• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Stopping Glen Coffee

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Glen Coffee is rushing for 6.2 ypc this season and has gone over 100-yards in 4 games (including 200 against Kentucky). With our d-line banged up a bit, do you think we can still keep Coffee in check?

gogators9606

Gator Fan
Coffee is better then NO-show Mareno.... , and Bama's O-line is a lot better then Georgia. I think if we hold him to less then 115 we will win the game.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
If we could keep Knowshon Moreno in check, we'll find a way to do the same with Glen Coffee.

Remember, Alabama's offensive line is lightyears ahead of UGA's. You must take that into account.

I think our linebackers will do a good job, all things considered.

Coffee and Ingrahm (sp?) will probably combine for 175+ yards. If they don't it will be because of turnovers.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
I think we should be more worried about Ingram. He's the same type of back that historically has caused the Gator D some problems.

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^^ Bro, you are really starting to annoy me. Go back and PLEASE re-read my post. When did I ever say Ingram has played Florida? You really should start thinking before you post. Then again, I know thinkng isn't really the hallmark of a Bama fan.....

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
We've kept all the premier running threats we have faced to under they're ypg, coffee is just another challenge that our D will face with the same resolve they have shown in this march to Miami. ......
same type of back that historically has caused the Gator D some problems.
of whom do you refer, and don't you think this D is unlike our D's of the past that faced said backs?

leakbrewergator

Awesomeness
^^^ I was referring to the likes of Travis Henry, Robert Edwards, Dexter Carter,etc.

I do believe our D is different than year's past. I'm just saying, when teams have beat us in high profile games in the past, they've had backs like these guys that went off.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
^^^ I was referring to the likes of Travis Henry, Robert Edwards, Dexter Carter,etc.

I do believe our D is different than year's past. I'm just saying, when teams have beat us in high profile games in the past, they've had backs like these guys that went off.
Point made, but we aren't Charlie Strong either and I'm sure he will have something in store to address this very thing. That's been our modus operandi this year, Stopping the Run.
GO GATORS !!!

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think the key to winning is to make JPW throw as well, however I think we should give our run defense the benefit of the doubt.

If we go all out to stop the run, Julio Jones and JPW are good enough to get a lucky deep pass and get a quick passing TD. If Alabama does this, this will be a huge momentum maker since Alabama knows (or believes) they can already run the ball down our throats.

Do what we can to stop the run, but not too much...at least initially. I'd rather open the game having our defense give up 40 yards in 3 running plays than give up a TD in 1 play.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema