent engagement!) and looking for a repeat trip for them to the women's big show.

I am far from being an aficionado of "reality TV", but based on what I've been seeing on Twitter it looks as though Gator alum and ESPN sports reporter Erin Andrews is still a contender on "Dancing with the Stars". I wish her well; the more positive things she can do after going through that ordeal with the stalker are just what she needs. Should she wind up winning it'll be the second time a Gator alum won; it was back a few years ago when Emmitt Smith happened to win the "title'.

Great to hear that Urban Meyer's enjoying his off-season; taking much-needed time off to be with his family and to travel a bit outside of football shows he's serious about improving his all-around health and well-being. Based on what I recently read in a Pat Dooley article (the link to which is also posted in our Gator Football forum) he's currently in Italy scheduled to meet with Pope Benedict XVI in the Vatican. Sounds like he's feeling and looking great as well; I can't wait to see him back on the sidelines this coming fall.

Prayers also going out to Ellen Tressel, wife of Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel, as she recovers from her recent heart surgery. Hope she gets well soon!

Besides keeping up with our new Gator rookies in the NFL and baseball/softball teams, another sport I keep up with while waiting for football season to start is pro tennis - and it so happens that the French Open gets underway this weekend. Seeing that Rafael Nadal's back and recently defeated Roger Federer in a tourney, their rivalry could heat up again on the clay courts in Paris. Anyway, I'm hoping that either Federer or one of our rising American stars (I like Andy Roddick also) can take the men's title and that Serena Williams, who's the women's top seed, takes the women's title.

Well, time for a refill on my coffee. Enjoy the upcoming summer, fellow Gators!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema